Cricket is classist, with the bowlers being second class

flamy

I don't fully agree that what Ashwin did qualifies as a traditional mankad dismissal as it was different than usual mankading, however one also has to realize that these things happen during the heat of the moment and like Ashwin put"instinctive". You don't plan these.

Yes, agree with what you wrote flamy. Bowlers are treated like third rate citizens of the game. Unless you are the best bowler or popular bowler like Bumrah, Starc, Steyn, whatever you will do, you will get scrutinized, treated like shyt and world won't have too much respect for you when its not your day.

It's easy to point out "O thats not sporting" but where does the gamesmanship and sportsmanship go when batsman doesn't walk even though he is out, when he realizes opposition can't take reviews anymore. 

All these ex-cricketers talking about gamesmanship need to look at from batsman's point of view as well. Anything bowler does different and its against spirit of the game. Batsmen are basically all from heaven. 

26 minutes ago, zen said:

A batsman only has one life. Once out, he is out of the game 

Good point, but consider a scenario of last ball two runs needed, batter is free to do a switch-hit to * the fielding captain and the bowler, but the bowler is supposed to inform the Lord batter over the wicket or around the wicket, left-arm or right-arm?

11 minutes ago, flamy said:

Good point, but consider a scenario of last ball two runs needed, batter is free to do a switch-hit to * the fielding captain and the bowler, but the bowler is supposed to inform the Lord batter over the wicket or around the wicket, left-arm or right-arm?

Agree. However, LOIs are mostly regarded as batsman's game. And don't forget that switch-hitting requires skills .... as for wicket or around the wkt, do not forget that non-striker needs to take his position too  .... But if there are rules that can help bowlers, by all means, implement those  

On a side note, even as kids, in gully cricket, we used or innovated many of the tricks being discussed such as constantly rolling the arms so batsman finds it difficult to see when the ball released. Even run backward as we saw in some video, etc. It is funny what you can do when bowling .... while when batting, you only have one chance. A slight lapse of concentration and the game is over :lol:

As for the Buttler incidence, a similar thing happened to me in a school game as well. I was taking my team home by smashing the trundlers. Then the spinner, whom I had issues reading came on to bowl. I knew I had to get him out of the attack so I stepped out by missed and got stumped. After the game, the WK joked did you like my lightning stumping to which I said I only heard the stumps crashing. To which he replied that he never collected the ball and broke the stumps so quickly that no one realized that it was not a stumping :whack:  .... this all happened a long long time ago but cricket memories somehow remain fresh 

5 hours ago, zen said:

Agree. However, LOIs are mostly regarded as batsman's game. And don't forget that switch-hitting requires skills .... as for wicket or around the wkt, do not forget that non-striker needs to take his position too  .... But if there are rules that can help bowlers, by all means, implement those  

On a side note, even as kids, in gully cricket, we used or innovated many of the tricks being discussed such as constantly rolling the arms so batsman finds it difficult to see when the ball released. Even run backward as we saw in some video, etc. It is funny what you can do when bowling .... while when batting, you only have one chance. A slight lapse of concentration and the game is over :lol:

As for the Buttler incidence, a similar thing happened to me in a school game as well. I was taking my team home by smashing the trundlers. Then the spinner, whom I had issues reading came on to bowl. I knew I had to get him out of the attack so I stepped out by missed and got stumped. After the game, the WK joked did you like my lightning stumping to which I said I only heard the stumps crashing. To which he replied that he never collected the ball and broke the stumps so quickly that no one realized that it was not a stumping :whack:  .... this all happened a long long time ago but cricket memories somehow remain fresh 

That's rough about what happened with that stumping. Total twat that fellow.

Switch-hitting absolutely requires skills, no doubt. I was just making the point about an ambidextrous bowler having to inform when he switches arms, that's just BS, because it is not even that big of an advantage as the batter can clearly see where the ball is coming from.

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Bowler are not even second class. They are treated as third class. Each time they come with something ingenious, Rules are tweaked. 

For exMple,  Larwood was condemned. What rules did he exAcyly break? Anyone?:no:

What was he condemned for?