M.Prasidh is consistently bowling 145 kph to 150 kph in IPL 2019

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh, the 23 year old 6'3" Indian fast bowler, is consistently bowling 145 kph to 150 kph in almost every match.

His fastest balls in the 5 matches he has played so far   ( From IPLT20.com )

And not just high speeds, Prasidh has a wide array of skills

His skills --

1. He is tall and gets good bounce

2. He has a natural outswinger

3. Bowls a decent line and length

4. He has a good enough yorker

5. Has a decent slower ball

Weaknesses --

1. Loses intensity on occasions.

2. Needs to practice sustaining pace in 5 day matches  (  but it is not his fault as he has played in just 6 FC matches in 4 years  )

Stats --

FC 

20 wickets from 6 matches

Bowling average 22.55

SR         50.7

List A 

50 wickets from only 33 matches

Average     26.6

ER      5.4

Has played successfully for India-A in List A matches.

The BCCI should see to it that this tall genuine fast bowler is groomed properly ... gets to play all FC matches from now on ... gets back in our 50-over A-team again ... does strength and conditioning training at the NCA.

All the best kid  !

No worries, a few tests and he will be trundling like Munaf chacha!

4 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

No worries, a few tests and he will be trundling like Munaf chacha!

Did happen in the 2000s decade.

Not happening in the 2010s decade.

Bumrah bowling quick for more than 3 years now and has actually increased his pace.

Shami bowling quick for almost 6 years now and has increased his pace too.

Umesh bowled fast for almost 7 years.

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Brett Lee talking about Prasidh before today's match   " One of the players of the tournament so far. Good pace, good aggression, 150 k ".

Aussie cricketer talking up an Indian quick. When will an Indian cricketer do it  !

Brett Lee has always been seen saying good words about Indian cricket,even Shoaib Akhter used to praise the Indian attack few years ago,its astonishing though to find the Indian lot.who have doubts about Indian fast bowling standards these days they remind me of Lutyen gournalism,who dont have any reverence for their own people 

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

any evidence?

Lot of speeds I saw bowled by Bumrah etc looked too low or too high.  Calibration on those speed guns is a major factor.  

Not every one who questions the accuracy of machines that are historically prone to calibration issues, is a "hater" who doesn't want to give Indian bowlers credit.  - This is not direct at you, but at some of the other smartarses on the thread.  

16 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Lot of speeds I saw bowled by Bumrah etc looked too low or too high.  Calibration on those speed guns is a major factor.  

Not every one who questions the accuracy of machines that are historically prone to calibration issues, is a "hater" who doesn't want to give Indian bowlers credit.  - This is not direct at you, but at some of the other smartarses on the thread.  

i literally meant any evidence.

so you are saying, its because of high range?

my counter is slow balls being used in t20 and pitch needed pace off pitch often and the fact that Umesh/Shami/Ferguson/ishant  etc are all bowling at their usual pace..

Rabada has increased his pace by a few points, but its clear he wants to make sure everyone knows and notes he is the new alpha ( with starc not being there), so it could be down to effort.

This means Saini and Prasidh and Archer are genuinely quick.

lol

search 153k Aaron.

i am talking about FC games, that was a List A game.  Otherwise, Saini recently bowled 151 in SMA trophy. Others have also bowled quick in One day and T20 domestic games.  Khaleel 148K last year. 

29 minutes ago, sandeep said:

It is true that radar guns can give very weird readings from time to time.  Which is why they use multiple radar guns these days. Unusual readings are smoothed out.

Moreover, the speeds readings which we get in   " Hawk eye " ( available on IPLT20.com or BCCI.tv  too )  are normally got using high speed cameras.  These speed readings are said to be very accurate.

The reason why high speed cameras are not used for the speeds we get to see on TV ... is because radar guns give instant readings but high speed camera readings take a bit more time to come through.

Prasidh , Saini etc. are registering high speeds on  " Hawkeye " too ... which is why I am hopeful about the speeds they are clocking.

Someone like Prasidh may bowl slower in FC though ... because he is not used to playing FC and bowling lots of overs a day.  While Saini is quick even in FC.

Edited by express bowling
27 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Speed guns are not perfect or uniform anywhere in the world. There are always errors and that is why nowadays, they use multiple speed guns, also high speed hawkeye cameras that measure speeds along with radar speed guns.

33 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Brett Lee has always been seen saying good words about Indian cricket,even Shoaib Akhter used to praise the Indian attack

i think Brett and Shoaib because of their status, and adulation on their speed, outright display happiness when they see quick bowlers a bit like some of the west indian fast bowlers its in their blood.

Some of the Indian commentators because of their dhimmi attitude and folks like Hayden/Manju who had to face these bowlers have a bit of a grudge on display and dont talk up fast bowlers..

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i am talking about FC games, that was a List A game.  Otherwise, Saini recently bowled 151 in SMA trophy. Others have also bowled quick in One day and T20 domestic games.  Khaleel 148K last year. 

you are correct there it was a Jharkhand list A game, my point is on FC and List A actually. even an ODI with 50 overs on field is showing genuine pace, you obviously have to discount t20 games. 4 overs often 2 over spells with 20 over on field do not challenge  fast bowler fitness generally, but a ODI innings is 1 to 1.5 sessions with out rest so pretty much same as day 1 bowling in tests.

if some guy clocks high speeds( 150) in a day 2 first innings continuously playing from day 1 under pump or coming back second innings in day 4 then that is out of the world, i have not seen this ..

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Moreover, the speeds readings which we get in   " Hawk eye " ( available on IPLT20.com or BCCI.tv  too )  are normally got using high speed cameras.  These speed readings are said to be very accurate.

The reason why high speed cameras are not used for the speeds we get to see on TV ... is because radar guns give instant readings but high speed camera readings take a bit more time to come through.

this, i have found true as well. Often folks here complain that IPL is not refreshing the speeds in the fastest list. I find it being added later at times, as it is hawkeye based and at times gets generated later. often the hawkeye speeds are more accurate ( to the decimal point) than what we often see in TV ( often a littler slower). for instance, Saini was show 152 something but he is recorded at 151. something by IPL. 

this, i have found true as well. Often folks here complain that IPL is not refreshing the speeds in the fastest list. I find it being added later at times, as it is hawkeye based and at times gets generated later. often the hawkeye speeds are more accurate ( to the decimal point) than what we often see in TV ( often a littler slower). for instance, Saini was show 152 something but he is recorded at 151. something by IPL. 

only thing is short balls are shown slower than fuller balls. most quickest deliveries are fuller length ones.  Iyer and Morris short balls were clocked around 140, but looked quicker.  look at today, that short ball to Duplesis looked really much quicker than showed 140.

Edited by rkt.india