Attacks like Pulwama happen all the time, wrong to attack Pakistan: Rahul Gandhi aide Sam Pitroda

Gollum

HIGHLIGHTS

• Sam Pitroda questions death toll in the Balakot airstrike
  • Naive to blame Pakistan for 26/11, says Sam Pitroda
  • Sam Pitroda said it was not right to punish Pakistan because of a few terrorists.

Close aide of Rahul Gandhi and Indian Overseas Congress chief, Sam Pitroda, on Friday questioned the death toll in the Balakot airstrike by the Indian Air Force in response to the Pulwama terror attack and said it was wrong to attack Pakistan.

"If they (IAF) killed 300, its ok. I am saying can you give me more facts to prove it," Sam Pitroda told news agency ANI. Sam Pitroda said it will be naive to assume that if some people came here and attacked, every nation is to be blamed.

"Don't know much about attacks. It happens all the time. Attack happened in Mumbai also, we could have then reacted and just sent our planes but that is not right approach. According to me, that's not how you deal with the world," Sam Pitroda added.

On the airstrikes against the Jaish-e-Mohammed camp in Pakistan, Sam Pitroda said people of India deserved to know the facts of the Indian Air Force operation.

Sam Pitroda said it was not right to "punish" Pakistan because of a few terrorists. "Eight people (26/11 terrorists) come and do something, you don't jump on entire nation (Pakistan). Naive to assume that just because some people came here and attacked, every citizen of that nation is to be blamed. I don't believe in that way," Sam Pitroda told ANI.

When asked if Dr Manmohan Singh as the Prime Minister was as decisive in his actions as PM Narendra Modi, Pitroda said Manmohan Singh was one of the best Prime Ministers the country ever had.

"A lot of people ridiculed, a lot of people have written articles, they have done movies. It is all bogus," he added.

Sam Pitroda went on to say in the interview that since 2014, a populist government had risen in both India and the United States. "The formula is to create fear by saying that there is an enemy at the border. In India, it is Pakistan. In US, it is Mexican immigrants. Then say everything is bad because nobody is competent," he added.

LINK

Speaking on India’s claims of destroying Jaish-e-Mohammad camps in Pakistan, close confidant of Rahul Gandhi, Pitroda said international news outlets had an alternate view of the impact of the air strike and that the people of India deserved to know the facts of the Air Force operation.

“I would like to know a little more because I read reports in the New York Times and other newspapers. Did we really attack? We really killed 300 people? I don’t know that. As a citizen, I am entitled to know and if I ask it is my duty to ask, that doesn’t mean I’m not a nationalist, That doesn’t mean I am on this side or that side. We need to know the facts. If you say 300 people were killed, I need to know that,” said Pitroda.

He also sought a dialogue with Pakistan. “I am a Gandhian, I believe in more compassion and respect. I believe in more dialogues personally. I think we should have a dialogue with everybody. Why just Pakistan? We are having dialogue with the whole world,” he added.

LINK

'No one died from your family': 26/11 victim, who helped identify Kasab, slams Sam Pitroda

Devika Rotawan, who was 10 years old when she was shot in the leg, slammed Sam Pitroda for his remarks. She told a news channel: "Pakistan is a house for terrorists. How can you support Pakistan? No one died from your family. Therefore, you are saying all this. I think he is in support of Pakistan. Pakistan always backstabs us." Rotawan had famously helped identify Ajmal Kasab.

LINK

All moral/ethical factors come into play only when Pak establishment & its citizens need to pay for it, when it comes to our own citizens & security forces who have lost their lives in tens of thousands due to sponsered terrorism then we only get a copy-paste condemnation note from these shameless fence sitters. This is the sole reason RaGa & liberal gang need to be kept away from power. 

1 hour ago, Turning_track said:

All moral/ethical factors come into play only when Pak establishment & its citizens need to pay for it, when it comes to our own citizens & security forces who have lost their lives in tens of thousands due to sponsered terrorism then we only get a copy-paste condemnation note from these shameless fence sitters. This is the sole reason RaGa & liberal gang need to be kept away from power. 

They are not fence sitters. They are very clear in what they want to achieve. They are the traitorous fifth column within destroying India. If it was Pakistan in our place, they would be cannon fodder if they barely raise a stink

1 hour ago, FischerTal said:

Sam pitroda is close family henchman. For him to say this is really strange.

52 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

i just find it odd, his statement at this point. To me it appears as if he was forced into saying all this and certainly not by congress. 

It wouldn't be the first time. They have made such claims earlier 

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/sonia-gandhi-cried-bitterly-after-seeing-batla-house-encounter-images-salman-khurshid-in-azamgarh-571479