King Tendulkar

Ashwin you are a ficking disgrace

Was Ashwin right or wrong?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Was Ashwin right or wrong?

Stupid commentators whining about warning the batter, but that is not in the rules. Whereas this IS against the rules, with the way the rule is worded - "when the bowler is expected to have released the delivery". Ashwin faked him out, and it is the umpire's fault for ruling that out.

15 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

It wasnt disgraceful because its within the rules of the game but what ashwin did was wrong on his part especially as a captain, I say this because butler wasn't advancing too much in his whole innings and ashwin could have issued a warning or a mouthing prior to this but he chose to directly run him out when he wasnt even advancing far down. 

Ashwin knew they weren't going to get butler out so best way (even publicity wise) was an out of the box plan 

Which bit is wrong? Rules clearly say to stay within the crease.

Mankanding is fair. It’s also the new rule. No sportsman spirit,gentleman’s game bs needed. T20 is already heavily in batsman’s favor. So this should be a part of it.

however watching the video of Ashwin’s mankading that was a bit too much.

Anyways it was the umpires fault for ruling that out. He is the biggest idiot here.

7 minutes ago, flamy said:

Stupid commentators whining about warning the batter, but that is not in the rules. Whereas this IS against the rules, with the way the rule is worded - "when the bowler is expected to have released the delivery". Ashwin faked him out, and it is the umpire's fault for ruling that out.

No, its not faking. He went through his action and then got him out. If Butler knew ball hasn’t been bowled, why did he leave the popping crease. He was obviously cheating 

4 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

D2hkByLX0AIL0cj.jpg:large

Yeah, Buttler was strolling out of his crease??

Somebody show Ashwin this picture when he bad mouths the batsman of taking unfair advantage the next time.

Wth are you on. Ashwins arm hasn’t even gone over his shoulder and butler was outside his crease

3 minutes ago, mishra said:

No, its not faking. He went through his action and then got him out. If Butler knew ball hasn’t been bowled, why did he leave the popping crease. He was obviously cheating 

Problem is with the wording of the rule - expected to have released the ball

1 minute ago, mishra said:

Wth are you on. Ashwins arm hasn’t even gone over his shoulder and butler was outside his crease

No that was ashwin stopping midway,leaning towards the stumps and waiting for butler to step out.

He then took of the bails.

That was a set up ...not mankading .

Ashwin had no intention of releasing the ball.. He stopped his run up even before Buttler was outside his crease, almost waiting for him to walk out and run him out...

Don't tell me you can't see the difference between Ashwin's appeal against Thirimanne vs this one

8 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Somebody show Ashwin this picture when he bad mouths the batsman of taking unfair advantage the next time.

Ashwin could be booed in some of the games 

7 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Mankanding is fair. It’s also the new rule. No sportsman spirit,gentleman’s game bs needed. T20 is already heavily in batsman’s favor. So this should be a part of it.

however watching the video of Ashwin’s mankading that was a bit too much.

Anyways it was the umpires fault for ruling that out. He is the biggest idiot here.

But Baba, you are the one who speaks of spirit all the time. :dontknow:

3 minutes ago, mishra said:

Which bit is wrong? Rules clearly say to stay within the crease.

If you've played cricket you'd know it's imperative to gain a momentum while standing in the non strikers end ,one way or the other you tend to take a small (even if it's in inches ) headstart when the bowler delivers his action ,If every bowler (especially spinners) start doing this you'll immediately see a change in the rule because half of the batsmen in a team will be run out in this fashion .

Anyway ,if you look at the video closely ,butler wasn't even advancing down ,ashwin completed his action and he had no right to run him out after completing his action ,either do it in the flow or dont! Third umpire should have given it not out 

Just now, zen said:

Ashwin could be booed in some of the games 

He should be and would love to see him getting the same treatment.....

Ashwin better be careful at the nonstriker end.

2 minutes ago, flamy said:

Problem is with the wording of the rule - expected to have released the ball

1 minute ago, bowl_out said:

Ashwin had no intention of releasing the ball.. He stopped his run up even before Buttler was outside his crease, almost waiting for him to walk out and run him out...

Don't tell me you can't see the difference between Ashwin's appeal against Thirimanne vs this one

Why should he. If Butler wouldn’t have mooved out of crease, Then i would call it Ashwins fault. The fact that Butler went out of crease clearly means Ashwin is correct and Butler is cheating 

8 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Bowler appealed. This frame was available to 3rd umpire I am guessing, who then pressed the red button. So how is it the bowler's fault? Umpires always carry the ICC rule book with them, they had to take the final call after referencing the para in question. So tomorrow if an umpire gives a blaring howler against the batsman will you call the bowler a cheat for appealing? 

8 minutes ago, mishra said:

It is not about Ashwin or Buttler. Why didn't the umpire call it a dead ball?

2 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

If you've played cricket you'd know it's imperative to gain a momentum while standing in the non strikers end ,one way or the other you tend to take a small (even if it's in inches ) headstart when the bowler delivers his action ,If every bowler (especially spinners) start doing this you'll immediately see a change in the rule because half of the batsmen in a team will be run out in this fashion .

Anyway ,if you look at the video closely ,butler wasn't even advancing down ,ashwin completed his action and he had no right to run him out after completing his action ,either do it in the flow or dont! Third umpire should have given it not out 

I play it every season. It never happens apart from 20 over games. As i said, Not just advantage, batsman mooving out of crease does impacts rythm of bowler. Batsman know it very well.

And no, Rule won’t change. Rule are absolutely clear. If batsman mooves out of the crease before delivery, bowler can mankad

4 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Damn. How shameful can the guy be to effect a perfectly legal dismissal within the laws of the game. Next time, batsmen should ask the bowler to reverse his appeal when given out lbw.

Greg Chappell played within the rules of the game as well when he asked him bowler to bowl underarm.. Maybe that isn't cringy enough either?

7 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Ashwin conned Butler. He lied in the presentation about having not loaded his action even though he was halfway through it....then paused, without pulling out of his action, waited for Butler to take a step forward and then dismissed him.

There's no way that Ashwin can say that he saw Butler step out of his crease because he was still inside it when Ashwin paused to break the stumps. 

Butler's mistake was that he didn't pay attention to the con job.

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Bowler appealed. This frame was available to 3rd umpire I am guessing, who then pressed the red button. So how is it the bowler's fault? Umpires always carry the ICC rule book with them, they had to take the final call after referencing the para in question. So tomorrow if an umpire gives a blaring howler against the batsman will you call the bowler a cheat for appealing? 

No most icfers know rules better:whack:

3 minutes ago, flamy said:

True or should have given it not out .

Ashwin would have looked smart had butler really advanced far down and had ash dislodged the bail when in flow of his action,not after stopping and checking 

3 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

Batsmen at non-striker end must take headstart from deep in the crease so that they are inside the crease at the point of delivery, and also with the requisite momentum. Just like how fielders in the deep or 30 yards circle often take their headstart from beyond the line.

3 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

Agree the final call had to be made by the umpire. 

4 minutes ago, flamy said:

Cos its not a complete ball yet. Once bowler has reached popping crease during the runup. Runout rule becomes active and remains active till ball becomes dead ie left the bowlers hand and no one is running between wicket. Umpire decides when ball becomes dead

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

1. Did Buttler leave his crease - Yes

2. Would Buttler have been in his crease had Ashwin just gone on to bowl normally - Yes

3. Did Ashwin stop his delivery stride before the batsman left the crease - Yes (that's what the picture tells you)

While 1 tells you the batsman is at fault, 2 and 3 surely work in the batsman's favor..

I don't think the law is clear on this... For me, 3 particularly is strong enough to rule against the bowler

1 minute ago, bowl_out said:

Greg Chappell played within the rules of the game as well when he asked him bowler to bowl underarm.. Maybe that isn't cringy enough either?

Except Ashwin didn't look for a loophole in the cricketing laws. The law specifies that a batsman can be dismissed this way.

I play it every season. It never happens apart from 20 over games. As i said, Not just advantage, batsman mooving out of crease does impacts rythm of bowler. Batsman know it very well.

And no, Rule won’t change. Rule are absolutely clear. If batsman mooves out of the crease before delivery, bowler can mankad

But he didn't even advance ??

So if that's the case the non striker should focus only on the bowler till he releases the ball?

I believe the rule should be amended with a a clause that you've got to give a prior warning 

1 minute ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Except Ashwin didn't look for a loophole in the cricketing laws. The law specifies that a batsman can be dismissed this way.

Except the rule doesn't specify that it is okay to pause your bowling to wait and con the batsman.

For me, the biggest issue is Ashwin paused his action and seemed like he had no intention to bowl that ball at all.

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Batsmen at non-striker end must take headstart from deep in the crease so that they are inside the crease at the point of delivery, and also with the requisite momentum. Just like how fielders in the deep or 30 yards circle often take their headstart from beyond the line.

Agree the final call had to be made by the umpire. 

Valid point 

Law 41.16: If the non-striker is out of his/her ground from the moment the ball comes into play to the instant when the bowler would normally have been expected to release the ball, the bowler is permitted to attempt to run him/her out. Whether the attempt is successful or not, the ball shall not count as one in the over.

Just now, bowl_out said:

Except the rule doesn't specify that it is okay to pause your bowling to wait and con the batsman.

For me, the biggest issue is Ashwin paused his action and seemed like he had no intention to bowl that ball at all.

Exactly ,that is the whole point 

1 minute ago, flamy said:

Yes, the bowler would have been expected to release the ball had he not paused two extra seconds... so, even the law fails the bowler?

9 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

But he didn't even advance ??

So if that's the case the non striker should focus only on the bowler till he releases the ball?

I believe the rule should be amended with a a clause that you've got to give a prior warning 

Yes he should watch bowler.Why should he not? Its not difficult.

Prior to few years, warning clause was there. But was removed recently. I am guessing here but Even at International level, batsmen at non striker end started making mockery of bowler for warning.

You can imagine what happened at standard division level.

I once told batsman once,  then mankaded next ball, but requested umpire to not give bat out, And he started getting on my nerves throughout the game. So , that day i decided, I will follow the book. Do hell with stupid siyappa of gentleman mask. It batsman whi is cheating, why should I as bowler suffer

Edited by mishra

Ashwin is such a great troll

Riled up the entire English cricket team and in a way ensured Indian will win the WC as Ashwin going to be living rent free in their heads

7 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Yes, the bowler would have been expected to release the ball had he not paused two extra seconds... so, even the law fails the bowler?

Exactly. So, it is the umpire's fault for not calling that. Is it unsportsmanlike to appeal for a catch to avoid a wide call? Or, to appeal for an LBW, on the off-chance that the umpire might give it out?

20 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

So now you're going to say the wicketkeeper pausing to wait until the batsman's foot is in the air to effect a stumping is against the spirit of the game too? :hysterical:

There's no reason for Buttler to be outside his crease before the ball is even delivered.

21 minutes ago, mishra said:

Wrong . Here its in full. Its batsmans responsibility to not leave the crease till ball has left bowlers hand

5C54AEBE-1289-453E-8D06-0EB2A343CB6F.jpeg

I'm not defending the batter or the bowler. I'm just pointing out it is up to the umpire. 

The way I'd have interpreted what happened would have been a dead ball, since Ashwin pulled out of delivering the ball.

I have no problems with what Ashwin or Buttler did.