Chocolates which aren't easily available in India

Cricketics

19 minutes ago, beetle said:

I like those..

So recommended.

It is different.

Kis ke liye hai...

If you are taking for people whose taste you don't know,the boxes with assortment of different chocolates is safe.....specially for people who are watching their weight or are older .

For kids....don't buy over 50 % cocoa.

Okay sahi , thanks for the ideas. Actually I was planning to give it to families which have kids as well as adults, not to particualr folks. Barring few friends, most will go to families with people of mixed age.

But I will remember that suggestion for kids. 

23 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Lindt is available almost everywhere. Most kiranawalas also have Lindt. 

Godiva - for milk chocs and Royce- for dark chocs are a league above.

Okay, Lindt does seem to be very common, will definitely look for others instead like Royce and Godiva is easily available here so will definitely get that.

Thinking of buying some other popular ones which I know definitely are not in India. One of them is Brookside. I sent it last time for cousins and they loved it and bought some more on their trip back here recently. 

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Cricketics

What is still rare to find in India are the Irish alcoholic chocolates. For the life of me, I can't recollect the name. 

Maybe you should get those for the not so sanskari ones in the tics household.

Wish I could add two diff kind of smileyes here.

Okay, i get the whole deal. Anything which is American, or European barring lindt and common ones like Hershey,  should work in India. Luckilu you can find many european ones easily here.

Will get to world store here. Also, ALD store here has some nice European selection, that should help. 

37 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

The two i always have hard time finding in India are Ferrero Rochers and Toblerone ( the humongous ones).

Both are easily available ....but I haven't seen the giant ones (toblerone)yet.

The small pencil sized ones are available.

Those are good for kids.

Ferrero Rochers is like diwali ki mithai now.:p:Safest bet to take as gifts.

Edited by beetle

13 minutes ago, beetle said:

Both are easily available ....but I haven't seen the giant ones (toblerone)yet.

The small pencil sized ones are available.

Those are good for kids.

Ferrero Rochers is like diwali ki mithai now.:p:Safest bet to take as gifts.

nobody cares for the pencil sized ones...i am talking about the big ones...where each triangle is like 2-3 inches tall. People love those ones. 

I am a bong, i don't go to India to eat chocolate...so i guess i am outta touch. 

Edited by Muloghonto

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

nobody cares for the pencil sized ones...i am talking about the big ones...where each triangle is like 2-3 inches tall. People love those ones. 

I am a bong, i don't go to India to eat chocolate...so i guess i am outta touch. 

You need muscles to break those triangles and really strong teeth.