Your favourite Indian cricket ground

Which are the cricket grounds you have visited in India and which are the liveliest ones? It may not be the one with most crowds. I have been at Eden Gardens 10-12 times and once at Kotla. Definitely prefer Eden Gardens vibe, was lucky to have watched kuldeep hattrick and Ind-pak t20 semi with electric atmosphere. 

Target in future for me: chinnaswamy and wankhede.

Watched most of my matches at Eden Gardens, even played (badly) in the ground thrice in CAB sub-junior (95, 110 points) tournaments besides hanging around as net bowler for seniors. Definitely Eden, greatest sports venue in India IMO.

Chepauk will be 2nd as far as cricket venues are concerned, some great memories associated with that ground. Probably it surpasses Eden if quality of matches/achievements/memories is taken into consideration starting with our 1st test win in 1952 against ex-colonial masters England. 

Edited by Gollum
2 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Wankhede and Chinnaswamy are the best.. Chepauk comes next.

Want to go to Eden Gardens and Dharamsala sometime.

I've heard Feroz Shah Kotla is the worst

When I went their facilities were bad but that has been a while.

17 hours ago, Khota said:

Feroze Shah Kotla becaus ethat is the only place I have attended games in. If I get my bias out of the way it has to be Eden Garden.

Feroz Shah Kotla is the ugliest ground in the country, those zig zag stands are an eye sore, the ground looks like a ST stand with ads of Pan Bahar. the most picturesque ground has to be Dharamsala, most sporting wicket along with the lush green outfield has to be Mohali.

5 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Feroz Shah Kotla is the ugliest ground in the country, those zig zag stands are an eye sore, the ground looks like a ST stand with ads of Pan Bahar. the most picturesque ground has to be Dharamsala, most sporting wicket along with the lush green outfield has to be Mohali.

Kotla has the best atmosphere. Sight of people shouting at each other, making noise and it is nothing short of a festive atmosphere. I did mention that facilities are the ugliest.