I would pant at no.4 for his x factor ahead of Vijay SHankar - Ajay Jadeja

Pant should be in the 11 for his X factor but should either in the top order or lower-middle. Also can serve as a floater .... Shankar can be in the 11 too 

The issue is that Ind is trying to accommodate some “slow” players and may want to play a style of cricket that does not necessarily make teams exciting and win big tourneys 

1 hour ago, The Dark Horse said:

Pant has failed to make his mark...Jadeja also said Jaddu should be in the 11.. :giggle:

Jaddu does have a decent record in Eng. Yes he was poor in SL and Pak game during CT but everyone got hammered in final. I feel he has a good shot at going to WC.  

Pant is an extremely poor fielder even when compared to our low standards (Chahal, Bumrah, Jadhav, Shami, Rayudu etc), if he has to play he has to don the gloves. Shankar's bowling won't be so innocuous in English pitches no matter how flat they are, he bowls at the right pace to generate movement in the air. And he is a far better fielder, batting too is decent. I'll even say that if we are to achieve something big this tournament both Shankar/HPandya have to be in starting XI and both have to deliver big time. 

Edited by Gollum