ICF IPL 2019 Fantasy League

Forever Indian

Hi guys, we will be playing the Fantasy League at the official IPL site this year. I considered other sites like Cricketweb but they were even more useless than this competition. There are a lot of changes this year with Dream 11 replacing Fandromeda for hosting the competition.

With the change in hosting there are significant changes to the rules as well. There will no longer be a requirement to change teams before every match, instead subs/trading of players should be done for a group of 8 matches or so together. Some of the key things to note are:

• Matches are separated into rounds with each round having 8 matches in league stage and all Playoffs considered as one final round
  • Subs/Trades of players should be done before the start of 1st match of each round and the trades will be applicable for all the 8 matches in league stage
  • 5 Subs/Trades are allowed per round
  • You have to select a Captain and Vice-Captain with the Captain earning Double points and Vice-Captain earning 1.5x points

I will try to add some more pointers here, but please go through the full Rules and Points System in the website.

Details of joining below:

Once team is created and you have joined, please post the team name here. Looking forward to see lots of you guys join, given especially that this time the competition wouldn’t require changes every match like previous years :nice:

Edited by Forever Indian

1 minute ago, Forever Indian said:

The one good thing though is people don't have to invest a lot of time this time as you can't make changes for every match.

M very confused about the rules till now 

so once u make a team or the round u cant make a single change till next round starts ??? right ?

1 hour ago, Forever Indian said:

• 5 Subs/Trades are allowed per round 

whats this ?

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

M very confused about the rules till now 

so once u make a team or the round u cant make a single change till next round starts ??? right ?

whats this ?

Yes, once the first match of a round starts you cannot make any changes for that round. Whatever changes you do will be applicable from the next round only.

Eg. Round 1 - Match 1 to 8

Round 2 - Match 9 to 16

Round 3 - Match 17 to 24

........etc......

Changes made before start of match 1 will be applicable for first round. Any further changes made will only be applicable from match 9 (Round 2)

The 5 subs/ trades are the number of changes you can make before each round. Makes more sense?

35 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Yes, once the first match of a round starts you cannot make any changes for that round. Whatever changes you do will be applicable from the next round only.

Eg. Round 1 - Match 1 to 8

Round 2 - Match 9 to 16

Round 3 - Match 17 to 24

........etc......

Changes made before start of match 1 will be applicable for first round. Any further changes made will only be applicable from match 9 (Round 2)

The 5 subs/ trades are the number of changes you can make before each round. Makes more sense?

yup

1 minute ago, ipl is fun said:

I see this time they have OTP to login each time. I guess it's not for folks who are outside India w/o a India simm card

Any ways around it? Thanks 

I am in the UK and able to login without issues. I am using my Gmail account to login. I think if you signup from scratch they are asking for an India mobile number, so use an existing gmail account if you have one.

8 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

I am in the UK and able to login without issues. I am using my Gmail account to login. I think if you signup from scratch they are asking for an India mobile number, so use an existing gmail account if you have one.

I had account at iplt20.com but not at dream11. So its as good as creating new for which they need a OTP.. does not make sense

10 hours ago, ipl is fun said:

I had account at iplt20.com but not at dream11. So its as good as creating new for which they need a OTP.. does not make sense

I just used the option of logging through my Gmail account and it is fine. I am outside India as well. Try to find it, if not I will try to screenshot where you can login by Gmail.