Easter bomb blasts in Sri Lanka

FischerTal

just like that, almost 300 people were butchered and we are saying these attacks dont make sense. I want to know if you think any killing make sense to you?

India was attacked, captured, and people were killed, raped, looted but India is never known for extremist ideology. 

Dont justify killing. It never justifies.

3 hours ago, R!TTER said:

So you're saying the US has nothing to do with Islamic terror spiraling control after 9/11 is it or the fact that US also funded these terrorists for decades?

the former. Its not spiralling out of control, its just slightly more than their last 50 year average. Internet has created a news connectivity that makes it seem like 'OMFG like never before' but its information overload, nothing else.

49 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

Sri Lankan govt confirms national thowheed Jamaath behind attack. They failed to act upon 3 intelligence alerts given by a friendly country.

They were probably trying to appease the minority or another friendly country, being too PC has its consequences of course we still don't know the reason behind the attacks.

37 minutes ago, Jvoxx said:

The Sinhalese are mainly Buddhists,  in that case a terrorist group would target Buddhist Shrines than organize attacks in Church. 

You're too stupid for your own good, don't you know more about your BFFs in South Asia? Sinhalese are descendants from a Hindu Kingdom, now speaking a common language. The attacks were obviously targeting westerners & Christians, so who could pull this off apart from everyone's favorite :hatsoff:

Ignorance (or stupidity) about Sinhalese? The fact that he's tying Sinhala majority to Buddhist & bringing in the fake angle that a third party (India?) could have tried to wedge the divide? But I'm sure you knew that right :hmpf:

Ignorance can be good if you're living in a world of fairies, however feigning ignorance is easily the worst as far as I'm concerned.

2 hours ago, Jvoxx said:

The Sinhalese are mainly Buddhists,  in that case a terrorist group would target Buddhist Shrines than organize attacks in Church. 

they were also probably on their list.

The thing is that the christian community were considered neutrals in the ethnic conflict with both sinhala and tamils christians.

In contrast both hindu and buddhist places of worship are mostly exclusive to Tamils or Sinhalese and in the process of the decades old civil war have added layers of protection in terms of security.

Accounts emerging thus far suggest there was no protection and these terrorists walked in with backpacks without much fuss. They had plans to attack the airport but there was a security provision there. 

Case of the lowest hanging fruit before attention was drawn to them....

1 hour ago, ProudLiberal said:

I have heard "too smart for your own good", what is "too stupid for your own good"? How can any amount of stupid be for one's good? 

Ignorance is bliss and good for liberals ? It applies in that context. They voted the gande family for 60 years and ask where is the development in last 5 years. 

I am curious about the response in both SL and India.

India would be very stupid to ignore the threats given the youth from south india who have gone to fight for ISIS and the rise of PFI.

What happened in SL is just the precursor of the what will happen in South India is proper steps are not taken. 

2 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

I am curious about the response in both SL and India.

India would be very stupid to ignore the threats given the youth from south india who have gone to fight for ISIS and the rise of PFI.

What happened in SL is just the precursor of the what will happen in South India is proper steps are not taken. 

This is my concern as well. Hyderabad, tamilnadu and Kerala all could have problems. Even Goa for that matter.