World Idli Day

Gollum

3 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Meh, prefer dosa!

Just now, Stan AF said:

I like idly but my favorite is dosai. :two_thumbs_up::p:

Me too prefer Dosa, especially Ghee/Paper Masala Roast from A2B. But unfortunately no 'World Dosa Day' :dontknow:

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Hope that just for one day :mi: and :csk: fans shed aside their childish rivalry and be brothers in arms. 

Bambis look even Mota Bhai's favorite food item is idli, high time the 2 vicious fanbases bond over a plate of idli sambhar.

lol we will be brothers in arms after IPL season gets over and the WC starts. Until then, no respite :whack:. Been a long time fan of Hitman and recently Bumrah and Pandya. But once they wear the bambi outfit which is nauseating with all kinds of ads on it, they are fair game. That clip looks like a PR for mota bhai j/k :winky:. The clip is showing that he's an aam aadmi pardon the pun :lol:

36 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Me too prefer Dosa, especially Ghee/Paper Masala Roast from A2B. But unfortunately no 'World Dosa Day' :dontknow:

You should try the more healthier ones. Poondu(garlic) dosa, Puthina(coriander??) dosa and carrot ones.

In bengaluru (adigas???) they had a beetroot/carrot dosa which is too good.

1 minute ago, Stan AF said:

You should try the more healthier ones. Poondu(garlic) dosa, Puthina(coriander??) dosa and carrot ones.

In bengaluru (adigas???) they had a beetroot/carrot dosa which is too good.

I don't have Dosas frequently, so unhealthy ones will do. Besides I generally go to A2B, Krishna, CTR etc which are nearby, so those other options aren't available. 

7 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

I still for the life of me can't understand how can people manage to eat chhole bhature for breakfast and still have a ready functioning stomach for the lunch.

I see Punjabis in the morning munching on them all the time here in Dilli and the mere sight generates a feeling of revulsion.

Man I miss Chole Bhature, so difficult to get hold of this dish in South India, even when available it is ridiculously expensive. But yeah too heavy for BF. South Indian breakfast options are by far the best among Indian cuisine, even their evening tiffin/snack options are versatile and high quality . Rajasthani thali, Punjabi food etc are best for lunch/dinner and of course Bengali sweets. 

Edited by Gollum

7 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Vada >> Dosai >> Idli.

And converse holds true if someone is sick or watching his/her diet. 

7 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

And as someone said, desi Sambhar.

Heavenly :eating:, I can gulp down Sambhar without main dish when it is well made. Highest version of dal in Indian cuisine !!!!

Yup that's me @Laaloo, an unapologetic 'Sambhar Slurper'. 

12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

And converse holds true if someone is sick or watching his/her diet. 

Heavenly :eating:, I can gulp down Sambhar without main dish when it is well made. Highest version of dal in Indian cuisine !!!!

Yup that's me @Laaloo, an unapologetic 'Sambhar Slurper'. 

I dunno who said it, but i am 100% in the camp of ' all daal is just failed sambhar' . (though Rajma is exempted but then again, Rajma is not really daal and a very good dal tarka is a distant clear-cut second to sambhaar, tied for 2nd with Bong style cholaar-daal). 

But the desi Sambhar is where its at, because it also has veggies in it. Most Sambhar i tried in North America- a few of them can replicate the Sambhar taste very well but only have a couple of pieces of carrots in them, thats it. 

I still for the life of me can't understand how can people manage to eat chhole bhature for breakfast and still have a ready functioning stomach for the lunch.
I see Punjabis in the morning munching on them all the time here in Dilli and the mere sight generates a feeling of revulsion.
Same with puri/Kheema. In my home, especially during summer, we have it with Aamras too. It gets heavy but it's heavenly.

Of course I love my idli, dosa too. Hyderabad homes have the best of both worlds.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk