Gollum

Hinduism has become the most violent religion of them all: Urmila Matondkar

Bollywood actor Urmila Matondkar, who is contesting the Lok Sabha polls on a Congress ticket from Mumbai North, has claimed that, under the leadership of Narendra Modi, Hinduism has become ‘the most violent’ religion.

“The religion which has been known for its tolerance has turned out to be the most violent of them all. This is the thing I hate the most about Narendra Modi government’s five years,” she said in an interview to a news channel.

She further said that there was a complete lack of freedom of expression in India and the country was moving towards a state of anarchy where people think violence was the only way to be. The 45-year-old star also accused the Modi government of perpetrating a climate of hatred and religious intolerance in the country.

At 2:05

LINK

Over 600 theatre artists from across the country on Thursday signed a statement calling on fellow citizens not to vote for the  BJP and its allies in the upcoming general elections.

The signatories include Naseeruddin Shah, Ratna Pathak Shah, and names like Anurag Kashyap, Konkona Sen Sharma, Lillete Dubey and Manav Kaul who are also known for their work in Bollywood.

The statement comes days after a letter signed by 103 filmmakers on the website artistuniteindia in which they called on people to not vote for the BJP.

In their statement, the theatre artists call on citizens to vote for love, compassion, equality and social justice and call for an end to the hatred that “has seeped into our daily fabric.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/vote-against-bjp-and-its-allies-vote-for-love-over-600-theatre-artists-release-statement_in_5ca6d2e7e4b0dca032ff1bfa

29 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Naseer Mian found his voice after so many months LOL.

31 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Over 600 theatre artists from across the country on Thursday signed a statement calling on fellow citizens not to vote for the  BJP and its allies in the upcoming general elections.

The signatories include Naseeruddin Shah, Ratna Pathak Shah, and names like Anurag Kashyap, Konkona Sen Sharma, Lillete Dubey and Manav Kaul who are also known for their work in Bollywood.

The statement comes days after a letter signed by 103 filmmakers on the website artistuniteindia in which they called on people to not vote for the BJP.

In their statement, the theatre artists call on citizens to vote for love, compassion, equality and social justice and call for an end to the hatred that “has seeped into our daily fabric.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/vote-against-bjp-and-its-allies-vote-for-love-over-600-theatre-artists-release-statement_in_5ca6d2e7e4b0dca032ff1bfa

They are well off financially so can afford high security, the common man has to dodge the threat of a terror attack which is why we don't want Congress or AAP again.

Besides Dawood bhai ka paisa bhi chahiye inhe.

27 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

Keep crying wolf, even the raytas won't be able to save you :phehe:

How about striking a deal? Anurag Kashyap and co. devise strategies to deal with Pakistan and China aggression, we in return will not elect BJP again. Let's see their response then.

13 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

love jihadwaali auntie.

A lot of minority girls have married well known hindus too. Inter faith marraiges are common within the popular people. Nowadays a lot of girls from middle class minorities too are marrying hindus by their own will and changing their names to hindus.

Kishore Kumar - Madhubala (Mumtaz Jehan Begum Dehlavi)
Sunil Shetty - Mana Shetty (Monisha Qadri)
Manoj Bajpai - Neha (Shabana Raza)
Hrithik Roshan - Sussane Khan
Atul Agnihotri - Alvira Khan
Rohit Rajpal - Laila Khan
Aditya Pancholi - Zarina Wahab
Raj Babbar - Nadira (Nadira Zaheer)
Pankaj Udhas - Fareeda
Kamaljeet - Waheeda Rehman
Arun Gawli - Asha Gawli
Sundar C - Khushbu Sundar (Nakhat Khan)
Maharaj Narsingir Dhanrajgir Gyan Bahadur - Zubeida
Nalini Patel (Nayyara Mirza)
Rajiv Rai - Sonam (Bakhtawar Khan)
Sunil Dutt - Nargis Dutt (Fatima Rashid)
Sanjay Dutt - Manyata Dutt (Dilnawaz Shaikh)
Sehar Zaman- Dhiraj Singh
Ajit Agarkar - Fatima Ghadially
Manoj Prabhakar - Farheen Prabhakar
Sachin Pilot - Sara Abdullah
Kunal Khemu - Soha Ali Khan
Pt. Ravi Shankar - Annapurna Devi
Ranjeet - Aloka Bedi (Nazneen)
Shirish Kunder - Farah Khan
Raj Kumar Puri - Shahnaz Hussain
Mohit Gujral - Feroze Gujral
Hansal Mehta - Safeena Hussain
Dr. Kagyur Thakur - Mandakini (Yasmeen)

21 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Kishore Kumar, Kamaljeet embraced Islam. Sure many of those men must have converted, never the other way around. 

Bollywood mein religion isn't religion, it's convenience, ask dharmendra. 

It's a $hithole of an industry earlier governed by mafia, now by nepotism.

Edited by Clarke

7 hours ago, Clarke said:

Bollywood mein religion isn't religion, it's convenience, ask dharmendra

It's a $hithole of an industry earlier governed by mafia, now by nepotism.

Coincidentally, Dharmendra represented Bikaner and his second wife Hema Malini is the incumbent from Mathura. Both were given their tickets by the BJP. Like you mentioned, it was a conversion of convenience. In my stay here on ICF I have never seen anyone raise any objection.

Urmila Matondkar decides to join the Congress and people are up in arms. Why the double standard?

18 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Urmila Matondkar decides to join the Congress and people are up in arms. Why the double standard?

Because of her recent statement (video in OP)?

Edited by Gollum

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Because of the statement in OP?

That statement is about what she perceives Hinduism has become under the last 5 years of Modi Sarkar, and not Hinduism per se. Whether of not there is any factual basis to it is another matter. But she is entitled to her opinion, however warped it maybe.

Dharmendra on the other hand, changed his religion to give legitimacy to his relationship with Hema Malini without any kind of explicit approval from his first wife (which is a legally mandatory). A statement vs a conversion of convenience, to remarry. Whatever one's political inclination maybe, making a stupid statement is less of a *sin* than remarrying using subterfuge. 

17 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

That statement is about what she perceives Hinduism has become under the last 5 years of Modi Sarkar, and not Hinduism per se. Whether of not there is any factual basis to it is another matter. But she is entitled to her opinion, however warped it maybe.

That was a stupid, mischievous opinion and she deserves condemnation. 

Dharmendra on the other hand, changed his religion to give legitimacy to his relationship with Hema Malini without any kind of explicit approval from his first wife (which is a legally mandatory). A statement vs a conversion of convenience, to remarry. Whatever one's political inclination maybe, making a stupid statement is less of a *sin* than remarrying using subterfuge. 

I have never really respected those 2. In fact I have raised the bolded bit in one of my past rants. Even in the sticky election thread, I bemoaned BJP's choice of her as Mathura LS candidate. She is as useless as they come, disgraceful politician as well with nothing to show for. Even worse than Rekha, Sachin, Vinod Khanna etc.  

Edited by Gollum

@Mariyam since you're the resident Bollywood expert, my question. Didn't Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan repeat the same stunt as Dharmendra/Hema, conversion of convenience? I think Mahesh Bhatt was an ardent follower of UG Krishnamurthi, rejection of religion yada yada and suddenly had nikah with a Kashmiri Pandit....

9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Wow! I thought you were kidding with @Mariyam . It turns out to be true.

She may or may not have converted, her life, her choice, her rules. She deserves condemnation for her stupid statement on national TV. Imagine the brouhaha if Kirron Kher, Jaya Prada or Smriti Irani has made a similar statement about another religion !!! Hindus are the convenient punching bag in this country. 

Edited by Gollum

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@Mariyam since you're the resident Bollywood expert, my question. Didn't Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan repeat the same stunt as Dharmendra/Hema, conversion of convenience? I think Mahesh Bhatt was an ardent follower of UG Krishnamurthi, rejection of religion yada yada and suddenly had nikah with a Kashmiri Pandit....

@UrmiSinhaRay may have an answer to this question. I do not know if Mahesh Bhatt is *married* to Soni Razdan.

Prakash Kaur had approached the court and later changed her mind. This was in the early 80s. A relative of mine was asked to represent Dharmendra in the court/ negotiate on his behalf. Hence I know about this. Dharmendra took a lot of flak in those days. His image went for a toss, and rightfully so. 

15 minutes ago, Gollum said:

She may or may not have converted, her life, her choice, her rules. She deserves condemnation for her stupid statement on national TV. Imagine the brouhaha if Kirron Kher, Jaya Prada or Smriti Irani has made a similar statement about another religion !!! Hindus are the convenient punching bag in this country. 

The problem is that all these Bollywood stars live in 10 crore plus flats in posh areas of Mumbai, they're all uber rich and are disconnected from the lives of  ordinary people. You pay them in crores and they're ready to say anything.

You shouldn't get worried about their opinions, they're immoral to the point that they sleep around to get roles.

Edited by MechEng

8 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

I've never heard any muslim in the world say such a statement about their own religion despite the constant terrorist attacks.

In Pakistan the moderate Muslims have been constantly blaming Taliban and ISIS for making Islam violent. 

They are only partially correct, as the Jihadists are getting their inspiration directly from Quran and Sunnah, but unfortunately normal Muslims don't know it and thus blame only Taliban/ISIS. 

As far as Hinduism is concerned, then I am not an expert of how much hate teachings are present in Hindu sacred texts, and if the Hindutva supporters getting their inspiration from the Hindu sacred texts, or if they are themselves responsible for their fanatic behaviour. Or it may be a reaction of the Muslim extremism. 

Any how, at moment the rest of the world is not considering Hinduism as a tolerant religion. This bad name to Hinduism has been recently brought by Hindutva supporters. 

Therefore, in my opinion it is absolutely True what Urmilla said about BJP. 

19 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@UrmiSinhaRay may have an answer to this question. I do not know if Mahesh Bhatt is *married* to Soni Razdan.

Yam I thought you were the expert of Bollywood. Urmi makes a lot of claims but most of them are gossip.

Anyhow I got the answer courtesy google. 

Flashback Friday:The Hushed Wedding of Mahesh Bhatt & Soni Razdan

His Muslim name is Asraf Bhatt while Soni Razdan is Sakina.....

Edited by Gollum

2 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

In Pakistan the moderate Muslims have been constantly blaming Taliban and ISIS for making Islam violent. 

They are only partially correct, as the Jihadists are getting their inspiration directly from Quran and Sunnah, but unfortunately normal Muslims don't know it and thus blame only Taliban/ISIS. 

As far as Hinduism is concerned, then I am not an expert of how much hate teachings are present in Hindu sacred texts, and if the Hindutva supporters getting their inspiration from the Hindu sacred texts, or if they are themselves responsible for their fanatic behaviour. Or it may be a reaction of the Muslim extremism. 

Any how, at moment the rest of the world is not considering Hinduism as a tolerant religion. This bad name to Hinduism has been recently brought by Hindutva supporters. 

Tumko kisne theka diya rest of the world opinion dene ka ? P@ki basketcases don't get the privilege since hinduphobia is in their blood like yours.

7 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Edited by rageaddict

9 minutes ago, MechEng said:

The problem is that all these Bollywood stars live in 10 crore plus flats in posh areas of Mumbai, they're all uber rich and are disconnected from the lives of  ordinary people. You pay them in crores and they're ready to say anything.

You shouldn't get worried about their opinions, they're immoral to the point that they sleep around to get roles.

I beg to differ here. 

I beg to differ that Bollywood Stars are being paid to criticize BJP and extremist behaviours. And who could pay them? .... the poor Muslims of India? 

In my opinion they are already rich enough and don't need money from the poor community of Muslims. 

I believe it is the same Keera, which I also have, and which made me to abandon Islam. And that keera is "Humanity". All the true Secularists of India will also be having the same Keera and thus they also condemn the Hindutva fanaticism in India. 

4 minutes ago, Texy said:

She's married to a Muslim so that explains it

Bhai, many Hindus who are married to Hindus often make such ridiculous claims. Problem here is that the Dharmic system (esp Hinduism) is an easy target in present day India. 

Edited by Gollum

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

How did you come to that conclusion?

He was discussing with his naya pakistan liberal friends who have been advocating for life imprisonment & castration of homosexuals instead of murder.

4 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Tumko kisne theka diya rest of the world opinion dene ka ? P@ki basketcases don't get the privilege since hinduphobia is in their blood like yours.

I agree with you that Pakistanis have Hinduphobia and thus their opinion should be considered biased one. 

But please go to the facebook groups of Western countries and you will see it for yourself. Or even read the newspapers and articles in the magazines of Western countries, where all of them have been calling the government of Modi to be Hindu extremist government, where BJP stands for Hindutva first than the Secularism. 

I think that Europe and US even didn't want to issue the Visa to Narinder Modi at first. 

16 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Was Hinduism considered an intolerant religion during 2012-2013? Or during the time of AB Vajpayee in power when there was no social media around?

9 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

I agree with you that Pakistanis have Hinduphobia and thus their opinion should be considered biased one. 

But please go to the facebook groups of Western countries and you will see it for yourself. Or even read the newspapers and articles in the magazines of Western countries, where all of them have been calling the government of Modi to be Hindu extremist government, where BJP stands for Hindutva first than the Secularism. 

I think that Europe and US even didn't want to issue the Visa to Narinder Modi at first. 

I or Indians don't need western approval. The most right wing Hindu leader isn't anywhere close to the dictators & mass murderers including pakistanis they have considered allies or worthy of relationship & dialogue.

The less said about their own war crimes, the better.

Edited by Clarke

46 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

You must be going to all FB pages of Liberals who are masquerading as liberals but are evangelists like Audrey, Arundati Roy, It is your selective search, that google is providing this echo chamber. Get out of it, once in a while and open your mind. NYT, WaPo are biased as NDTV, ABP, etc. So, you should read FoxNews, Republic to balance out the views once in a while. Otherwise, you are blabbering the same old viewpoint that we don't agree. You believe they didn't want to issue Visa, but once he became PM, Obama AND Trump are openly accepting him and don't doubt for one bit the politics behind how they rejected his Visa when he was a small player. What is the reason to change their viewpoint? The one billion people spoke and voted and showed them their hypocrisy. You liberals can't digest that fact that your viewpoint is biased.

Edited by coffee_rules

21 hours ago, ProudLiberal said:

Did you find that out on whatsapp university or the wiki page edited by the bhakt brigade? She’s did marry a Muslim but there is no evidence of her converting to Islam .org changing her name, bhakts are so stupid that anyone can brainwash them with fake news

You are 32 posts old here and you seem to know all and esp that Mariyam is bowing down to bhakts. You are either  a banned Pakistani or a chinchora here to ramble like Jatboi or Haarkarjeetgaye.

I got the news from Twitter university . A Proud Chowkidaar. Go eat your heart out!

Edited by coffee_rules

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You are 32 posts old here and you seem to know all and esp that Mariyam is bowing down to bhakts. You areeither  a bannded Pakistani or a chinchora here to ramble like Jatboi or Haarkarjeetgaye.

I got the news from Twitter university . A Proud Chowkidaar. Go eat your heart out!

What? :confused:

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

I or Indians don't need western approval. The most right wing Hindu leader isn't anywhere close to the dictators & mass murderers including pakistanis they have considered allies or worthy of relationship & dialogue.

The less said about their own war crimes, the better.

If you don't need the world opinion, then please don't ask me about it. 

Instead of telling me, you should ask your friends to stop bothering about the world opinion. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

You must be going to all FB pages of Liberals who are masquerading as liberals but are evangelists like Audrey, Arundati Roy, It is your selective search, that google is providing this echo chamber. Get out of it, once in a while and open your mind. NYT, WaPo are biased as NDTV, ABP, etc. So, you should read FoxNews, Republic to balance out the views once in a while. Otherwise, you are blabbering the same old viewpoint that we don't agree. You believe they didn't want to issue Visa, but once he became PM, Obama AND Trump are openly accepting him and don't doubt for one bit the politics behind how they rejected his Visa when he was a small player. What is the reason to change their viewpoint? The one billion people spoke and voted and showed them their hypocrisy. You liberals can't digest that fact that your viewpoint is biased.

Please understand that many among the RW of America absolutely don't care about India. They make fun of the Indians and how they speak and how dirty they are and of their skin colour. They don't want Hindu culture etc. 

These are only the Left Wing Westerners who care about the humanity and thus feel themselves attracted towards Indian culture and want to have friendly ties. 

And the left wing is about 50% all over the West. What do you think will happen if this 50% is going to have bad opinion about Hinduism due to the Saffron Brigade and their lynchings and their killings? 

If you are a wise person, then you would not neglect this 50% Secular LW West. 

And Modi became prime minister and thus got the visa. But all this happened on Government level and politics was involved. As far as the People of these countries are involved, then they have got bad image of India and Hinduism due to the extremism of BJP and it's support for Hindutva. 

3 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

I beg to differ here. 

I beg to differ that Bollywood Stars are being paid to criticize BJP and extremist behaviours. And who could pay them? .... the poor Muslims of India? 

In my opinion they are already rich enough and don't need money from the poor community of Muslims. 

I believe it is the same Keera, which I also have, and which made me to abandon Islam. And that keera is "Humanity". All the true Secularists of India will also be having the same Keera and thus they also condemn the Hindutva fanaticism in India. 

Muslims are not paying anything, it's the Congress party folks who pay these actors/actresses. It's a classic example of vote bank politics, call Hinduism most violent and with this you gain trust of non Hindus to vote for them. Dawood Ibrahim has had good relations with Bollywood stars even after the 1993 blasts, reason? - money.

You're probably not aware but Bollywood and Hollywood are full of shallow personalities. @UrmiSinhaRay knows better than me

P.S. : As I had said earlier, it's very common in Bollywood to sleep around to get movie roles. When you have money and influence, who needs morals? Morals are for salary/wage workers like us who have to worry about the next paycheck.

Edited by MechEng

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Coincidentally, Dharmendra represented Bikaner and his second wife Hema Malini is the incumbent from Mathura. Both were given their tickets by the BJP. Like you mentioned, it was a conversion of convenience. In my stay here on ICF I have never seen anyone raise any objection.

Unfortunately, the RW extremism has absolutely NO STANDARDS.

They don't follow any standards, but they follow only "Might is Right". 

For them "All is Halal for me, while the same thing is Haram for the others". 

They are like that blood thirsty wolf, who wanted to eat up the lamb in every case, and thus making the lame excuses like lamb made his drinking water dirty. But lamb pointed out that stream was coming from wolf towards him. Then wolf made next excuse that he made his drinking water dirty last year. Upon that lamb told him that he was only 6 months old. Then wolf made the lame excuse that it would had been then his mother last year who made his drinking water dirty. After making this lame excuse, the wolf ate the lamb. 

What do you think if Urmila had made any other objections to criticize the RW, then they would have forgiven her? 

No, then they would have come up with other lame excuse against her and declared her sinful in every manner. 

17 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Unfortunately, the RW extremism has absolutely NO STANDARDS.

They don't follow any standards, but they follow only "Might is Right". 

For them "All is Halal for me, while the same thing is Haram for the others". 

They are like that blood thirsty wolf, who wanted to eat up the lamb in every case, and thus making the lame excuses like lamb made his drinking water dirty. But lamb pointed out that stream was coming from wolf towards him. Then wolf made next excuse that he made his drinking water dirty last year. Upon that lamb told him that he was only 6 months old. Then wolf made the lame excuse that it would had been then his mother last year who made his drinking water dirty. After making this lame excuse, the wolf ate the lamb. 

What do you think if Urmila had made any other objections to criticize the RW, then they would have forgiven her? 

No, then they would have come up with other lame excuse against her and declared her sinful in every manner. 

You're overestimating the power of RW parties here. They're not yet as imposing as you think. And that lamb story is confusing.