King Tendulkar

Ashwin you are a ficking disgrace

Was Ashwin right or wrong?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Was Ashwin right or wrong?

6 minutes ago, Pollack said:

He might be out of crease at other times but this time he was perfectly within line if not for the delay by Ashwin which fooled him into believing Ashwin completed his action because he wasn't directly looking at Ashwin and he left the crease. 

Why leave the crease? It is not like the striker has played the ball :dontknow:

And, why can't non-strikers look at the bowler releasing the ball? Look at Kohli, ABDV etc.

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

The point made here is Ashwin tricked butler into it

Buttler is not a baby to be tricked he was pretty much out of the crease the whole over look at the pics above.  Base your judgements on facts not on emotions. 

37 minutes ago, Pollack said:

He might be out of crease at other times but this time he was perfectly within line if not for the delay by Ashwin which fooled him into believing Ashwin completed his action because he wasn't directly looking at Ashwin and he left the crease. 

I don’t buy it Butler wasn’t even looking Ashwin So he would never know whether he was about to release or already released. That incident was a mere coincidence. Ashwin is known to delay his deliveries occasionally. It is s mode of dismissal. He just used it. Seeing how prevalent this is they should do more to keep batsmen in check. Non striker runs only runs 2 yards less with head start. How is that fair

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Exactly! .... And he acted as if K11's batsmen stay within the crease all the time. Uthappa took starts where he was around the crease many times but he did not have it in him to "Ashwin" him.

So other teams do not do it (and may not even care about it) to the batsmen of your team. You do not do it to all the batsmen. And then all of a sudden you do a con-job on Buttler. Pathetic, esp. from someone leading the side 

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Glad to see only the usual agenda driven posters are supporting Buttler. 

Not a single poster apart from @Stumped  is supporting Butler.

First try to improve your comprehension skills.

To quote your own words:

Base your judgements on facts not on emotions. 

4 hours ago, flamy said:

Why leave the crease? It is not like the striker has played the ball :dontknow:

And, why can't non-strikers look at the bowler releasing the ball? Look at Kohli, ABDV etc.

Leaving the crease once the striker has played the ball is too late. Neither it is the rule.

Non-striker's can look at bowlers releasing the ball. Some do while others don't. And those who don't do they still do not end up mankaded. 

Please try to understand, I am not supporting butler. I am merely stating in this particular instance, that is his dismissal, he was tricked by Ashwin. He is most probably leaving the crease before the ball is released in other instances which is why many bowlers are noticing him. Like I said not the 1st time he is mankaded.

Edited by Pollack

3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Not a single poster apart from @Stumped  is supporting Butler.

First try to improve your comprehension skills.

To quote your own words:

Base your judgements on facts not on emotions. 

Forgive his ignorance as Christ said "they do not know what they are doing" :lol:

the poster probably thinks it is his duty to support a Tamil and then an Indian vs a foreigner. In doing so he has resorted to what Pakistani like to call it Taqiya (bat is in the air, Ind vs xyz) .... in his mind, he may even be doing an Ind vs Eng .... when this is about IPL where player A conned played B in this particular instance irrespective of where they come from 

2 hours ago, zen said:

Exactly! .... And he acted as if K11's batsmen stay within the crease all the time. Uthappa took starts where he was around the crease many times but he did not have it in him to "Ashwin" him.

So other teams do not do it (and may not even care about it) to the batsmen of your team. You do not do it to all the batsmen. And then all of a sudden you do a con-job on Buttler. Pathetic, esp. from someone leading the side 

I suspect many do it. Maybe butler moves far too early to get noticed easily. In any case, butler cannot claim to be wronged here. He was out well within the rules. If he holds any grudge, it should be against the so called guardian of rules. Freaking stay within the crease to avoid such cases.

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

Leaving the crease once the striker has played the ball is too late. Neither it is the rule.

Non-striker's can look at bowlers releasing the ball. Some do while others don't. And those who don't do they still do not end up mankaded. 

Please try to understand, I am not supporting butler. I am merely stating in this particular instance, that is his dismissal, he was tricked by Ashwin. He is most probably leaving the crease before the ball is released in other instances which is why many bowlers are noticing him. Like I said not the 1st time he is mankaded.

Yea, I get it. Ashwin had a pause, and led Buttler on. What I'm only saying is if Buttler was looking at the bowler releasing the ball, which is honestly I have played all my cricket really, it feels natural to me, if Buttler had done that, Ashwin and Buttler would basically have been staring at each other's mugs, and it would have been a deadball.

I'm just bringing the focus to the non-striker here, since enough attention has been on Ashwin in this discussion

11 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Stop going in circle. Batsman should not be out of the crease until the ball is released. There are no "ifs" and "buts" here in the law. That is why he was given out. Today Pandya was an yard outside the crease in the last over. ABDV was within the crease. One guy knows the law. Other guy blatantly violates the law. Every bloody such guy should be mankaded. These are the things i was taught when we were in school. "Don't leave the crease until the bowler releases the ball"

To be honest, most batsmen do it and have been doing it for long. 

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

To be honest, most batsmen do it and have been doing it for long. 

It should be the discretion of bowlers whether to let them get away or not. "spirit BS" that comes from England & wales board should not victimize those who opts to exercise it. England control over law, rules should be taken away. It was a "gentleman game" during WG Grace era. 

20 minutes ago, flamy said:

Buttler has been schooled.

e8WKhskj7v3Z33SWrOWEWJgKKqwl01JpnRSOoet2-KE.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=23c10f3da08df854187c27304b54793cac564e00

He was inside when Ashwin conned him too :dontknow:

PS and if you advance the frame, he would probably be a little further :winky:

Edited by zen

Just now, zen said:

Ashwin learned his lesson. Did not Ashwin anyone vs KKR and got smacked for 5 6s   :dontknow:

I was talking about Buttler, but I guess Ashwin is living rent-free (with multiple neurons fanning him and serving him in different ways) in your head at this point going by your signature :dontknow:

1 hour ago, flamy said:

I was talking about Buttler, but I guess Ashwin is living rent-free (with multiple neurons fanning him and serving him in different ways) in your head at this point going by your signature :dontknow:

Buttler (or any batsman runout in this fashion) would now know about players who do a con job in cricket  .... let's see if Ashwin has it in him do such a job on another batsman :dontknow:

Edited by zen

2 hours ago, zen said:

Buttler (or any batsman runout in this fashion) would now know about players who do a con job in cricket  .... let's see if Ashwin has it in him do such a job on another batsman :dontknow:

Thanks for accepting Ashwin's contribution to the spirit of cricket.

He doesn't need to do it again and again, as you yourself are admitting he has proved his point. :hatsoff:

31 minutes ago, flamy said:

Thanks for accepting Ashwin's contribution to the spirit of cricket.

He doesn't need to do it again and again, as you yourself are admitting he has proved his point. :hatsoff:

Therefore even his supporters know he did something wrong  :aha:

5 hours ago, flamy said:

You are right, I supposed he needs more classes.

Not just him. Entire England team has clearly learnt the  lessons hahhaha. Ashwin you beaut. He did the same to Ajmal and fellow chuckers. Those who are with perennial colonial mentality can continue to be their slaves.

Joe Root tells England team-mates to look out for more Mankads at World Cup after Jos Buttler's controversial run-out by Ravichandran Ashwin

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-6866081/Joe-Root-tells-England-team-mates-look-Mankads-World-Cup.html

59 minutes ago, philcric said:

From Simon Taufel ...

Ashwin's Buttler run-out had nothing to do with spirit of cricket

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26614238/why-r-ashwin-was-right-ms-dhoni-wrong

This coming from the greatest umpire of present era. Ashwin was right, those who supported him were right....Pak!s, Poms, resident gora asslickers wrong. Ashwin lives rent free inside so many heads it's funny. Even aside his cricket achievements his contribution to cricket will stand the test of time. * y'all haters...bow down before your daddy. 

Image result for ashwin award

14 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I don't see any problem even with this. Why should England have withdrawn this appeal? It's batsman's job to run safely and Sidebottom didn't do it intentionally.

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I don't see any problem even with this. Why should England have withdrawn this appeal? It's batsman's job to run safely and Sidebottom didn't do it intentionally.

Exactly, same with Ashwin's mankaded. Then why isn't Collingwood zipping his mouth?

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

Sad day for the crybabies, even Taufel has joined in the spanking.

spank tom and jerry GIF

These are basic things we practice even at school level. Leaving the crease before ball is completely released is prohibited. You cannot assume he would release and leave. Ball has to literally leave

hid hand. Till then batsman has to be inside the crease. 

12 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

These are basic things we practice even at school level. Leaving the crease before ball is completely released is prohibited. You cannot assume he would release and leave. Ball has to literally leave

hid hand. Till then batsman has to be inside the crease. 

I agree.

But international players have developed bad habits. Not to worry headmaster Ash gonna set them right. Butler may forget about his sex/party life when he is 80, but will never forget that zor ka tamacha by his daddy that night in Jaipur. 

First the chuckers, then the single stealers, Ashwin is the new God of Justice in the cricket world...the Punisher. 

2zl97t.gif

@Gollum Here's his article on Cricinfo :phehe:

Why Ashwin was right and Dhoni wrong

I was in India and spoke to Ashwin soon after the incident. I reaffirmed to him that it was unfair and not appropriate for various people to pull him up for breaching the spirit of cricket. I made contact with him to make sure he was fine and not affected by the comments, and to support him on a human level. I told him he was within his rights to appeal and to attempt to run out the non-striker.

On 4/27/2019 at 7:37 AM, rkt.india said:

The same way smart people don't see an issue with Mankading.

It's the batsman's job to stay in the crease till the ball has been delivered

1 minute ago, Sachinism said:

The same way smart people don't see an issue with Mankading.

It's the batsman's job to stay in the crease till the ball has been delivered

I didn't say I have problem with mankading.