DC: Squad Updates and Shreyas Iyer Captaincy watch thread

mishra

This thread title is self explanatory. Defending a match is a situation where captaincy skills are tested. First game of IPL which was won defending. Over all, Satisfied with his captaincy material.   200 was always chase able on a pitch where 8 runs per over was almost given. Compare that to Rohit, So many times Pant mishit balls in air before reaching his fifty (except one six which was clean hit) and there wasn't any fielder anywhere near the ball.

1 hour ago, mishra said:

This thread title is self explanatory. Defending a match is a situation where captaincy skills are tested. First game of IPL which was won defending. Over all, Satisfied with his captaincy material.   200 was always chase able on a pitch where 8 runs per over was almost given. Compare that to Rohit, So many times Pant mishit balls in air before reaching his fifty (except one six which was clean hit) and there wasn't any fielder anywhere near the ball.

You cant have fielders every where.

I want to keep the thread about captaincy. Defending a score in IPL is not easy specially when dew and other things come in picture. That was reason why hitman decided to bowl first. What is impressive about Iyer is he is only one who has defended it so far.

Toss
Kolkata Knight Riders won the toss and opt to bowl
Toss
Chennai Super Kings won the toss and opt to bowl
Toss
Mumbai Indians won the toss and opt to bowl
Toss
Rajasthan Royals won the toss and opt to bowl

I have a feeling that RR will also win it today, unless Ashwin can show some serious cricketing acumen.Bottom line is defending a total in IPL is not easy.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:34 PM, mishra said:

Is that the reason why he averages around 20s in odi and T20I?

What was Dhoni's average after 3 ODIs. He averages 34 with an SR of 168 overall in T20s and in IPL, he has thrashed even the best bowlers. T20Is, will rock there too sooner or later. Find me a better 21 year old hitter ever. and it is just a start of his career.

4 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Still making blunders. Batting Rishabh Pant below him is one of those. Pant is one of the top 3 batsman in IPL since last year. Shreyas Iyer needs to be sacked as captain.

Mooch is not a captaincy material and Pant is too young to be captain doesn't want the captaincy role should have tried for Kane last year. 

4 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Mooch is not a captaincy material and Pant is too young to be captain doesn't want the captaincy role should have tried for Kane last year. 

I don't think Iyer is so dumb that he considers Pant as lesser IPL batsman that him. It seems he is selfish to not bat below so that he can face more balls and try to get more runs and thereby claim spot in national team. The think tank should change the batting position of Iyer.

DC is easily the most entertaining team to follow.

3 of India's best young batting talents in Shaw, Iyer and Pant; one of the best young fast bowlers in Rabada. Exciting young leggie from Nepal.

Then on the other hand you have Patel square, Dilli ke nalayak Gabbar and Ishu, Halwai Mishra and some so-so foreigners.

8 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I don't think Iyer is so dumb that he considers Pant as lesser IPL batsman that him. It seems he is selfish to not bat below so that he can face more balls and try to get more runs and thereby claim spot in national team. The think tank should change the batting position of Iyer.

Iyer at 4 had flopped in 2016 and 2017 he is not destructive like Pant. The previous owners loved him a lot and was a future captain for us which he became last year. 

26 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

The think tank can over rule him .

The batting order is usually decided outside the ground so I feel that think tank wants Iyer to come before Pant.

Iyer is  hardly strong enough to overrule think tank or owners.

8 minutes ago, beetle said:

The think tank can over rule him .

The batting order is usually decided outside the ground so I feel that think tank wants Iyer to come before Pant.

Iyer is  hardly strong enough to overrule think tank or owners.

I don't mind him at 3 if Pant is dismissed early makes it difficult for the lower order it happened in 2017.

He's a bad captain but wont be too harsh on him as he was made the captain by default last season .he can always improve by learning game by game and also with Ricky and dada in the dug out .

With the resources DC have, we should be challenging for the top 3 this season