Hinduism has become the most violent religion of them all: Urmila Matondkar

Gollum

18 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Urmila Matondkar decides to join the Congress and people are up in arms. Why the double standard?

Because of her recent statement (video in OP)?

Edited by Gollum

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Because of the statement in OP?

That statement is about what she perceives Hinduism has become under the last 5 years of Modi Sarkar, and not Hinduism per se. Whether of not there is any factual basis to it is another matter. But she is entitled to her opinion, however warped it maybe.

Dharmendra on the other hand, changed his religion to give legitimacy to his relationship with Hema Malini without any kind of explicit approval from his first wife (which is a legally mandatory). A statement vs a conversion of convenience, to remarry. Whatever one's political inclination maybe, making a stupid statement is less of a *sin* than remarrying using subterfuge. 

17 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

That statement is about what she perceives Hinduism has become under the last 5 years of Modi Sarkar, and not Hinduism per se. Whether of not there is any factual basis to it is another matter. But she is entitled to her opinion, however warped it maybe.

That was a stupid, mischievous opinion and she deserves condemnation. 

Dharmendra on the other hand, changed his religion to give legitimacy to his relationship with Hema Malini without any kind of explicit approval from his first wife (which is a legally mandatory). A statement vs a conversion of convenience, to remarry. Whatever one's political inclination maybe, making a stupid statement is less of a *sin* than remarrying using subterfuge. 

I have never really respected those 2. In fact I have raised the bolded bit in one of my past rants. Even in the sticky election thread, I bemoaned BJP's choice of her as Mathura LS candidate. She is as useless as they come, disgraceful politician as well with nothing to show for. Even worse than Rekha, Sachin, Vinod Khanna etc.  

Edited by Gollum

@Mariyam since you're the resident Bollywood expert, my question. Didn't Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan repeat the same stunt as Dharmendra/Hema, conversion of convenience? I think Mahesh Bhatt was an ardent follower of UG Krishnamurthi, rejection of religion yada yada and suddenly had nikah with a Kashmiri Pandit....

9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Wow! I thought you were kidding with @Mariyam . It turns out to be true.

She may or may not have converted, her life, her choice, her rules. She deserves condemnation for her stupid statement on national TV. Imagine the brouhaha if Kirron Kher, Jaya Prada or Smriti Irani has made a similar statement about another religion !!! Hindus are the convenient punching bag in this country. 

Edited by Gollum

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@Mariyam since you're the resident Bollywood expert, my question. Didn't Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan repeat the same stunt as Dharmendra/Hema, conversion of convenience? I think Mahesh Bhatt was an ardent follower of UG Krishnamurthi, rejection of religion yada yada and suddenly had nikah with a Kashmiri Pandit....

@UrmiSinhaRay may have an answer to this question. I do not know if Mahesh Bhatt is *married* to Soni Razdan.

Prakash Kaur had approached the court and later changed her mind. This was in the early 80s. A relative of mine was asked to represent Dharmendra in the court/ negotiate on his behalf. Hence I know about this. Dharmendra took a lot of flak in those days. His image went for a toss, and rightfully so. 

15 minutes ago, Gollum said:

She may or may not have converted, her life, her choice, her rules. She deserves condemnation for her stupid statement on national TV. Imagine the brouhaha if Kirron Kher, Jaya Prada or Smriti Irani has made a similar statement about another religion !!! Hindus are the convenient punching bag in this country. 

The problem is that all these Bollywood stars live in 10 crore plus flats in posh areas of Mumbai, they're all uber rich and are disconnected from the lives of  ordinary people. You pay them in crores and they're ready to say anything.

You shouldn't get worried about their opinions, they're immoral to the point that they sleep around to get roles.

Edited by MechEng

8 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

I've never heard any muslim in the world say such a statement about their own religion despite the constant terrorist attacks.

In Pakistan the moderate Muslims have been constantly blaming Taliban and ISIS for making Islam violent. 

They are only partially correct, as the Jihadists are getting their inspiration directly from Quran and Sunnah, but unfortunately normal Muslims don't know it and thus blame only Taliban/ISIS. 

As far as Hinduism is concerned, then I am not an expert of how much hate teachings are present in Hindu sacred texts, and if the Hindutva supporters getting their inspiration from the Hindu sacred texts, or if they are themselves responsible for their fanatic behaviour. Or it may be a reaction of the Muslim extremism. 

Any how, at moment the rest of the world is not considering Hinduism as a tolerant religion. This bad name to Hinduism has been recently brought by Hindutva supporters. 

Therefore, in my opinion it is absolutely True what Urmilla said about BJP. 

19 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@UrmiSinhaRay may have an answer to this question. I do not know if Mahesh Bhatt is *married* to Soni Razdan.

Yam I thought you were the expert of Bollywood. Urmi makes a lot of claims but most of them are gossip.

Anyhow I got the answer courtesy google. 

Flashback Friday:The Hushed Wedding of Mahesh Bhatt & Soni Razdan

His Muslim name is Asraf Bhatt while Soni Razdan is Sakina.....

Edited by Gollum

2 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

In Pakistan the moderate Muslims have been constantly blaming Taliban and ISIS for making Islam violent. 

They are only partially correct, as the Jihadists are getting their inspiration directly from Quran and Sunnah, but unfortunately normal Muslims don't know it and thus blame only Taliban/ISIS. 

As far as Hinduism is concerned, then I am not an expert of how much hate teachings are present in Hindu sacred texts, and if the Hindutva supporters getting their inspiration from the Hindu sacred texts, or if they are themselves responsible for their fanatic behaviour. Or it may be a reaction of the Muslim extremism. 

Any how, at moment the rest of the world is not considering Hinduism as a tolerant religion. This bad name to Hinduism has been recently brought by Hindutva supporters. 

Tumko kisne theka diya rest of the world opinion dene ka ? P@ki basketcases don't get the privilege since hinduphobia is in their blood like yours.

7 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Edited by rageaddict

9 minutes ago, MechEng said:

The problem is that all these Bollywood stars live in 10 crore plus flats in posh areas of Mumbai, they're all uber rich and are disconnected from the lives of  ordinary people. You pay them in crores and they're ready to say anything.

You shouldn't get worried about their opinions, they're immoral to the point that they sleep around to get roles.

I beg to differ here. 

I beg to differ that Bollywood Stars are being paid to criticize BJP and extremist behaviours. And who could pay them? .... the poor Muslims of India? 

In my opinion they are already rich enough and don't need money from the poor community of Muslims. 

I believe it is the same Keera, which I also have, and which made me to abandon Islam. And that keera is "Humanity". All the true Secularists of India will also be having the same Keera and thus they also condemn the Hindutva fanaticism in India. 

4 minutes ago, Texy said:

She's married to a Muslim so that explains it

Bhai, many Hindus who are married to Hindus often make such ridiculous claims. Problem here is that the Dharmic system (esp Hinduism) is an easy target in present day India. 

Edited by Gollum

4 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Tumko kisne theka diya rest of the world opinion dene ka ? P@ki basketcases don't get the privilege since hinduphobia is in their blood like yours.

I agree with you that Pakistanis have Hinduphobia and thus their opinion should be considered biased one. 

But please go to the facebook groups of Western countries and you will see it for yourself. Or even read the newspapers and articles in the magazines of Western countries, where all of them have been calling the government of Modi to be Hindu extremist government, where BJP stands for Hindutva first than the Secularism. 

I think that Europe and US even didn't want to issue the Visa to Narinder Modi at first. 

16 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Was Hinduism considered an intolerant religion during 2012-2013? Or during the time of AB Vajpayee in power when there was no social media around?