Can someone explain Hotstar coverage details

I'm trying to switch from my local cable to hotstar. The cable operator has been acting uppity and doesnt come to collect the charges and cuts the channel coverage. I had to call him twice to get it reinstalled but he doesn't pick up the phone and he calls when he pleases. He shows disrespect by hanging up when I'm in the conversation with him. I have just about had it with him. Anyway I dont watch that much TV apart from sports.

I live in Chennai. What are my options at hotstar. Is the world cup covered. I see the IPL is covered. I see the premium plan Rs.999/yr and a VIP plan Rs.365/yr.  It says the vip plan has ads. It also says in the premium plan, you can watch american shows with no ads. But since I'm just watching sports and no tv shows, would that feature ads. Can someone help me out here.

8 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Never enjoyed watching cricket or any sports in mobile/mac/tablets etc. Nothing can give the feeling like watching in 65 inch LED TV. I normally just follow scores if not on tele.

Hot star can easily be played on TV with Amazon Firestick. In Urban India many people are using TV only for streaming services and not cable

19 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Never enjoyed watching cricket or any sports in mobile/mac/tablets etc. Nothing can give the feeling like watching in 65 inch LED TV. I normally just follow scores if not on tele.

There's this thing called smart TVs as well as plugin devices to make them smarter, besides the HDMI cables that have been around forever.

You'll have to ditch dial up internet though & get something known as broadband internet.

On 3/20/2019 at 7:41 PM, Real McCoy said:

I'm trying to switch from my local cable to hotstar. The cable operator has been acting uppity and doesnt come to collect the charges and cuts the channel coverage. I had to call him twice to get it reinstalled but he doesn't pick up the phone and he calls when he pleases. He shows disrespect by hanging up when I'm in the conversation with him. I have just about had it with him. Anyway I dont watch that much TV apart from sports.

I live in Chennai. What are my options at hotstar. Is the world cup covered. I see the IPL is covered. I see the premium plan Rs.999/yr and a VIP plan Rs.365/yr.  It says the vip plan has ads. It also says in the premium plan, you can watch american shows with no ads. But since I'm just watching sports and no tv shows, would that feature ads. Can someone help me out here.

I have a similar relationship with the dth walle guys.:roti:

I refuse to recharge unless absolutely helpless.

I chromecast and also use smart view to watch ....hotstar,sony liv ...whatever.

17 minutes ago, beetle said:

I have a similar relationship with the dth walle guys.:roti:

I refuse to recharge unless absolutely helpless.

I chromecast and also use smart view to watch ....hotstar,sony liv ...whatever.

I switched to hotstar. Lets see how it goes :dance:

17 minutes ago, Vilander said:

lol thats not just disrespect man..:laugh:

What it is then. They don't want business? This month they cut the channels for every flat in our compound just because the guy who collects money didnt come sooner. Others paid up and got the channels back. I told him to bugger off.

Edited by Real McCoy
Just now, Real McCoy said:

What it is then. They don't want business? This month they cut the channels for every flat in our compound just because the guy who collects didnt come. Others paid up. I told him to bugger off.

:laugh: ... triplicane or selaiyur or t nagar or let me guess nanganallur 

love to see cricket in flat its great fun.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

I don't get it. Does it mean its like this throughout the city. They used to be much better a few years ago. I don't know why this cold shoulder now. I live in Adyar

oh ok..yeah its like this everywhere from long time ( i am talking several years in those locations). atleast from when i used to come there during vacations earlier.. cable guys are scum basically. get some airtel or dish service or just go broadband and streaming subscription. lots of IP Tv options available.

11 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

What it is then. They don't want business? This month they cut the channels for every flat in our compound just because the guy who collects money didnt come sooner. Others paid up and got the channels back. I told him to bugger off.

Had similar issues in Mumbai as well. The cable service would cut off star sports channels & would demand that we call them every month to enable it. I requested that they keep a list of such subscribers to which they say :reddy:

Then it got worse, sometimes some channels including sports would disappear, other times all would disappear. They obviously continued their super awesome service quality so I got dth as well.

Why don't you guys try DTH for a change?
Personally, my wife and I realized we hardly watch TV so we did not see the need for DTH when we get almost all channels through local cable.

Now with the new rules for purchasing channels individually for cable as well we are contemplating shunning cable as well.

We are seeing the benefits of this, as my little daughter is spending more time doing creative stuff than wasting her time on TV, while I am spending more time with my wif...I mean on ICF.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk