sourab10forever

VIVO IPL 2019 - Match 7 - Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Mumbai Indians - M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru - 28 March 2019 | 08:00 pm

Match Support  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you supporting this match?

#PlayBold

:rcb:

Preview by Cricbuzz

What: RCB v MI, March 28, 20:00 IST, 1430 GMT 

Where: M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru 

What to expect: First up, a warm day and slightly cooler evening with no weather hindrance. The bowlers will have to bring their 'A' game with the track set to assist the batsmen. In the last T20I played at the venue, Glenn Maxwell cantered to a century against India in a game that saw the bowlers struggling because of the dew. Expect teams to chase keeping that in mind. 

Team news: 

RCB: Despite the disappointing performance against Chennai Super Kings, the home side will more or less stick with the same playing XI. 

Probable XI: Parthiv Patel (wk), Virat Kohli (c), Moeen Ali, AB de Villiers, Shimron Hetmyer, Shivam Dube, Colin de Grandhomme, Navdeep Saini, Yuzvendra Chahal, Umesh Yadav, Mohammad Siraj. 

MI: Lasith Malinga will join the squad on Thursday and is highly unlikely to play the contest. Barring any last minute issues with Bumrah, the side should go in with the same XI that took on DC. 

Probable XI: Rohit Sharma (c), Quinton de kock (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Yuvraj Singh, Kieran Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Ben Cutting, Mitchell McClenaghan, Rasikh Salam, Jasprit Bumrah. 

9 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

I'd like to see a day when one of the Paandi bros actually get dropped.

Especially Krunal Pandya. He is a darter like Axar Patel and seems malnourished to hit boundaries off of out and out pacers. Get a fast bouncer in his chin and he will edge it back to the keeper :lol:

Can't see the sight of Pappu Patel occupying the coveted opening slot. Fcuker got to open for all his IPL teams for 11 years not because he is good but because he's absolutely sh*t elsewhere.

Average of 22, SR of 117 in all IPL, opening the batting :wall:

Drop him, let Akshdeep Nath keep and bat in the low middle order.

No Virat opening either. Make him bat at #3.

Make ABD open and let him go batshit crazy in the power play or give him the responsibility of holding the middle order together at #4 or #5.

A DeVilliers

W Sundar

* V Kohli

S Hetmyer

M Ali

S Dube

+ A Nath

T Southee

U Yadav

N Saini

Y Chahal

(OR)

M Ali

W Sundar

* V Kohli

S Hetmyer

A DeVilliers

S Dube

+ A Nath

T Southee

U Yadav

N Saini

Y Chahal

5 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Mumbai have enough batting. Ideally Pollard shouldnt play but Ambanis love him

Pollard is a crowd favourite. He must play, at least in the Wankhede. And on his day ( which I admit, is very rare) he is the complete package. Fast scoring batsman, amazing fielder and a decent bowler.

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Pollard is a crowd favourite. He must play, at least in the Wankhede. And on his day ( which I admit, is very rare) he is the complete package. Fast scoring batsman, amazing fielder and a decent bowler.

i would disagree about the decent bowler part but yeah he must be a crowd favourite. However I feel Mumbai have to move past these emotional picks and this year they have encumbered themselves with THE YUVRAJ

3 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

i would disagree about the decent bowler part but yeah he must be a crowd favourite. However I feel Mumbai have to move past these emotional picks and this year they have encumbered themselves with THE YUVRAJ

I don't think these picks are emotional. The whole point is to bring in the crowds. Keep them engrossed on social media. Make as much $ as possible. Grow the franchise. Winning the IPL is an add on.

Yuvraj too brings a lot of eyeballs. He was the man of the tournament in the 2011 WC and the entire fight back from cancer saga. Difficult to not like him.

32 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Damn...it's a tough one...whom to support? :hmmm:

Was born in Bombay...but enjoyed the best years of my school/college life in Bangalore....:marchmellow:

Decision made....:rcb:

In times like these I'd ask myself 

" What would Jesus do"?. 

And then ignore it and do what I want.:p:

Edited by Stan AF

14 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I don't think these picks are emotional. The whole point is to bring in the crowds. Keep them engrossed on social media. Make as much $ as possible. Grow the franchise. Winning the IPL is an add on.

Yuvraj too brings a lot of eyeballs. He was the man of the tournament in the 2011 WC and the entire fight back from cancer saga. Difficult to not like him.

Wasting a potential star in Kishan for a washed up is not the way to grow the franchise. Ironically coming from a team that has given youngsters lots of chances in recent years

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Why?

MI is a strong and settled side. They know how to win games and be on a roll at some point in the tournament.

RCB is neither strong nor settled. Many new players, lot of players don't even know their roles yet. They would need a few wins upfront while figuring out their combinations and game plans. A few consecutive losses upfront and the team may disintegrate. Same with DC and KXIP. Teams like CSK, MI, SRH and KKR have much more solid base in place, much less likely to get rolled over.

9 minutes ago, philcric said:

MI is a strong and settled side. They know how to win games and be on a roll at some point in the tournament.

RCB is neither strong nor settled. Many new players, lot of players don't even know their roles yet. They would need a few wins upfront while figuring out their combinations and game plans. A few consecutive losses upfront and the team may disintegrate. Same with DC and KXIP. Teams like CSK, MI, SRH and KKR have much more solid base in place, much less likely to get rolled over.

Mumbis also have umpires in their payroll :money:

Edited by Real McCoy

15 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Mumbis also have umpires in their payroll :money:

At least our captain is not a liar.. :phehe:

https://m.hindustantimes.com/columns/dhoni-lied-to-mudgal-panel-meiyappan-was-in-regular-touch/story-CAbPBG5jnkkF4kpDgLD2JI.html

Edited by speedheat

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Sky

Qdk

Rohit (c)

UV

Pollard

Hardik

Krunal

Sarn

Bumrah

Mcgln

Mayank.

:mi:

uv and mcglagan ( * his name ) will play until bambis will be out of the tournament mathematically :lol: 

32 minutes ago, velu said:

uv and mcglagan ( * his name ) will play until bambis will be out of the tournament mathematically :lol: 

Unfortunately we are struck with that fatso UV :wall:

Mcgln evn with that trundling pace some how gets us wickets. Fine with him. :tea:

4 hours ago, philcric said:

Can't see the sight of Pappu Patel occupying the coveted opening slot. Fcuker got to open for all his IPL teams for 11 years not because he is good but because he's absolutely sh*t elsewhere.

No Virat opening either. Make him bat at #3.

Make ABD open and let him go batshit crazy in the power play or give him the responsibility of holding the middle order together at #4 or #5.

A DeVilliers

W Sundar

* V Kohli

S Hetmyer

M Ali

S Dube

+ A Nath

T Southee

U Yadav

N Saini

Y Chahal

(OR)

M Ali

W Sundar

* V Kohli

S Hetmyer

A DeVilliers

S Dube

+ A Nath

T Southee

U Yadav

N Saini

Y Chahal

Should have signed Nikhil Naik, wk/bat. Pappu is useless. Even Nath not good enough for T20s.

6 hours ago, philcric said:

Hetmeyer can keep. :agree:

37 minutes ago, velu said:

the guy who use to be hyped by you sometime back :hehe: 

Good bowler if he could improve his accuracy. 6'3-4, gets good bounce as well. His problem has been accuracy.