James Anderson shreds Ashwin's picture as a reaction to the 'Mankading' of Buttler

The larger point is that it is easy to Mankad, but most cricketers chose not to do it. Other teams could do that to K11 batsmen too, who are found to be out of their crease - Mayank for e.g. where Krunal warned him. Other examples being  DK vs DC, and so on 

Ashwin took the easy route to do that to a batsman, who was actually inside the crease on that occasion at the time Ashwin was expected to bowl the delivery. It was not even a Mankad as MCC implied the umpire could have interpreted it differently to give a not out. It is dumb to do it when your batsmen do it all the time and others let that go, on top of that when the batsman is “actually” in 

To me, India in general is poor in sports and lacks innovative thinking. Instances such as “Ashwining” pop up and even finds some support here is not surprising. I would not be surprised if most Mankading has been attempted by India / subcon teams (all usually poor in sports) 

As for the poms, they are being poms. However, the video mentions that Ashwin’s behaviour is being shredded 

Edited by zen
14 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

The reactions here are pathtic lol  It was just a light hearted joke and you guys acting like serious hate going on!

Honestly no wonder the modern sportsman are becoiming borer and borer.  Reactions liek this

I repeat was a light hearted a joke, made me chuckle for 3 seconds so it worked!

I will never understand why an immature behavior from an elite cricketer funny lol  Do you guys see anyone doing the same to the picture of Warner/Smith.

2 hours ago, zen said:

To me, India in general is poor in sports and lacks innovative thinking. Instances such as “Ashwining” pop up and even finds some support here is not surprising. I would not be surprised if most Mankading has been attempted by India / subcon teams (all usually poor in sports) 

Yeah that's why sporting powerhouses like Aus, Eng behave like saints on the field and so do their fans. When they were running ICC things were so fair, right?

Do enlighten us which teams have attempted maximum bumped catch claims, abusive sledging, ball tampering, influencing/intimidating umpires/ref, physical assaults, dubious appealing, obstructing the field, handling the ball etc. 

Just now, Gollum said:

Yeah that's why sporting powerhouses like Aus, Eng behave like saints on the field and so do their fans. When they were running ICC things were so fair, right?

Do enlighten us which teams have attempted maximum bumped catch claims, abusive sledging, ball tampering, influencing/intimidating umpires/ref, physical assaults, dubious appealing, obstructing the field, handling the ball etc. 

No one in his right frame of mind would do a Mankad esp. when batsmen from your own team do it regularly. See the scope and scale of what is being implied :winky:

Let's not display whataboutisms,  and black and white thinking - no one implied that others are saints (and should not be criticized if they do something wrong). It appears as if the tendency to ignore red lights when no one is looking, litter everywhere, etc., and then justifying such using pointless arguments, unfortunately, gets carried over in sports too, which countries like Ind are not good at relatively (either playing or understanding it) :((  

11 minutes ago, zen said:

Let's not display whataboutisms,  and black and white thinking - no one implied that others are saints (and should not be criticized if they do something wrong). It appears as if the tendency to ignore red lights when no one is looking, litter everywhere, etc., and then justifying such using pointless arguments, unfortunately, gets carried over in sports too, which countries like Ind are not good at relatively (either playing or understanding it) :((  

Then why make a point that max Mankading has been attempted by SC teams (poor in sports)?

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Then why make a point that max Mankading has been attempted by SC teams (poor in sports)?

In general, dumb strategies like "Mankading/Ashwining" is attempted by cricketers/teams displaying poor thinking in sports .... which is why I would not be surprised if players from subcon teams attempted it the most 

Meanwhile the umpire Oxenford who ruled Butler out doesn't get any criticism. He had the ICC rule book, he had the replay, he could have solved the problem as per the wishes of the haters but he didn't. This is 'white privilege' in this sport. Just like how Bucknor got the boot while Benson didn't get any criticism/punishment post 2008 SCG, just like how Sarwan was fined/reprimanded despite McGrath starting the fight....racism, classism, casteism all deeply embedded in this colonial invention. 

Edited by Gollum
6 minutes ago, zen said:

In general, dumb strategies like "Mankading/Ashwining" is attempted by cricketers/teams displaying poor thinking in sports .... which is why I would not be surprised if players from subcon teams attempted it the most 

Do you want me to go through the list of transgressions by Aus/Eng in cricket? They have more refined thinking of sports, better sports culture, why do they employ questionable tactics?

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Do you want me to go through the list of transgressions by Aus/Eng in cricket? They have more refined thinking of sports, better sports culture, why do they employ questionable tactics?

Feel free to do so if it makes you happy and have time on your hands - black sheeps are everywhere (which is not the key point). If you do that don't forget to also list similar instances from Ind/sub-continent teams too including umpiring during Kumble's 10-for, at Kol, in the A'bad test vs SA in 1996, match-fixing, ball tempering, chucking, etc.,   .... Mankading/Ashwining is self-destructive tactic esp. when batsmen from all teams do that to some degree. And only cricketers/teams with poor thinking would seek to leverage on it