Student of the year-2 Trailer

Ankit_sharma03

23 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Why do you assume that the purpose of Bollywood is to make quality films? It is to make money, and they are very successful at that.

Moreover, this nepotism charge is very hyped up. Dynasty politics is nepotism. Picking your relative for a promotion is nepotism. Those are competitive public domain spaces/events. Making a movie isn't. If you wanted to get your house redone tomorrow and needed an interior designer and had one in the family, chances are that person would get the job. I doubt you'd  objectively evaluate 200 designers and maintain a detailed excel sheet with a comparative analysis.

Bollywood is not entirely great on the money front if u look at # of hits vs flops.

Your second argument is not accurate either. In almost all cases, one wouldn't assign an expensive and detailed project to a novice in the field just because (s)he is a family member, before the family member is established in that field. This wouldn't happen at all if there have been multiple project failures in that person's career.

Bollywood isn't the only industry that has nepotism but it is certainly the leader in it, maybe because it has a monopoly over the Hindi film market and it's leaders prefer their own almost all the time and junta is happy cheering star kids.

On 4/12/2019 at 12:43 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

So SO So Fcking bad, 3 min never felt so long

ek to i cant stand tiger shroff, baat baat pe kick maar deta hai..........plus this looked like no content which is new a low for this franchise of whose 1st part was itself bad

Should be renamed khanjarkhana of the year 2,saala padai ke alawa sab kuch hota hai, bc kaun se college main hota hai, yaha du main 98% pe  admission hota hai is kanjarpanti se admission hoga, but Tara sutaria looks better than junky pandey putri. 

11 hours ago, Clarke said:

Bollywood is not entirely great on the money front if u look at # of hits vs flops.

Your second argument is not accurate either. In almost all cases, one wouldn't assign an expensive and detailed project to a novice in the field just because (s)he is a family member, before the family member is established in that field. This wouldn't happen at all if there have been multiple project failures in that person's career.

Bollywood isn't the only industry that has nepotism but it is certainly the leader in it, maybe because it has a monopoly over the Hindi film market and it's leaders prefer their own almost all the time and junta is happy cheering star kids.

1) On the money front, the big banners rake in a lot more in one big hit than they lose in the other 4-5 flops in the year. Also, I would take these figures with a pinch of salt. Many big banners simply understate their earnings. Declare flops for break even films or marginal hits. 

2) Bollywood is hardly the leader in nepotism. The nepotism is mainly related to star kids and kids of star producers. Directors, make up artists, cameramen, spot boys and the like, who form the overwhelming majority of the industry are not nepotistic.

The actual leaders in nepotism would be the diamond merchants, the jewelers and the stock brokers.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

1) On the money front, the big banners rake in a lot more in one big hit than they lose in the other 4-5 flops in the year. Also, I would take these figures with a pinch of salt. Many big banners simply understate their earnings. Declare flops for break even films or marginal hits. 

2) Bollywood is hardly the leader in nepotism. The nepotism is mainly related to star kids and kids of star producers. Directors, make up artists, cameramen, spot boys and the like, who form the overwhelming majority of the industry are not nepotistic.

The actual leaders in nepotism would be the diamond merchants, the jewelers and the stock brokers.

Are you intentionally avoiding having a look at the bigger picture in order to defend bollywood ? How many total releases, hits, break evens, flops per year ? For an industry with a monopoly over hindi films, its record is abysmal. Even BSE/NSE compete among Indian bourses :)

jeweler shop/stock broker are just front faces of their trade like actors in bollywood. Difference is its very much possible to get into that profession unlike acting in bollywood. Further, if you're not up to the mark, you generally shut shop. In bollywood, being an assclown gets u an award or two. Just ask zayed/fardeen among others. Being a bachchan or kapoor gives you umpteen comebacks. They even bring in nepotism from outside in form of ritesh. Then they feel proud about it and announce it on stage. No other industry is buried this deep in nepotism and wears it like a medal. 

@Clarke

The Zayeds and the Fardeens *never* made it big. A few family produced movies, one marquee big name production and then  sank faster than the Titanic did on a starry (unintended pun) April night. With Ritesh it is alleged that his dad laundered a lot of his pelf by investing in films. A favour in return was always on the cards.

Contrast this, with say, the diamond industry in India. An outsider wouldn't even get the chance to even enter this line of trade. Completely protected industry.

I am not defending Bollywood here. For one, it isn't an organized industry and many a times, different trade drivers have divergent goals. But as far as nepotism goes, it is one among the many. Not yet reached the summit re:nepotism that other organized industries exhibit.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Does he go RAMBO over a small issue in this movie as well? NOne of these guys  look normal? This is why i prefer guys like Ayushman Khurana who don't focus on showing off biceps triceps

this film is not meant for Ayushman Khurana.  Those are different kind of films.  This is typical masala leave your brain home film, not meant to be realistic.

One of my relatives went to this prestigious private college with full scholarship here in the US for his undergrad. 

Just like most of these Ivy League  institutions , you have to be either filthy rich and influential or really super smart to get in .

Anyways, Tiger shroff tried his hand at “education”  for a semester here in this college  before he decided that Education wasn’t his thing or maybe it could have been the college  that made that call. This part I am not sure.

Now obviously it works out fine if you are not good at studies especially for a Bollywood kid whose path is probably determined anyway  .

However from what I have heard he is so dumb that you can’t even hold a 2-3 minute conversation with him.  Apparently  he is almost borderline mentally challenged. Initially people thought he was shy but he is just a very dull and dumb individual from what I have heard.

This is not from memories or rants  of a rejected or dissed  girlfriend/girlfriends  or something, this was something I actually heard from a group of people before he became a Bollywood actor. 

Happy he has found his niche in Bollywood .

However found it a bit ironic that his movie is called student of the year :laugh: 

Edited by maniac

3 hours ago, riya said:

I think bollyfans don't care abt face or never look at face...Just look at biceps and six packs otherwise i can't see these people surviving in a movie industry...

That chunkey pandey daughter ananya pandey won't last for another movie. She is fugly and no acting skills.

4 hours ago, maniac said:

One of my relatives went to this prestigious private college with full scholarship here in the US for his undergrad. 

Just like most of these Ivy League  institutions , you have to be either filthy rich and influential or really super smart to get in .

Anyways, Tiger shroff tried his hand at “education”  for a semester here in this college  before he decided that Education wasn’t his thing or maybe it could have been the college  that made that call. This part I am not sure.

Now obviously it works out fine if you are not good at studies especially for a Bollywood kid whose path is probably determined anyway  .

However from what I have heard he is so dumb that you can’t even hold a 2-3 minute conversation with him.  Apparently  he is almost borderline mentally challenged. Initially people thought he was shy but he is just a very dull and dumb individual from what I have heard.

This is not from memories or rants  of a rejected or dissed  girlfriend/girlfriends  or something, this was something I actually heard from a group of people before he became a Bollywood actor. 

Happy he has found his niche in Bollywood .

However found it a bit ironic that his movie is called student of the year :laugh: 

That's just a lie.

56 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

That's just a lie.

Why would I make **** about Tiger Shroff of all people lol.

Anyway it’s an opinion from a group of people. May be they didn’t get along with him I dont know.  Can they validate it or are making **** up I don’t know. However I would be inclined to believe the people Who told this based on their credentials and You don’t need a bunch of geniuses/ achievers  tell you Tiger Shroff is a dumb jock anyway. 

Edited by maniac

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Why would I make **** about Tiger Shroff of all people lol.

Anyway it’s an opinion from a group of people. May be they didn’t get along with him I dont know.  Can they validate it or are making **** up I don’t know. However I would be inclined to believe the people Who told this based on their credentials and You don’t need a bunch of geniuses/ achievers  tell you Tiger Shroff is a dumb jock anyway. 

you can doubt every source regarding film industry.