What do you think the batting order would be ?

Ram

hi.. What do you think the batting order is going to be in the world cup ?? i for one wasnt able to understand why uthappa wasnt opening and coming at no.3 in the last match. He is most effective if the field is in. So if uthappa opens along with ganguly , where does sehwag play ?? no.3 ??? So will the order be like this ?? Ganguly uthappa sehwag sachin yuvraj Dravid Dhoni your views and comments please.....

Re: What do you think the batting order would be ?

hi.. What do you think the batting order is going to be in the world cup ?? i for one wasnt able to understand why uthappa wasnt opening and coming at no.3 in the last match. He is most effective if the field is in. So if uthappa opens along with ganguly , where does sehwag play ?? no.3 ??? So will the order be like this ?? Ganguly uthappa sehwag sachin yuvraj Dravid Dhoni your views and comments please.....
Uthappa is a back up opener. His position in XI is not certain.

Re: What do you think the batting order would be ? I would open with Utthapa, no matter or what...and let me know explain my reason.. 1) He is young and raw..and will not care about reputation of opposition bowler.. 2) He is aggressive. 3) He is very new and teams will take time to sort him out.. 4) With players like SRT, Ganguly, Dravid, Yuvi, Sehwag and Dhoni..most team will ignore him, so I will let him lose. 5) His only goal is to provide us quick starts..remember windies pitches it not easy to hit old ball

Re: What do you think the batting order would be ? The team won't play Uthappa; this will most likely be their regular XI; 1. Sehwag 2. Ganguly 3. Tendulkar 4. Yuvraj 5. Dravid 6. Dhoni 7. Karthik 8. Harbhajan 9. Agarkar 10. Zaheer 11. Munaf If Sehwag shows no semblance of form in the opening matches or the warm-ups; only then will that flat-footed kid replace him. This is the XI i'd like to see; 1. Ganguly 2. Tendulkar 3. Yuvraj 4. Dravid 5. Sehwag 6. Dhoni 7. Pathan 8. Harbhajan 9. Agarkar 10. Zaheer 11. Munaf

The team won't play Uthappa; this will most likely be their regular XI; 1. Sehwag 2. Ganguly 3. Tendulkar 4. Yuvraj 5. Dravid 6. Dhoni 7. Karthik 8. Harbhajan 9. Agarkar 10. Zaheer 11. Munaf If Sehwag shows no semblance of form in the opening matches or the warm-ups; only then will that flat-footed kid replace him. This is the XI i'd like to see; 1. Ganguly 2. Tendulkar 3. Yuvraj 4. Dravid 5. Sehwag 6. Dhoni 7. Pathan 8. Harbhajan 9. Agarkar 10. Zaheer 11. Munaf
Err think you are wrong their. Uthappa is a cert at the moment

Re: What do you think the batting order would be ? > Are you saying he will be a lock if Sehwag scores runs in the warm-ups and maybe even in the opener vs the Banglastanis ? I doubt it. It's a big IF though. I would still open with Utthapa and give him license to kill...He is in great form...he might be flat footed or whatever..but to pull 145kph ball and that too on front foot is no joke...and than hooking 148 kph ball for a six...The Boy has lot of time to play his strokes...yes he has plenty of weaknesses...but at the moment he is in red hot form and very new...Not many team will be worried about him..

Are you saying he will be a lock if Sehwag scores runs in the warm-ups and maybe even in the opener vs the Banglastanis ? I doubt it. It's a big IF though.
Yes cos Karthick will be dropped and they will both play. sehwag is a cert as well cos he is our 5th bowler with sachin and gangs

Are you saying he will be a lock if Sehwag scores runs in the warm-ups and maybe even in the opener vs the Banglastanis ? I doubt it. It's a big IF though.
Yes cos Karthick will be dropped and they will both play. sehwag is a cert as well cos he is our 5th bowler with sachin and gangs
If that is so who'll bat at#7? That position requires special skills.

Re: What do you think the batting order would be ? Its pretty evident that its between sehwag and uthappa right now. While uthappa's belligerance and element of surprise he holds for other teams go for him , sehwag's proven record and experience will help him The team management has a really tough decision on their hands, whether to go experience and proven track record or for youth and agression... And its not just about the runs uthappa scores.. its the way he scores. Front foot pulls/square drives at balls bowled at 90 mph !!!! it will be travesty if the team does not utilize this amazing talent. the ball is in entirely sehwag's hands now... He HAS to deliver in the early matches....

Re: What do you think the batting order would be ? if Uthappa is flat-footed, then Motu is lead-legged.... atleast Uthappa hooks... Veeru is in the team jus for pakistan.... an average of 30 after a zillion game and tht too while opening.... enuf chances given to viru....