Royals are a disgrace - appointing a convicted cheater Steve Smith as captain

chewy

What's so big deal? he hasn't fixed games like amir or many our past legends have done. Tampering has been done by many. What about faf then? he never got banned and is still captain of south african side even after being caught twice or thrice lol. Smith got banned for year and is back but still people crying.

8 minutes ago, zen said:

Served the ban, which a team like Ind may not have even imposed on its players for ball tampering .... Time to move on 

Served his ban and rightly allowed to play, but ball tampering was directly instructed under his leadership, it's just poor ethics and gamesmanship from Royals management, but no surprise since Shane Warne has been barking on and on how everyone been harsh on Smith

Really good decision. Smith is a quality captain and great leader he has proved his mettle as captain when he took dud team like pune into finals in  2017.

Never doubt his workmanship. Rahane on the other hand has been suckig balls as captain quite some time now. Absolutely deserves that sacking.

Technique frawd doesn't even deserve place in the squad let alone the captaincy.

52 minutes ago, putrevus said:

It is bit too much to call Steve Smith scum.Unlike many players in past he atleast admitted to his guilt.Tell me did Sachin, Dravid or any other player past or present admitted to tampering.

It is not the biggest crime , one year ban was harsh enough.

Because Sachin, dravid didn't tamper.

While I think RR could have waited for the next season or may have waited till Australia reinstated him as the captain but I dont think it's a big issue especially considering RRs position atm and their meek captain rahane going down the gutter