Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jusarrived

Riyan Parag is the next big thing

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

The 2018 U19 team was probably our best ever. Look at the number of players it has thrown into the mix. Shaw,Gill, Mavi, Nagarkoti, Kalra, Parag, Sharma, Anukul Roy and Porel

Probably a long time before we can make that call. Of the recent ones the 2004 squad that Rayudu led had Raina, Uthappa, Dhawan RP Singh, DK...

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/21/2019 at 11:05 AM, Forward Defence said:

The 2018 U19 team was probably our best ever. Look at the number of players it has thrown into the mix. Shaw,Gill, Mavi, Nagarkoti, Kalra, Parag, Sharma, Anukul Roy and Porel

There is nothing beating the 08 squad. 

All these have played prominent international/IPL cricket 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Other than Kohli and Jadeja no one else have done that well internationally.

Share this post


Link to post

1988 - Can't believe this SenthilNathan was the u19 captain for India. An average domestic bully. I see Atherton, Mongia in this match

 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/scorecard/329568/england-under-19s-vs-india-under-19s-2nd-match-mcdonalds-bicentennial-youth-world-cup-1987-88

 

After 10 years they played in 1998

 

Bhajji, Sehwag, Kaif, Sodhi

 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/scorecard/329636/india-under-19s-vs-kenya-under-19s-gavaskar-pool-icc-under-19-world-cup-1997-98

 

2000

Kaif (captain), Yuvraj, Sodhi

 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/scorecard/329860/bangladesh-under-19s-vs-india-under-19s-group-b-icc-under-19-world-cup-1999-00

 

2002

Pappu (captain), Irfan, 

opposition AMla (captain)

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/scorecard/330002/india-under-19s-vs-south-africa-under-19s-semi-final-icc-under-19-world-cup-2001-02

 

2004

 

Dhawan, Uthappa, Raina,  KKD (captain), RP singh . Atleast 2 had decent career

 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/scorecard/330085/india-under-19s-vs-pakistan-under-19s-semi-final-icc-under-19-world-cup-2003-04

 

2006

Pujara, Rohit, Chawla, Jadeja

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/scorecard/236527/sri-lanka-under-19s-vs-india-under-19s-group-c-icc-under-19-world-cup-2005-06

 

PUjara was the highest run getter.  Gaurav Dhiman was an aggressive opener. Had strike rate in excess of 100 as an opener

 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=2616;type=tournament

Share this post


Link to post

His technique particularly backlift and stance is similar to KL rahul though his physical build is shorter.But i still have doubts on his footwork.Excellent prospect for a 17 yr old though.If he can improve his footwork he will be a future india player.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

His technique particularly backlift and stance is similar to KL rahul though his physical build is shorter.But i still have doubts on his footwork.Excellent prospect for a 17 yr old though.If he can improve his footwork he will be a future india player.

He isn't short. Around 5'11-6 feet. He looks short because of his build. Taller than both Dravid and Kohli. Kohli is 5'10, Dravid 5'11.

images (10).jpeg

images (9).jpeg

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Steve smith is 5'9" this guy looks  an inch taller possibly 5'10" 

 

Dravid is 5'11 and Riyan is taller than him.

 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Kohli is 5'10" lol No effing way. he is at best 5'9" or less. 

Dhoni is 5'9, Kohli an inch taller than him.

 

 

Virat-Kohli-and-MS-Dhoni.jpg

kohli16012019_0_0.jpeg

dhoni-poses-big-threat-to-kohli-led-rcb-in-ipl-opener-1400x653-1553075474_1100x513.jpg

download.jpg

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post

This guy continues to impress

Has to be find.of this year IPL

 

Going to get big bids next auction 

 

Selectors need to take a punt and get him.into t20I, just like they did with Bumrah, Pandya,

 

Only 17 and smashing sixes with ease

Share this post


Link to post

He has excellent temperament for his age, but I cannot see him succeeding in Tests or (funnily) T20s. However, if he retains his temperament and works on skills, he can be an excellent No. 5 batsman for India in ODIs.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

He seems someone like Dhoni....

Street-Smart and make best use of his limited skills...

He showed signs of next Dhoni ...not in terms of keeping or helicopter shot but in terms calmness and match awareness

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/25/2019 at 11:40 PM, vvvslaxman said:

Kohli is 5'10" lol No effing way. he is at best 5'9" or less. 

Kohli is a strong 5'10 or a 5'11 easy. The lad is around 5'11 at the least guess he is as tall as Kohli.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

i also feel he could be a good finisher if groomed properly, from what little has been demonstrated in IPL he has a good head on his shoulder & knows how to bat in a crisis. Hope he gets the support required as if he continues to play from Assam, he might not get anywhere, he would have to be pulled out of the domestic quicksand.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, nsareen said:

i also feel he could be a good finisher if groomed properly, from what little has been demonstrated in IPL he has a good head on his shoulder & knows how to bat in a crisis. Hope he gets the support required as if he continues to play from Assam, he might not get anywhere, he would have to be pulled out of the domestic quicksand.

he is good enough to bat at 4,5 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/22/2019 at 7:23 PM, vvvslaxman said:

1988 - Can't believe this SenthilNathan was the u19 captain for India. An average domestic bully. I see Atherton, Mongia in this match

 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/scorecard/329568/england-under-19s-vs-india-under-19s-2nd-match-mcdonalds-bicentennial-youth-world-cup-1987-88

 

After 10 years they played in 1998

 

Bhajji, Sehwag, Kaif, Sodhi

 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/scorecard/329636/india-under-19s-vs-kenya-under-19s-gavaskar-pool-icc-under-19-world-cup-1997-98

 

2000

Kaif (captain), Yuvraj, Sodhi

 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/scorecard/329860/bangladesh-under-19s-vs-india-under-19s-group-b-icc-under-19-world-cup-1999-00

 

2002

Pappu (captain), Irfan, 

opposition AMla (captain)

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/scorecard/330002/india-under-19s-vs-south-africa-under-19s-semi-final-icc-under-19-world-cup-2001-02

 

2004

 

Dhawan, Uthappa, Raina,  KKD (captain), RP singh . Atleast 2 had decent career

 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/scorecard/330085/india-under-19s-vs-pakistan-under-19s-semi-final-icc-under-19-world-cup-2003-04

 

2006

Pujara, Rohit, Chawla, Jadeja

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/scorecard/236527/sri-lanka-under-19s-vs-india-under-19s-group-c-icc-under-19-world-cup-2005-06

 

PUjara was the highest run getter.  Gaurav Dhiman was an aggressive opener. Had strike rate in excess of 100 as an opener

 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=2616;type=tournament

Awesome post. Can you update from 2006 till now. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, maniac said:

Don’t rate him. Another Jadeja

You don't rate Jaddu in ODIs/T20s or in all formats? I rate him as an India ATG in Tests. Since 2016, he has avgd 42.2 with the bat and taken 5 wkts per match at an avg of 23.5. Even if it's mostly in Ind, these are incredible records.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...