Ashwin you are a ficking disgrace

King Tendulkar

Was Ashwin right or wrong?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Was Ashwin right or wrong?

4 minutes ago, flamy said:

It is not about Ashwin or Buttler. Why didn't the umpire call it a dead ball?

Cos its not a complete ball yet. Once bowler has reached popping crease during the runup. Runout rule becomes active and remains active till ball becomes dead ie left the bowlers hand and no one is running between wicket. Umpire decides when ball becomes dead

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Bowler appealed. This frame was available to 3rd umpire I am guessing, who then pressed the red button. So how is it the bowler's fault? Umpires always carry the ICC rule book with them, they had to take the final call after referencing the para in question. So tomorrow if an umpire gives a blaring howler against the batsman will you call the bowler a cheat for appealing? 

1. Did Buttler leave his crease - Yes

2. Would Buttler have been in his crease had Ashwin just gone on to bowl normally - Yes

3. Did Ashwin stop his delivery stride before the batsman left the crease - Yes (that's what the picture tells you)

While 1 tells you the batsman is at fault, 2 and 3 surely work in the batsman's favor..

I don't think the law is clear on this... For me, 3 particularly is strong enough to rule against the bowler

1 minute ago, bowl_out said:

Greg Chappell played within the rules of the game as well when he asked him bowler to bowl underarm.. Maybe that isn't cringy enough either?

Except Ashwin didn't look for a loophole in the cricketing laws. The law specifies that a batsman can be dismissed this way.

1 minute ago, mishra said:

I play it every season. It never happens apart from 20 over games. As i said, Not just advantage, batsman mooving out of crease does impacts rythm of bowler. Batsman know it very well.

And no, Rule won’t change. Rule are absolutely clear. If batsman mooves out of the crease before delivery, bowler can mankad

But he didn't even advance ??

So if that's the case the non striker should focus only on the bowler till he releases the ball?

I believe the rule should be amended with a a clause that you've got to give a prior warning 

1 minute ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Except Ashwin didn't look for a loophole in the cricketing laws. The law specifies that a batsman can be dismissed this way.

Except the rule doesn't specify that it is okay to pause your bowling to wait and con the batsman.

For me, the biggest issue is Ashwin paused his action and seemed like he had no intention to bowl that ball at all.

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Batsmen at non-striker end must take headstart from deep in the crease so that they are inside the crease at the point of delivery, and also with the requisite momentum. Just like how fielders in the deep or 30 yards circle often take their headstart from beyond the line.

Agree the final call had to be made by the umpire. 

Valid point 

Law 41.16: If the non-striker is out of his/her ground from the moment the ball comes into play to the instant when the bowler would normally have been expected to release the ball, the bowler is permitted to attempt to run him/her out. Whether the attempt is successful or not, the ball shall not count as one in the over.

Just now, bowl_out said:

Except the rule doesn't specify that it is okay to pause your bowling to wait and con the batsman.

For me, the biggest issue is Ashwin paused his action and seemed like he had no intention to bowl that ball at all.

Exactly ,that is the whole point 

9 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

But he didn't even advance ??

So if that's the case the non striker should focus only on the bowler till he releases the ball?

I believe the rule should be amended with a a clause that you've got to give a prior warning 

Yes he should watch bowler.Why should he not? Its not difficult.

Prior to few years, warning clause was there. But was removed recently. I am guessing here but Even at International level, batsmen at non striker end started making mockery of bowler for warning.

You can imagine what happened at standard division level.

I once told batsman once,  then mankaded next ball, but requested umpire to not give bat out, And he started getting on my nerves throughout the game. So , that day i decided, I will follow the book. Do hell with stupid siyappa of gentleman mask. It batsman whi is cheating, why should I as bowler suffer

Edited by mishra

Ashwin is such a great troll

Riled up the entire English cricket team and in a way ensured Indian will win the WC as Ashwin going to be living rent free in their heads

7 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Yes, the bowler would have been expected to release the ball had he not paused two extra seconds... so, even the law fails the bowler?

Exactly. So, it is the umpire's fault for not calling that. Is it unsportsmanlike to appeal for a catch to avoid a wide call? Or, to appeal for an LBW, on the off-chance that the umpire might give it out?

20 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

So now you're going to say the wicketkeeper pausing to wait until the batsman's foot is in the air to effect a stumping is against the spirit of the game too? :hysterical:

There's no reason for Buttler to be outside his crease before the ball is even delivered.

21 minutes ago, mishra said:

Wrong . Here its in full. Its batsmans responsibility to not leave the crease till ball has left bowlers hand

5C54AEBE-1289-453E-8D06-0EB2A343CB6F.jpeg

I'm not defending the batter or the bowler. I'm just pointing out it is up to the umpire. 

The way I'd have interpreted what happened would have been a dead ball, since Ashwin pulled out of delivering the ball.

I have no problems with what Ashwin or Buttler did.