Indian bowlers who have impressed you in the IPL

Global.Baba

Please don’t go solely by speed guns. Also excluding the current line up Bumrah,Shami, Chahal,Kuldeep,Bhuvi (even though has been ordinary so far)

here is my list.

Tier 1

Prasidh

Saini

Gopal

D.Chahar- controversial pick but the guy can swing the new ball. Doesn’t have pace and can’t do much at the death but can be a good test bowler in the Abbas,Philander mould I think. He can bat too. Don’t play him on 350 run pattas or T20s but I think there is something here. Can bat as well.

Tier 2

R.Ashwin- looks good with the new ball and has got some of his zip back

Siraj- horrible game but looks decent in patches but till he overcomes his mental blocks shouldn’t be anywhere near international side.

Rest have been bang average.

Edited by Global.Baba

No one has stood out till now

Prasidh, gopal have been good but they were good to last year as well

Unhappy how Rajpoot has been sitting on bench 

Saini - i always considered him a long format bowler , wanted to see him in IPL since ICF was saying he can be good in LOI .....Acc to me he can be an option in ODI but not in t20 

Siraj has improved but still a long way 

Want to see khaleel, kulwant, avesh, nathu, rajpoot play more games 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Among new bowlers .... till day 14

Saini -- Bowling 150 kph almost every match and hurrying batsmen visually all the time ... bowling good lines generally ... bowling excellent bouncers ... seaming the ball both ways.

An ideal bowler for test matches and the first 40 overs of ODIs.  Can be a great 3rd pacer in ODIs if there are 2 other good death bowlers.

Needs to improve his yorkers and slower balls. And needs to cut down on giving half volleys.

Bumrah, Saini and Shami  bowling in tandem for India, especially in test matches and some ODIs, is something I am looking forward to.

Prasidh --  Tall, bouncy and bowling 140 k to 150 k this season.  He gets consistent outswing too. Bowls a good line generally. Has a good bouncer.

Has a decent yorker and slower ball.

Needs to improve his match awareness if he is bowling the last 3 or 4 overs and the batsmen are trying to hit every ball.

He needs to be specially groomed by the BCCI and play every FC match from now on. Needs to get his 50 over A-team spot back too.

Gopal -- Has been impressive this season. His googlies have been superb. The fact that he can bat too, adds an additional dimension to his utility.

Can improve the turn he gets with his normal leg spinners.

Edited by express bowling

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Not trying Gopal in ODI side shows poor vision of selectors. 

Karnataka/Vinay are to be held responsible . The way he’s underused is criminal . Always brought in way too late . Hardly bowls 5-8 overs and pickes up 2-3 wickets . It’s difficult to come in selectors radar with out big wicket hauls  . Not sure if they see him as a batting AR as he bats in Top6 now .

• Saini
  • Prasidh
  • bumrah
  • Ishant
  • Shammi
  • Avesh also bowled OK for the first match, he should have been played.
  • Deepak CHahar is also getting his yorkers.

• Shreyas Gopal 
  • Kuldeep 
  • Chahal
  • Murgun Ashwin also turned a bit but not good enuf to challenge kuldeep or chahal.

ONly Gopal looks like a good talent among spinners apart from kuldeep and chahal.

Very impressed with Rahul Chahar.

He looks to be a very objective bowler.  Attacks the stumps all the time. Gets zip off the deck.

Is quick in the air and a right arm wrist spinner  ... so, will be a good foil to Kuldeep who is slow in the air and a left arm wrist spinner.

Gets turn with his leg spinners 

Has a googly and quick flipper too.

Comes across as a thinking bowler.

Can bat too.