Sign in to follow this  
I6MTW

Is this the most open IPL yet?

Half the season's over.

Other than CSK, no team looks certain to qualify yet, 5 of the teams are closely in contention with similar no of wins. 

Even RR, and RCB aren't ruled out completely yet. 

Edited by I6MTW

RCB needs a miracle at this point to get to top 4. If you ask me, two top teams this season has been CSK and KKR (mainly for Russell - take him out and it would be interesting to see how many games they win)

11 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Half the season's over.

Other than CSK, no team looks certain to qualify yet, 5 of the teams are closely in contention with similar no of wins. 

Edit: thread opened twice, Mods please delete one.

It's the most suspicious ipl I would say.

12 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Half the season's over.

On the contrary, 2 of the 8 teams being practically out of the tournament even before half way through, makes it far from being the most open IPL.

Practically ... 1 team through, 2 teams out of comp, 5 teams fighting for remaining 3 playoff spots ... so, out of 8 teams only 5 teams would need to be really invested in their matches for remaining half of the tournament .... that's quite ridiculous and far from being a competitive tournament.

For something like a 8 team, 14 games/team league, it will be competitive only if the win-loss differential is not more than (+ or -) 2 at any point for each team. CSK is +6, RR is -3, RCB is -5. The position of these 3 teams drastically reduces the competitiveness of this IPL.

The interesting, crucial and meaningful matches from here on would be the ones played by SRH, KXIP, KKR, MI and DC. Their W-L differentials are -1, 0, 0, 1, 2.