Why no praise for DK's captaincy for taking the match into super over ?

SK_IH

@SK_IH because he's not flashy...there is always someone who'll take away the limelight :giggle: The team was dropping sitters but he remained composed throughout as a captain.

An out and out team man..giving responsibility to youngsters like Prasidh. I just hope he promotes Gill up the order, otherwise has been an excellent leader for KKR.

Because he hasn't won anything yet :)
Though he has been very good. Even last year he was good. I liked the fact yesterday that he bowled kuldeep at Ingram knowing he will struggle :) even though delhi countered it with sending an Indian but kuldeep prevailed. Gutsy captaincy. The only mistake was playing Nikhil Naik when it should have been carlos with Nitish opening. Also should send Gill at 3.

Sent from my SM-G611F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Because he hasn't won anything yet :)
Though he has been very good. Even last year he was good. I liked the fact yesterday that he bowled kuldeep at Ingram knowing he will struggle :) even though delhi countered it with sending an Indian but kuldeep prevailed. Gutsy captaincy. The only mistake was playing Nikhil Naik when it should have been carlos with Nitish opening. Also should send Gill at 3.

Sent from my SM-G611F using Tapatalk

But I was surprised not even one commentator mentioned him for craftly using Kuldeep in last two overs and then making him bowl around the wkt. Bias from experts :whack:

Yes though his position till now is always been questioned in all form of cricket but he never let that feeling cascaded to any youngster. He always made them feel inclusive and secure and even when players commit mistakes at tough situations,  he always respond with smile and say not to worry. A mark of true leader. Also always promote youngsters and other batsmen ahead of him and respect the oldies in the team ex: Uthappa is so out of touch but as he is a senior member and part of KKR even earlier than dk , so always promoted him ahead of himself and allow him to bat at his fav position  in top 3. This is the sole reason entire team us giving their 100%. When kully got belted earlier he got him out of attack and again brought him back at the end which turned out to be a marvelous  decision and kully also felt captain  still has trust in him and he return the favor with a good performance.  So all in all a player who has always been at the receiving end of media, fan and ex captain and coaches turn out to be the best leader of this tournament, kkr may lost  match yday but DK earn my respect with his expectular batting and captaincy. Hats off to him.:hatsoff:

Edited by raki05

35 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

He should be. But he can't catch the limelight when its focused on Dhoni, Kohli, Rohit, and recently Ashwin (for the wrong reasons :giggle:)

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

The narrative isn't interesting enough. He's neither a youngsta beauty who can be a future India captain nor is he a established fat cat who could do with a bit of boosting.

DK should be our T20 captain heading to 2020 WT20, no Kohli please. Also he finds a spot on merit in that format, not sure even present version of Sumo Rohit could say that especially with the emergence of Shaw. 

Are you guys serious. I am one of the hardcore supporters of Kkr but Kd is making me switch my alliance to Delhi. 

The guys plays with 3 overseas players!!! So paying 7 crores to Carlos Braithwate was a waste of money!!!

he plays his best buddy Robin Uthappa match over match in top4 when time after Uthappa has flopped and killed alll the momentum made by opening stand

he played Nikhil Naik over Rinku’s singh. Rinku Singh was the highest scores in Indian domestic season in all three format and was the only Guy inn doemstics to play with high strike rate. Yet the bigger selected Nikhil Naik over him 

plays Shubham Gill at Number 6. He should be taking Uthappas spot

As per Dk, Uthappa is top 3 slogger of Kkr!! Seriously wtf was Uthappa doing playing in super over

PATHETIC PATHETIC CAPTAIN. Credit to Kuldeep though.  

8 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

Are you guys serious. I am one of the hardcore supporters of Kkr but Kd is making me switch my alliance to Delhi. 

The guys plays with 3 overseas players!!! So paying 7 crores to Carlos Braithwate was a waste of money!!!

he plays his best buddy Robin Uthappa match over match in top4 when time after Uthappa has flopped and killed alll the momentum made by opening stand

he played Nikhil Naik over Rinku’s singh. Rinku Singh was the highest scores in Indian domestic season in all three format and was the only Guy inn doemstics to play with high strike rate. Yet the bigger selected Nikhil Naik over him 

plays Shubham Gill at Number 6. He should be taking Uthappas spot

As per Dk, Uthappa is top 3 slogger of Kkr!! Seriously wtf was Uthappa doing playing in super over

PATHETIC PATHETIC CAPTAIN. Credit to Kuldeep though.  

Naik did well in the Mushtaq Ali trophy, clearly he isn't IPL level looks like....however why they played 3 overseas players is beyond me...even if not Narine they should have played Brathwaite.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

DK should be our T20 captain heading to 2020 WT20, no Kohli please. Also he finds a spot on merit in that format, not sure even present version of Sumo Rohit could say that especially with the emergence of Shaw. 

Sumo Rohit. :rotfl:

Though I agree with Kohli not as captain. Looks absolutely clueless at times in white ball. 

8 hours ago, SK_IH said:

He is one of an enigma type player. He has had many ups and downs. He got selected early for National duty and kept loosing form only to come back strong and then loose form again.  Credit to him for coming back again and again. He pretty much did the same with his domestic career, i wont be surprised if he looses form in IPL and then plays as a lower order bat for some other franchise and finds good success. Its his way.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Reason is he has a lot of experience at state level. He took his state singlehandedly to vijaya hazare tournament win two years back scoring close to 900  runs in a single season.

Vijay Shankar was captain as far as I know. :) I know being a senior he was definitely involved but just wanted to correct this.