India TV Serials

Alam_dar

I am not a man of media. But still some raw observations (which could be easily wrong). 

People know the films from Bollywood very well. But then something happened to Bollywood and it is unable to reproduce the films of 80s era or the 90s era. 

But I think that standards  of TV serials was not so good in 80s and 90s, but today their have become better. 

In hollywood too,  I think that serials like Games of Thrones are much more popular than the films.

How do you rate Indian TV serials today?

And which are your top 5-10 most beloved Indian TV serials? 

Do you see TV serials playing good enough role in character building of the youth and in handling other social issues? 

9 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

I am not a man of media. But still some raw observations (which could be easily wrong). 

People know the films from Bollywood very well. But then something happened to Bollywood and it is unable to reproduce the films of 80s era or the 90s era. 

But I think that standards  of TV serials was not so good in 80s and 90s, but today their have become better. 

In hollywood too,  I think that serials like Games of Thrones are much more popular than the films.

How do you rate Indian TV serials today?

And which are your top 5-10 most beloved Indian TV serials? 

Do you see TV serials playing good enough role in character building of the youth and in handling other social issues? 

Radha Krishna is certainly up there I am not a saas bahu seriel fan, among comedy Bhabhi ji is OK, Devon ke dev mahadev star Mahabharat were good, though I have heard good things about ye un Dino ki baat hai and patiala babes but I don't watch it, it's radha Krishna,movies and ipl for me, though I watch the web series, like sacred games which was purely anti Hindu, criminal justice is good and edge based on ipl was good, since Netflix is not accepting google payment I have stopped watching Netflix only torrents. 

1 hour ago, vayuu1 said:

Radha Krishna is certainly up there I am not a saas bahu seriel fan, among comedy Bhabhi ji is OK, Devon ke dev mahadev star Mahabharat were good, though I have heard good things about ye un Dino ki baat hai and patiala babes but I don't watch it, it's radha Krishna,movies and ipl for me, though I watch the web series, like sacred games which was purely anti Hindu, criminal justice is good and edge based on ipl was good, since Netflix is not accepting google payment I have stopped watching Netflix only torrents. 

Any good torrent site for Indian Drama Series? 

I am thinking of taking break from social media and faceboook, and  starting watching Indian Drama serials for a change. 

I used to watch old Pakistani Dramas, which were really good. But nowadays their standard is not good enough any more. Actually, it seems that Pakistanis themselves are watching a lot of Turkish serials.

Beautiful Turkish girls, but I find Indian culture much more attractive. 

Edited by Alam_dar

50 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Any good torrent site for Indian Drama Series? 

I am thinking of taking break from social media and faceboook, and  starting watching Indian Drama serials for a change. 

I used to watch old Pakistani Dramas, which were really good. But nowadays their standard is not good enough any more. Actually, it seems that Pakistanis themselves are watching a lot of Turkish serials.

Beautiful Turkish girls, but I find Indian culture much more attractive. 

Not any particular site just type Indian serials torrent 

13 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

80s was the worst phase for bollywood - we made ****

90s was a lil better but not much

13 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Standards of Indian are all time Low now 

80s n 90s tv was really good 

@Alam_dar I don't watch Indian TV shows these days, I don't find them interesting enough and feedback isn't good. IMO the standard was much better in earlier decades. 

If you wanna explore Indian culture watch: 

Malgudi Days...based on RK Narayan's short stories, South Indian feel

old version of Mahabharat (Mukesh Khanna, BR Chopra producer)...our great epic

Chanakya (Chandraprakash Dwivedi)...ancient India, start of Mauryan empire 

Byomkesh Bakshi (Rajit Kapoor)...Calcutta detective

Start off with these 4, should be available on YT, Torrent.

Comedy/satire like Office Office, Flop Show, Sarabhai vs Sarabhai....others can suggest more because this isn't my favorite genre.

Edited by Gollum

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Only the OP says 80s was good, i hve never seen anyone say 80s was good apart from him

I have met many Farah Khan types who idolize the 80s. 

@Mariyam your expert opinion?

Edited by Gollum

51 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Only the OP says 80s was good, i hve never seen anyone say 80s was good apart from him

Sorry, it seems I made a mistake. 

I started watching bollywood films in 1980s as child and thought 70s era films too to be from the 80s. 

2 hours ago, Turning_track said:

Adding to @Gollum list-
Ramayan (made by Ramanand Sagar)
Bharat Ek Khoj (Based on Nehru's Discovery of India)
Never watched but heard good things about Nukkad, Buniyad. You can find all of these in Youtube.
Star Bestsellers- available now in Hotstar app.

Star one had one show very similar to star bestseller- studio one

Shriman shrimati was also good not gr8....but good timepass 

Dil kya chahta hai- another star one show 

Family no.1 

Just mohbbat

Hip hip hurray 

Surbhi 

The great indian comedy show - (Vinay pathak n ranvir shorey one)

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Star one had one show very similar to star bestseller- studio one

Shriman shrimati was also good not gr8....but good timepass 

Dil kya chahta hai- another star one show 

Family no.1 

Just mohbbat

Hip hip hurray 

Surbhi 

The great indian comedy show - (Vinay pathak n ranvir shorey one)

Surbhi was a good show with nice hosts where they used to cover various topics of culture & audience used to participate in weekly questions by sending postcards. I used to like Pankaj Kapur's 'Office Office' as well & after the advent of Saas-Bahu serials Star One was the saving grace for many.

@Alam_dar An acclaimed show->'The Sword of Tipu Sultan' by Sanjay Khan even though I haven't seen it. I actually don't mind Tipu, have even written an essay (maybe more) on another thread to explain my position about him :p:

Available on YT. 

Edited by Gollum

8 hours ago, Turning_track said:

Adding to @Gollum list-
Ramayan (made by Ramanand Sagar)
Bharat Ek Khoj (Based on Nehru's Discovery of India)
Never watched but heard good things about Nukkad, Buniyad. You can find all of these in Youtube.
Star Bestsellers- available now in Hotstar app.

I find Ramayan boring, no matter who tells the story but will check out the others time permitting :thumb:. Current Indian serials are rubbish, unwatchable. 

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

I have met many Farah Khan types who idolize the 80s. 

@Mariyam your expert opinion?

I like Bollywood movies from the late 80s. 

Tezaab

Parinda

Mr India

Chandni

Masoom (probably earlier)

Maine Pyaar Kiya

Qayamat se Qayamat tak

Ram Lakhan

Ardh Satya

Umrao Jaan

Saudagar

I saw most of these in the early 2000s and absolutely loved them. 

59 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I like Bollywood movies from the late 80s. 

Tezaab

Parinda

Mr India

Chandni

Masoom (probably earlier)

Maine Pyaar Kiya

Qayamat se Qayamat tak

Ram Lakhan

Ardh Satya

Umrao Jaan

Saudagar

I saw most of these in the early 2000s and absolutely loved them. 

bollywood films i like from 80s

Masoom 

Katha

Jaane bhi do yaaro 

Chashme badoor 

Though I hated/hate most of the 80s movies, some were gems. Maybe I was too harsh in my earlier post, won't call it garbage henceforth.

Most of my fav movies from that era covered by Yam and Ankit. Also I guess  our parallel cinema peaked in the 80s, some really good ones there, Smita Patil was a freaking legend. 

Sadma too was from 80s. Watched it only in the 90s when I was a kid, hated Sridevi so much because of what she did to Kamal in the ending scene :facepalm:. She was the undisputed queen of the 80s, a true superstar and icon...RIP Ma'am . Another movie I loved from that decade was Appu Raja :dance:. Saaransh, Namak Halaal, Arth, Disco Dancer, Coolie, Nagina, ChaalBaaz, Albert Pinto...were some of the other ones I liked. Don't remember much of them now, maybe I'll watch them again. 

Edited by Gollum

Golden era of India TV is the time before TV was privatized mid 80s to mid 90s, DD had great shows like

Buniyaad, Hum log, Mahabharat, Ramayan, Darpan, Vikram aur Betaal, Wagle ki duniya, Zabaan sambhal ke, Nukkad,  Mungeri laal ke haseen sapne, Dekh Bhai dekh, Malgudi days, 
Yeh jo hai zindagi, Mr. Yogi, Kakkaji Kahen, Chitrahaar, Chaya geet, , Katha sagar, Udaan, Flop show (esp comedy of that quality is unsurpassed)

a lot of these shows are available on YT.