Student of the year-2 Trailer

Ankit_sharma03

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Bollywood at present is national embarrassment, fukc that garbage industry. 1 decent movie among mountain loads of hot garbage. Nepotism, dynasty rule there is worse than in Indian politics. 

film making is a personal business why do you care who they cast?

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

film making is a personal business why do you care who they cast?

Hypothetically if a political party appoints a single family's members as supreme leaders for generations, wouldn't you criticize it ? Oh wait ..

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

People dont understand different films have different audience.  It is going to be a big hit anyway.

Agree with the box office assessment, doesn't mean it is exceptional artistic value or it warrants no criticism. There will always be contrasting views on topics.

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

Hypothetically if a political party appoints a single family's members as supreme leaders for generations, wouldn't you criticize it ? Oh wait ..

The difference is, in such instances, it would make a difference to the state of affairs of  a country, if such incompetent leaders are elected. Whereas, in this case, there is no difference to the public whether the movie is the harbinger if nepotism or not! One could make a case , stating that deserving actors would not get a chance if such instances of nepotism are present, but even then, I sincere doubt any deserving performer would take part in such movies.

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

if selection democratically, why should I? party isnt a personal business.

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

if selection democratically, why should I? party isnt a personal business.

Almost everything around us at the end of the day isn't a personal business and moreover can be countered in some way. I'm selling this bread with msg which isn't banned, don't eat if u don't like. Asbestos is legal. Wear pollution mask if u have a problem with air quality. Spend less if u think tax is too high. List goes on.

20 hours ago, Gollum said:

Bollywood at present is national embarrassment, fukc that garbage industry. 1 decent movie among mountain loads of hot garbage. Nepotism, dynasty rule there is worse than in Indian politics. 

Why do you assume that the purpose of Bollywood is to make quality films? It is to make money, and they are very successful at that.

Moreover, this nepotism charge is very hyped up. Dynasty politics is nepotism. Picking your relative for a promotion is nepotism. Those are competitive public domain spaces/events. Making a movie isn't. If you wanted to get your house redone tomorrow and needed an interior designer and had one in the family, chances are that person would get the job. I doubt you'd  objectively evaluate 200 designers and maintain a detailed excel sheet with a comparative analysis.

18 hours ago, I6MTW said:

The difference is, in such instances, it would make a difference to the state of affairs of  a country, if such incompetent leaders are elected. Whereas, in this case, there is no difference to the public whether the movie is the harbinger if nepotism or not! One could make a case , stating that deserving actors would not get a chance if such instances of nepotism are present, but even then, I sincere doubt any deserving performer would take part in such movies.

Well you're ignoring the transfer of wealth from the masses to a huge industry controlled by a few leading heads, not to mention the obvious talent that gets no fame & probably rots/withers away because of this "nepotism" so to say. Dynasty in any walk of life is a curse, reservations as well but that's a topic none touches because of vote bank!