Sign in to follow this  
Stan AF

Boring matches in this year's IPL 2019

Let me start with this weekend's matches. Other than SRH vs MI low scoring game, almost all the three matches were more or less boring. Match results were almost more or less a foregone conclusion. Punjab vs CSK is an assault to reason and a waste of time with KL rahul playing for his WC spot and sarfaraz playing for god knows what thereby gifting the game to CSK. Rajasthan sucked as usual with Steven Smith playing an innings which won't be sometimes acceptable even in certain ODI matches and Bangalore games are just a waste of time.

Frankly was very bored in both the yesterday's matches and I'm guessing there would be more of the same given the state of the bottom dwelling teams and with the WC nearing more foreign players backing out soon. Let's gauge the mood of the IPL in this thread and hope to see more entertaining games ahead.

absolutely boring. Waiting for the day these franchise become absolutely ruthless and throw out the likes of Rahane, Dhawan, Smith if they are not upto the mark. IMO only KKR is the side which has no player playing on reputation otherwise, all others have some emotional quota picks.

All matches involving SRH and RR are boring anyways. 

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

absolutely boring. Waiting for the day these franchise become absolutely ruthless and throw out the likes of Rahane, Dhawan, Smith if they are not upto the mark. IMO only KKR is the side which has no player playing on reputation otherwise, all others have some emotional quota picks.

All matches involving SRH and RR are boring anyways. 

Chris Lynn says hi. 

Don't know what you guys think but personally i feel csk and csk matches are thoroughly entertaining!!

From captain cool loosing its cool to hilarious missfields and drop catches to accommodate meyappans bet to jokers like mohit thakur and chahar to bravos classy dance. :phehe:

This team is God of entertainment.

8 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Don't know what you guys think but personally i feel csk and csk matches are thoroughly entertaining!!

From captain cool loosing its cool to hilarious missfields and drop catches to accommodate meyappans bet to jokers like mohit thakur and chahar to bravos classy dance. :phehe:

This team is God of entertainment.

never seen dhoni got so upset like he did after chahars no balls :lol:

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

All 4 games at the weekend were boring as hell. Not to mention some of the "quality" of cricket on display. Yes I am referring to MI's last 2 overs against SRH :no:

purchasing power of money on display :no:

5 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Let me start with this weekend's matches. Other than SRH vs MI low scoring game, almost all the three matches were more or less boring. Match results were almost more or less a foregone conclusion. Punjab vs CSK is an assault to reason and a waste of time with KL rahul playing for his WC spot and sarfaraz playing for god knows what thereby gifting the game to CSK. Rajasthan sucked as usual with Steven Smith playing an innings which won't be sometimes acceptable even in certain ODI matches and Bangalore games are just a waste of time.

Frankly was very bored in both the yesterday's matches and I'm guessing there would be more of the same given the state of the bottom dwelling teams and with the WC nearing more foreign players backing out soon. Let's gauge the mood of the IPL in this thread and hope to see more entertaining games ahead.

Any match at chepuk or csk inovlved is boring as most of the time you know the result before the game start due to obvious reasons. Distance second is RCB matches here also you know the result beforehand due to obvious reason ( not fixing) that rcb sucks.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Please don't make any allegations without solid evidence. Suspiciously poor bowling/catching/umpiring is not fixing :sleep:.

:phehe:

Thats the problem with chuskis. Just like Pakistani, cheating is so ingrained in their zeheniyat, they start accusing others of doing the same without any concrete proof. Sad what cricket has become :((

@velu Yes that match where a team was 90-7 and WI power player's catch is dropped by the best fielder in the oppostion and he continues to hammer another 40 runs helped by some questionable fielding is termed exciting and no dirty business at play there :money:

IPL in general is getting boring now with CSK and MI in top 4 everytime and teams like Punjab/RR/RCB missing in similar fashion evry year. SRH and KKR fight for final 4 and sneak in. Delhi will be back to its middling best next year. Borefest 

Secondly, these strategic ad breaks is the biggest disgrace.

48 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

IPL in general is getting boring now with CSK and MI in top 4 everytime and teams like Punjab/RR/RCB missing in similar fashion evry year. SRH and KKR fight for final 4 and sneak in. Delhi will be back to its middling best next year. Borefest 

Secondly, these strategic ad breaks is the biggest disgrace.

Need new strong teams and relegation to make it interesting. Didn't bother watching yesterday's match and frankly can't wait for this to end so that I can focus on some real cricket(WC). Already had enough.

18 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Need new strong teams and relegation to make it interesting. Didn't bother watching yesterday's match and frankly can't wait for this to end so that I can focus on some real cricket(WC). Already had enough.

bingo brother, same thoughts. Its so monotonous, not even following scores. 

Sign in to follow this