Ishant Sharma eyes fourth pacer's slot in India's World Cup squad

Ishant, however, feels that it's a "perception" surrounding him that he is only a Test bowler. The 30-year-old is banking on a good performance in the upcoming Indian Premier League (IPL) to break into India's ODI set-up and also earn a place in the World Cup squad as the fourth pacer.

"I'm a positive guy and always think something good is going to happen. I have opportunities to avail in this IPL. The Indian team is still looking for a fourth seamer. Hopefully, I am the fourth seamer in that World Cup team," Ishant said during an open media session of IPL franchise Delhi Capitals

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/icc-world-cup/ishant-sharma-eyes-fourth-pacers-slot-in-indias-world-cup-squad/articleshow/68458629.cms

Too many media interactions for number 4 batsman and fourth bowler by dusted players

First Ashwin and now this guy. Ishant "unlucky" Sharma thinks he is a test bowler. I have mixed emotions of laughter and anger. He is the worst bowler to have played 50+ tests. He is soon to become the only 100+ test bowler with the worst stats. If it wasn't for his boyfriend who is also a captain, he would've been banished years ago. I also recollect him throwing a hissy fit when Dhoni wanted to drop him. So Dhoni kept picking him to show that he's not biased. He gave him a long rope to hang himself.

But with Kohli becoming captain, he thinks his place in the test team is secured. Now he wants to get into the ODI squad as well :facepalm:. My memories of him playing in the IPL is him getting struck for a hat trick of sixes by Anirudha Srikkanth :hysterical:

Its crazy to think how few of these players who haven't been in the limited overs side for quite some time now are giving these statements one after the other. Ishant Sharma has been out of ODI team since Jan 2016. May be him not being part of any Indian WC squad in his career is kicking him inside & making him eye for the 4th seamer spot.

Edited by Turning_track
4 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

First Ashwin and now this guy. Ishant "unlucky" Sharma thinks he is a test bowler. I have mixed emotions of laughter and anger. He is the worst bowler to have played 50+ tests. He is soon to become the only 100+ test bowler with the worst stats. If it wasn't for his boyfriend who is also a captain, he would've been banished years ago. I also recollect him throwing a hissy fit when Dhoni wanted to drop him. So Dhoni kept picking him to show that he's not biased. He gave him a long rope to hang himself.

But with Kohli becoming captain, he thinks his place in the test team is secured. Now he wants to get into the ODI squad as well :facepalm:. My memories of him playing in the IPL is him getting struck for a hat trick of sixes by Anirudha Srikkanth :hysterical:

oh did not know kohli is captaining since 2008.

2 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Man look at all the topics in the front page of this section. :laugh:

Hanuma vihari targets#4

Rahane wants ODI spot

Pant for#4

Shreyas iyer expecting WC spot

Ashwin I'm no slouch in white ball.

An unsettled team encouraging loudmouths. 

Except the Rahane one, all the others are justified. Vihari, Pant, Iyer are candidates for #4 considering the current options we have. Ashwin was phenomenal in the previous 2 WCs and has pedigree even in white ball cricket. Ishant isn't the worst option as 4th seamer considering MSK will most likely pick Kaul or Unadkat for that role. 

Edited by Gollum

He isn't that bad specially if compared with Kaul or Khaleel or even Umesh. He was wicket taker in odis only issue was his death bowling. If he is picked as 4th seamer then he will only play when conditions are overcast and i guess he will be most lethal option + he won't have to bowl in death as we will have other 2 pacer with him. If you use him properly he is good option + he is consistent as well.