39 members have voted

1. 1. Who should bat at #4?

• KL Rahul
    • Shankar
    • Dhoni
    • DK
    • Floater position depending up the start

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/2019 at 04:00 AM

Basically, we have the following options:

• KL Rahul (appears to be in the best form among the choices)
  • Shankar (but could be out of contention after a few games)
  • Dhoni (need to slot him somewhere)
  • DK (is in the squad so can be given the responsibility)
  • Turn it into a floater position depending upon the situation 

Whom would you start with esp. in the first 3 games? Discuss and vote! Poll closes on May 31st.  

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Virat Kohli.

Rohit, Shikhar, KLPD in the top 3, with clear instructions to attack the bowling in the 2 over to 10 over timeframe.  Even if one wicket falls.  Let KLPD come in at #3 if Brohit won't give up his opening slot.  Let Virat bat at #4.  

Unfortunately it is a risky gambit. We should have tried this approach before, I agree with your idea but applying it directly in a high-stakes match, dunno conflicted :dontknow:

Edited by Gollum
2 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

What a shame,such a batting mad country and can't find a high-quality middle order bat .

we invested time and games on wrong players .. 

pandey and rayudu ..

raina was a potential #4/#5 candidate as well 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Unfortunately it is a risky gambit. We should have tried this approach before, I agree with your idea but applying it directly in a high-stakes match, dunno conflicted :dontknow:

Wrote an ICF "article" suggesting this about 20 months ago.   

But Virat batting at #4 on a regular basis means probably 30% fewer chances to rack up meaningless centuries in meaningless ODIs.   Go check endorsement incomes and you will find that white ball top order batsmen - i.e. Kohli, Sharma and Dhawan - are right up there in maximum ad income.  You think these arseholes are going to give up the gravy train just so the team gets 5% better and increases the chances of winning the WC?  

First three matches Shankar will play at 4. Being against tough opponenets in first three games, he will fail or fare just average in all three games.Virat will as usual lose patient and drop him and play DK at 4, who will rake up efficient 30 off 48 balls in one game and bottle up a big chase in the next game. Then Kohli drops him and he will play himself at 4 and include Rahul at 3 in two games. It will end like Mohali game where both not playing upto their potential and we will see Jadav at 4 Shankar at 6 in the next game then Dhoni at 4, Dk at 5, Shankar at 6 in the next.

All in all its going to be comedy gold in the wc with the middle order esp a inpatient captain at the helm.

1 hour ago, Sonix768 said:

First three matches Shankar will play at 4. Being against tough opponenets in first three games, he will fail or fare just average in all three games.Virat will as usual lose patient and drop him and play DK at 4, who will rake up efficient 30 off 48 balls in one game and bottle up a big chase in the next game. Then Kohli drops him and he will play himself at 4 and include Rahul at 3 in two games. It will end like Mohali game where both not playing upto their potential and we will see Jadav at 4 Shankar at 6 in the next game then Dhoni at 4, Dk at 5, Shankar at 6 in the next.

All in all its going to be comedy gold in the wc with the middle order esp a inpatient captain at the helm.

I think KL Rahul will bat at no.4  But what you say cannot be ruled out. I would have kept Shankar as a back up options. Seeing the bowling of Pandya and Jadhav (found out) i don't trust these guys with 10 overs.