JOKER(OCT-2019 ) trailer - Joaquin Phoenix, Robert De Niro

Texy

2 hours ago, Tibarn said:

The trailer looks nice. This guy looks like a better Joker than that guy in Suicide Squad.

I want to see a live action adaptation of these Batman stories:

The Killing Joke

Heart of Ice

The Mask of the Phantasm 

Tbf to Jared Leto , his screen presence in the film didn't do him Justice. He was hardly present there.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Too dark. H wants to improvize.. make a Joker cross with Taxi Driver. 

I like that approach from the studio actually. If DC wants to improvise and make them stand out in this era of Superhero marathon (esp with Marvel consistently beating them for the top spot) , they need to try something different rather than trying to come up with same generic superhero **** as we witnessed earlier in the form of garbage that Dawn of Justice and Justice league were. That formula has already been mastered by Marvel.

DC needs to introduce more and more such flicks with stress upon character study and psychological games. They need not be your typical comic book superhero stuff but by venturing into this zone ,DC can tap into a potential big market as Chris Nolan showed us earlier with his TDK trilogy which was a superhero series only in the name.

9 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Tbf to Jared Leto , his screen presence in the film didn't do him Justice. He was hardly present there.

He wasn't really there in the extended DVD cut. The Joker was a side character in the plot overall, as they wanted to focus on Deadshot and Harley Quinn, but even when he was on screen, particularly during the Joker-Harley Quinn flashbacks, he didn't come off as a very good Joker, IMO.

8 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

He wasn't really there in the extended DVD cut. The Joker was a side character in the plot overall, as they wanted to focus on Deadshot and Harley Quinn, but even when he was on screen, particularly during the Joker-Harley Quinn flashbacks, he didn't come off as a very good Joker, IMO.

I had really high hopes from him ever since I had seen his performance in Requiem for a dream. IMO the director and the script writer botched it all up.

Jared Leto if given enough screen time and a nice background story could have been developed into a solid Joker.

18 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

I had really high hopes from him ever since I had seen his performance in Requiem for a dream. IMO the director and the script writer botched it all up.

Jared Leto if given enough screen time and a nice background story could have been developed into a solid Joker.

IMO, it's more of a source material issue than an issue of the director. That comic-series "Suicide Squad" isn't really focused on the Joker. That was when DC started to develop Harley Quinn more as an independent character from the Joker, so the source material only really has him in it in relation to her character development.  

The live-action SS movie is ~50% similar to the animated film Batman:Assault on Arkham, which is also involves the SS, and the Joker, but one can see his limited role in it as well. If you want to see it(make sure you have an adblocker):

https://www.thewatchcartoononline.tv/batman-assault-on-arkham-2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Assault_on_Arkham

Edited by Tibarn

On 4/4/2019 at 8:14 AM, Moochad said:

Very interesting looking trailer. Is Phoenix going to play Joker in future films as well, or is this a one-off?

probably depends on how successful it is they tried before w Jared leto didnt work as well they wanted in suicide squad 

Edited by Texy