Mumbai indians should include S Ravi in their playing xi !!!

velu

Biggest failure of Indian cricket is not absence of great fast bowlers or overseas performances, it is our inability to produce world class umpires on a regular basis. 130 crores strong cricket crazy population, largest domestic cricket system by a landslide yet our supposedly best umpires are either totally inept or sellouts. 

2 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

He is right though,Indian  umpiring quality in general is pathetic and this has nothing to do with IPL or favorite franchise banter 

Venkat ragavan was probably the last good one. Worst i have seen from the 90s. There was this fat guy who was about to give out (it was clear out) to an Indian batsman and decided to start scratching his head with that finger lol You should have looked at the face of Ranatunga haha hilarious

Edited by vvvslaxman

49 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

He was best among the trash. Being a well respected cricketer in his days helped his stature

Venkat was seriously good, have heard only positive stuff about him over the years even from non-Indians. I believe he was better than Bucknor and on par with Shepherd. 

He was given the offer to officiate the 1999 WC final. But then Ind-Pak had serious tension (Kargil) and he refused the offer because he didn't want the Pak players to play such a big match in an environment where they would be skeptical of the umpire's judgement, perception of bias etc. Not just a highly proficient umpire but also a classy man !!!

Edited by Gollum

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Venkat ragavan was probably the last good one. Worst i have seen from the 90s. There was this fat guy who was about to give out (it was clear out) to an Indian batsman and decided to start scratching his head with that finger lol You should have looked at the face of Ranatunga haha hilarious

Yes Ajay Jadeja was the batsman. :hysterical: