How is Harbhajan not getting called for chucking?

Gollum

Caught a few glimpses of the initial overs, unfortunately because it was playing in the mess :facepalm:

Harbhajan Singh is chucking, it doesn't get more blatant than that. This is the sort of stunt we pull off in local gully tennis ball matches. Are the umps blind? Cat got commie tongues? What does this inaction say about the league? Pathetic, downright embarrassing to watch a javelin thrower plying his trade. 

18 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Why no complain when he played for India? Overall agreed though he needs to be tested for chucking.

If you know my posting history I also complained when he played for India. Even when it came to talking about the 2001 Aus series I have made posts about how his chucking helped us win. 

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Caught a few glimpses of the initial overs, unfortunately because it was playing in the mess :facepalm:

Harbhajan Singh is chucking, it doesn't get more blatant than that. This is the sort of stunt we pull off in local gully tennis ball matches. Are the umps blind? Cat got commie tongues? What does this inaction say about the league? Pathetic, downright embarrassing to watch a javelin thrower plying his trade. 

Re: the part in bold;  Is that a Gollumspeak for " Oh I pretend that I hate the IPL, but watch every game twice" ???

As for the rest of your post: This is the IPL. Harbhajan exists to entertain. No one cares if its chucking or not. Makes no difference in the bigger scheme of things.

Edited by Mariyam

35 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Re: the part in bold;  Is that a Gollumspeak for " Oh I pretend that I hate the IPL, but watch every game twice" ???

Actually I may have to bear with 20-30 minutes of IPL daily. My friends are IPL fans and the mess we go to for dinner has a TV where they show IPL, same happened last year too :((

So yeah whilst I may try to avoid the dark side, a few moments and memories do seep into my protesting cerebrum. I will use that as a weapon and troll my friends, troll ICFers and open a few rant threads every now and then :evil:

As for the rest of your post: This is the IPL. Harbhajan exists to entertain. No one cares if its chucking or not. Makes no difference in the bigger scheme of things.

Lady Yam, this is cricket and every cricket game has to follow standard rules. Is this a tacit admission on your part that IPL ain't cricket :confused:? Maybe ask the bowlers to simulate Rajini dance moves in their run up in the future and let us have stand up comedy gigs by the batsmen and umpires during time outs....more avenues for entertainment. 

Edited by Gollum

@Gollum Allow me to explain.

This is isn't cricket. This is cricketainment. If you think the slapgate, the spot fixing gate and Sahara's land grab for the Pune stadium weren't all fixed. You are kidding yourself.

What next? You will say that you really believe that Americans really landed on the moon and not a studio in Arkansas.

Chucking if entertaining is of more value in the IPL than world class bowling that bores.

Edited by Mariyam

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@Gollum Allow me to explain.

This is isn't cricket. This is cricketainment. If you think the slapgate, the spot fixing gate and Sahara's land grab for the Pune stadium weren't all fixed. You are kidding yourself.

What next? You will say that you really believe that Americans really landed on the moon and not a studio in Arkansas.

Chucking if entertaining is of more value in the IPL than world class bowling that bores.

Off topic but What do you intend to say here... That they just landed in a studio in Arkansas...

If you think so, pls do not make it a fact and mix that with your analogies of tamasha premier league... and spoil your otherwise witty comment. 

58 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

Bhajji has been chucking for years ,earlier it was the doosra, nowadays it's the normal off spinner as well . Nothing new 

Precisely, his normal off-spinners were blatant javelin throws yesterday.