Sign in to follow this  
Ankit_sharma03

Manoj Tiwary & Tushar deshpande attends trials for replacements seeking Delhi Capitals

The pain of missing out from the action in IPL 2019 could well be shortlived for earnest Bengal cricketer Manoj Tiwary as he, along with Mumbai fast bowler Tushar Deshpande, attended franchise Delhi Capitals' trials at the iconic Eden Gardens on Thursday (April 11). 

Manoj didn't find a single buyer at the auctions for this season. He has been doing Bengali commentary for the host broadcaster since receiving an offer to do the same. But the 33-year-old has now got the opportunity to impress the Delhi team management, especially head coach Ricky Ponting and advisor Sourav Ganguly, who will now decide his fortunes in the upcoming days. 

Tiwary himself confirmed the development to PTI and said, "Yes, I attended the trials. I felt that it went off well. I had a chat with DC advisor Sourav Ganguly and coach Ricky Ponting. I have not been officially told anything. Hoping for the best."

Delhi franchise is seeking replacements for injured pacer Harshal Patel and batsman Manjot Kalra. It will organise one more round of trials on Friday morning, where, another hopeful - Manpreet Singh Gony, the Punjab fast bowler, will also attend the trial like he did yesterday. 

"Manoj will travel with the team to our next match against Sunrisers Hyderabad on 14 April," said former India captain Ganguly himself. "He will continue training and then we will take a final call."

Earlier, Tiwary expressed his disappointment on not being picked by saying that the whole process of franchises bidding for certain players in IPL can often come across as an unfair procedure and he fails to understand it. 

"Yes, it’s not fair all the time, it’s unfair," he had told Times Now. "You see so many uncapped players like youngsters coming into Ranji trophy, putting up a good show and then getting a chance. But when you see players at a very young age, who don’t even make it to the Ranji trophy team or the state team in any of the formats, or even in any one format, and have no experience suddenly get picked."

"But having said that, I am not saying this out of anger whatsoever towards any of the youngsters who get the opportunity. That’s what I said, it’s a professional world where everything is possible."

Link - https://circleofcricket.com/category/IPL/35495/ipl-2019-manoj-tiwary-attends-trials-for-replacements-seeking-delhi-capitals?fbclid=IwAR1c1yqDBH7IswUL95Nx9Ce-QhvC7WFWQpJNwLF7yOghmgrGVWTvcpxY-k4

At 33, when you are aware your chances are limited, and want to remain in cricket, why not go into coaching, maybe in the future who knows an IPL franchise might make you head coach instead having to appoint foreign coaches

Too many players in 30-40 are bracket have unrealistic aspirations to continue playing IPL and when miss out stick around in media roles waiting for call-up