Left with one abandoned pigeon egg !!!

velu

One Pigeon occupied my store room ( where heater is kept ) last week and i let it stay .

It was not at all afraid of me and later i offered some moong dal as well to her.

Yesterday i played some cat meows in my phone to it , and it was not bothered.

Then for experimentation sake i played some owl hooting audios to it , it totally got scared and flew away abandoning its egg.

I am left with one unhatched egg . Feeling depressed because i indirectly destroyed one happy pigeon family. :(( 

oqavtd.jpg

hvtrw9.jpg

26 minutes ago, velu said:

One Pigeon occupied my store room ( where heater is kept ) last week and i let it stay .

It was not at all afraid of me and later i offered some moong dal as well to her.

Yesterday i played some cat meows in my phone to it , and it was not bothered.

Then for experimentation sake i played some owl hooting audios to it , it totally got scared and flew away abandoning its egg.

I am left with one unhatched egg . Feeling depressed because i indirectly destroyed one happy pigeon family. :(( 

oqavtd.jpg

hvtrw9.jpg

Let it stay there. I think pigeon will return looking for the egg. 

How does pigeon omelette taste like I wonder :thinking: 

@velu saale hypocrite, you a non-veg. So you destroy goat families, fish families day in and day out, tear apart chicken siblings.....you expressing regret over a pigeon egg :whack:

Leave the animal rights campaigns to us shakaharis :wavey:

Edited by Gollum

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

How does pigeon omelette taste like I wonder :thinking: 

@velu saale hypocrite, you a non-veg. So you destroy goat families, fish families day in and day out, tear apart chicken siblings.....you expressing regret over a pigeon egg :whack:

Leave the animal rights campaigns to us shakaharis :wavey:

nobody eats pigeon :(( 

Abe @velu who told you playing cat/owl audios before a poor pigeon would be a good idea? Ghonchu kahin ka...:whack:

To compensate play some audios of its prey (crickets?) whole night and hope it comes back. Leave its usual food and hope it gets attracted by the smell if it is in the vicinity. 

Google tells me Goddess Rati (of love, lust, carnal desire, passion. sexual pleasure), grand daughter of Brahma, has pigeon as her vahana. Try to find out if you have a temple with her motif nearby and do archana if possible, pray that the pigeon comes back. 

Edited by Gollum

3 hours ago, dial_100 said:

incubate it by putting a light bulb at 1.5 ft away from the egg in a small container. 

i offered it to our apartment cat .. kept it near the dustbin where the cat usually rests :phehe:

Pigeons are pests. They are rats with wings.

They have driven out a sparrow couple :((:((that used to nest in my balcony and reproduce and bring little endangered sparrows  to this world overpopulated by brainless idiots masquerading as cute birds.( i mean pigeons)

You have done nothing wrong velu.

you have saved yourself and the world from a ton of pigeon poop that the new pigeon would have created.

Chill boy ....

Who gives moong dal to pigeons?:dontknow:

Did you try feeding the egg?

it has no mouth...

Just put it outside somewhere in a bush.

Waisay ...now you are doomed. These pigeons have marked your place. They will come and lay stupid eggs from time to time ...even if you keep removing their eggs . They are too stupid to realise it is not a good option family wise.

Bas kahin bhi anda de do...uske baad not their problem. If they see the egg,they will incubate...nahi to koi baat nahi.

Stupid irresponsible parents.

Sorry for the rant. I have a running battle with two sex crazed pigeons who are always( really ...aaaaalllways )trying to lay eggs in my balcony.I throw water at them 5-6 times a day :((

These pigeons sit on pots and then nothing grows in that mud. They cause breathing problems for me. The are toxic .I hate them .

Edited by beetle

35 minutes ago, speed_thrills said:

I used to have pigeon meat every winter during my growing up year. At that time you could buy a pair of cleaned up pigeon in 200 bucks. 

:((

seen domesticated doves for meat .. pigeons are rare here