Is this the most appalling fielding unit we ever sent to a world cup?

I know we have had passengers right through our history. But atleast they had excuse of one dayers still being in evolution stage. Now that one dayers are fully evolved we are sending a side that will struggle to compete with a high school team when it comes to fielding. Saw the under-19 world cup. Then I see this. This is an absolutely crappy fielding unit. Can't field, Can't chase, Can't catch, Can't dive, Can't throw. Don't have the presence of mind.  Not sure you could entirely blame coaching. Good fielders are good fielders when they start their career with few exceptions. 

It also forces the captain to hid these players. There is a cascading effect when you have a bunch of low energy fielders. They don't give confidence to bowlers or captain. It brings the morale down. On the contrary, it makes the opposition take more risks without worries. 

Bumrah

Kuldeep

Jadhav

Shami

Chahal

Rayudu (assuming he plays)

6 genuinely mediocre fielders 

Rohit

Dhawan

Two lazy average fielders

Shankar

Pandya

Kohli

decent fielders

Our entire bowling unit is as one-dimensional as it gets. Can't bat, Can't field. 

Shami & Kuldeep aren't mediocre. How come Kohli who has dropped most catches in this ipl or drops easy catches for India as well is considered decent? Shankar is overrated and only Pandya, Jaddu are good fielders.
Kohli's ground fields are good but catching is poor...

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

U cant have all atleast for now............untill in future the bowler n batsman who are coming up develop their 2nd or 3rd skill . 

Ask urself do u want jadeja, rahane, raina, manish pandey, mohit, umesh in team coz they field well........

Jo hai ussi men chalana padega .....every team has some weekness so do we.