Crorepathi watch

vvvslaxman

13 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Seriously Joe Root is that bad not to be picked by any team? What happened to Adam Hales? Also Mark wood has become much quicker now. Looks like CSK let him go.

And they bought Mohit for 5cr instead.

Now Ngidi is injured and Willey has pulled out of IPL, so no overseas fast bowlers

15 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Seriously Joe Root is that bad not to be picked by any team? What happened to Adam Hales? Also Mark wood has become much quicker now. Looks like CSK let him go.

That's news to me. Seriously what are the team owners, scouts and coaches/mentors/captains smoking? 

The names you have put in OP are shocking, and this is after 11 seasons, so auction mistakes should have been eliminated by now. 

I am not sure about who all went under the hammer but surely more Bangladeshis and Lankans had to be picked, especially if they came with low base prices. I can imagine Mushfiqur, Mahmudullah, Sabbir, Mendis, Dickwella, Dananjaya etc having more impact than some of the goras especially in these conditions. Plus if they could be bought at 50L/1 cr you could easily build a strong bench of overseas players.

Most importantly it opens a big market for the teams, merchandise, sponsors, brands, viewership etc. For instance Bangladesh will always be more invested in an Indian product like IPL compared to SENAW countries. With a sizable population (170 million + 20 million in India) and booming middle class, the one sport country would have been a great catch for a team like Kolkata, a city which also carries an emotional attachment for the neighbors. Wonder if these Aussie/NZ/RSA coaches are being nepotistic here. Also the people who run the league need to be more smart. 

Edited by Gollum

25 minutes ago, Gollum said:

That's news to me. Seriously what are the team owners, scouts and coaches/mentors/captains smoking? 

The names you have put in OP are shocking, and this is after 11 seasons, so auction mistakes should have been eliminated by now. 

Eliminated? If anything they have become more stupid now. 

21 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Mark wood have been a box office pick. He was clocking consistently 145k plus in West Indies.

They can still buy Wood as somebody's replacement, right? His base price was low.. Is he available during the IPL?

Morne Morkel is another option... He is 34, so goes well with CSK's profile :laugh:

1 minute ago, bowl_out said:

They can still buy Wood as somebody's replacement, right? His base price was low.. Is he available during the IPL?

Morne Morkel is another option... He is 34, so goes well with CSK's profile :laugh:

If they can pick Mark wood they should. Otherwise on flat wickets this pop gun attack will be obliterated.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Eliminated? If anything they have become more stupid now. 

That's what I was saying. 

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't think it exists anymore. We will see when MI visits there.

LOL, is MI the only team with a Lankan player (Malinga)? Seriously how did the teams overlook so many other exciting talents from the island :facepalm: