One bouncer per over rule

King

How much has ODI cricket changed after the one short ball per over rule has been introduced? Has this reduced the slogging or has it made any changes at all? Are the batters a little circumspect these days what with the bowlers having a chance to give back to the sloggers with a short one? The statistics since the last year or so suggest the high scores and chases have been more of a trend these days. A lot of bowlers wanted at least one short one allowed per over and now they have it. That said the extra 5 overs of power play have nullified the one short ball rule. I rather think they should reduce the number of overs with restrictions back to 15 or even 10 give the bowlers a fair chance???

Re: One bouncer per over rule A mandatory 5 overs of field retrictions in the beginning plus 2 more powerplays of 5 overs each should be a good contest between batsmen and bowlers. As far as 1 bouncer per over is concerned, I think it has helped the game a bit, but more bowling conducive pitches would go a long way in evening out the contest.

Re: One bouncer per over rule More than the bouncer rule the extremely tight Wide rule has made ODIs batsman's game... there is no such thing as a negative line anymore in ODIs... In the past the wide rule was more like the Test match rule on wides...that has effected economy rates a lot... Of course originally there were no fielding restrictions either... which also impacts economy rate... I would say an economy rate of 3.5 in the old days is like 4.5 today...