Chocolates which aren't easily available in India

Cricketics

Hello All, I am planning to visit India and I am trying to take chocolates for family and friends and would like to know about the chocolates which are not available that easily in India. I know most you can find these days, but there must be some popular ones which are hard to find in India or are still considered great and aren't that easily affordable or you have to really look for it hard to find.

What kinds are those?

Are lindt all kinds available. Will the big lindt bars like these shown below in the image be considered good gift or its something you can easily find on roadside shop?

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 4.57.25 PM.png

Would love to hear some names. I would like to take something unique which isn't available easily in India or something which isn't sold everywhere.

Maltesers :eating:

And I find it difficult to get white chocolate, brands here mostly have dark chocolate.

I like these 2 because they don't give my sensitive teeth much trouble. 

But I am a middle class guy in a middle class locality. If you wanna talk about high end or sophisticated products you may have to ask @Mariyam, I am guessing she'll have the answer like always. 

Edited by Gollum

6 hours ago, zen said:

If you into gifting chocolates and such and are flying via Europe, you can get some nice chocolates (and pastries) at the airport!

In US,  we have many kinds and also the best ones which come from Europe. I just want to take something unique and not something which is easily available in India.

Are Ghiradeli, Dove and Choceur chocolates popular in India? Also @Mariyam @beetle

7 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Hello All, I am planning to visit India and I am trying to take chocolates for family and friends and would like to know about the chocolates which are not available that easily in India. I know most you can find these days, but there must be some popular ones which are hard to find in India or are still considered great and aren't that easily affordable or you have to really look for it hard to find.

What kinds are those?

Are lindt all kinds available. Will the big lindt bars like these shown below in the image be considered good gift or its something you can easily find on roadside shop?

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 4.57.25 PM.png

Would love to hear some names. I would like to take something unique which isn't available easily in India or something which isn't sold everywhere.

These are easily available...if you have to get,get some  with salt and chillies.They taste different.

It also depends on whether you are buying them for adults or children.

33 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Cricketics

Ghiradeli and Dove are available at select stores.

Royce, too, has 2 outlets in Mumbai. Provenance too has set shop here.

Belgian choc brands: Guylian and Godiva are rare to find.

Yeah, from what I figured, pretty much every rare chocolate can be found in India in select stores. Hence I was trying to make a pack of my own buying different ones and then adding that in one pack to make it like a gift pack of adsorted chocolates,

Thanks

11 minutes ago, beetle said:

These are easily available...if you have to get,get some  with salt and chillies.They taste different.

Haa, Idea was to to make a pack of my own by mixing and making a pack of the least available chocolates in India because now days everything is available in India even though not every where. 

So knowing rare ones would help, I guess rare ones would be the ones perhaps which are little costlu and hence not all shop keepers will keep.

14 minutes ago, beetle said:

Salt and chillies flavor flavor of Lindt you mean?

31 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Cricketics

Ghiradeli and Dove are available at select stores.

Royce, too, has 2 outlets in Mumbai. Provenance too has set shop here.

Belgian choc brands: Guylian and Godiva are rare to find.

Actually Godiva is a good idea. Their bars look presentable too. The reason I like bars like the ones shown with Lindt packing above is because they look presentable as gifts. The Godiva bars have nice packaging too like Lindt. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Actually Godiva is a good idea. Their bars look presentable too. The reason I like bars like the ones shown with Lindt packing above is because they look presentable as gifts. The Godiva bars have nice packaging too like Lindt. 

Lindt is available almost everywhere. Most kiranawalas also have Lindt. 

Godiva - for milk chocs and Royce- for dark chocs are a league above.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Salt and chillies flavor flavor of Lindt you mean?

I like those..

So recommended.

It is different.

Kis ke liye hai...

If you are taking for people whose taste you don't know,the boxes with assortment of different chocolates is safe.....specially for people who are watching their weight or are older .

For kids....don't buy over 50 % cocoa.

2 minutes ago, beetle said:

I like those..

So recommended.

It is different.

Kis ke liye hai...

If you are taking for people whose taste you don't know,the boxes with assortment of different chocolates is safe.....specially for people who are watching their weight or are older .

For kids....don't buy over 50 % cocoa.

For the part in bold, is there any medical reason behind this?