Jump to content
SK_IH

England's probable WC XI - Brutal hitters and varied bowling

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Roy

Bairstow

Root

Morgan

Buttler

Stokes

Ali

Woakes/Willey

Archer

Rashid

Wood

 

Beat this team and win the WC. I have assumed Archer will play the WC.

 

Compare it with our Team  full of box office actors

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

Roy

Bairstow

Root

Morgan

Buttler

Stokes

Ali

Woakes/Willey

Archer

Rashid

Wood

 

Beat this team and win the WC. I have assumed Archer will play the WC.

 

The only weak link here is Root...a better and consistent version of hahane in shorter formats. Gets mostly 50s and then gets out. Struggles to get going.

I would replace him with Bairstow as that guy can bat anywhere depending on the situation and excel.

 

Roy

Hales

Bairstow

Morgan

Butler

Stokes

Ali

 

Top 7 is just too strong.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

The only weak link here is Root...a better and consistent version of hahane in shorter formats. Gets mostly 50s and then gets out. Struggles to get going.

I would replace him with Bairstow as that guy can bat anywhere depending on the situation and excel.

 

Roy

Hales

Bairstow

Morgan

Butler

Stokes

Ali

 

Top 7 is just too strong.

 

 

 

Root is their best batsman lol not a weak link

Share this post


Link to post

Roy                                        Warner

Bairstow                                  Finch

Root                                         Khawaja/Marsh

Morgan                                    Smith

Buttler                                     Maxwell

Stokes                                     Stoinis  

Ali                                             Carey  

Woakes/Willey                          Starc

Archer                                     Cummins

Rashid                                     Zampa

Wood                                      Jhye 

 

Bolded ones indicate better. Others not sure, depends on what form they bring to the WC, don't see why Maxwell can't match Butler, Smith=Morgan or Stoinis w.r.t current version of Stokes. And Oz will peak at the right time as always in WCs, be mentally tougher in KO stage, better squad depth too especially in the bowling department which is key in a long WC campaign. Beat this Oz team to win the WC.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Roy                                        Warner

Bairstow                                  Finch

Root                                         Khawaja/Marsh

Morgan                                    Smith

Buttler                                     Maxwell

Stokes                                     Stoinis  

Ali                                             Carey  

Woakes/Willey                          Starc

Archer                                     Cummins

Rashid                                     Zampa

Wood                                      Jhye 

 

Bolded ones indicate better. Others not sure, depends on what form they bring to the WC, don't see why Maxwell can't match Butler, Smith=Morgan or Stoinis w.r.t current version of Stokes. And Oz will peak at the right time as always in WCs, be mentally tougher in KO stage, better squad depth too especially in the bowling department which is key in a long WC campaign. Beat this Oz team to win the WC.

It's my prophesy, Eng will knock Aus out this WC

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

It's my prophesy, Eng will knock Aus out this WC

Hope they do so in the SF, I don't want us to meet 5 time world champs in the summit clash. 

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post

Their bowling isn't world class, and can concede runs, but that batting lineup goes all the way till 10 giving the top order security to play with freedom, and the power in the top order is just immense; they can chase down anything. Their matches at Nottingham will be fun to watch, play Pak there .

 

After the WC India need to model their batting on England, unfortunately we do not have the depth in all rounders- that is Englands big strength 4 or 5 good to decent all rounders in the XI-  but we need to start get the power hitters in the squad .

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Roy                                        Warner

Bairstow                                  Finch

Root                                         Khawaja/Marsh

Morgan                                    Smith

 Buttler                                     Maxwell

Stokes                                     Stoinis  

Ali                                             Carey  

Woakes/Willey                          Starc

Archer                                     Cummins

Rashid                                     Zampa

Wood                                      Jhye 

 

Bolded ones indicate better. Others not sure, depends on what form they bring to the WC, don't see why Maxwell can't match Butler, Smith=Morgan or Stoinis w.r.t current version of Stokes. And Oz will peak at the right time as always in WCs, be mentally tougher in KO stage, better squad depth too especially in the bowling department which is key in a long WC campaign. Beat this Oz team to win the WC.

Not sure I can agree with Maxwell and Stoinis being on par with Stokes and Buttler in recent years or Zampa being better than Rashid. I'd also put Woakes as an all-round package on par with Starc recently. Some stats since the last world cup for these comparisons:

 

Maxwell: Ave 31.73 @ 117.44, Ave 59.18 @ 5.70
Buttler : Ave 49.00 @ 123.07, Keeping

 

Stoinis: Ave 38.52 @ 93.49, Ave 46.23 @ 6.14

Stokes: Ave 46.30 @ 97.46, Ave 43.00 @ 6.11

 

Starc: Ave 25.59 @ 5.22, Ave 7.86 @ 95.16

Woakes: Ave 29.84 @ 5.36, Ave 35.50 @ 100.47

 

Zampa: Ave 35.45 @ 5.59 Ave 7.07 @ 63.46

Rashid: Ave 28.93 @ 5.58, Ave 19.54 @ 99.36

Edited by Stumped

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Stumped said:

Not sure I can agree with Maxwell and Stoinis being on par with Stokes and Buttler in recent years or Zampa being better than Rashid. I'd also put Woakes as an all-round package on par with Starc recently. Some stats since the last world cup for these comparisons:

 

Maxwell: Ave 31.73 @ 117.44, Ave 59.18 @ 5.70
Buttler : Ave 49.00 @ 123.07, Keeping

 

Stoinis: Ave 38.52 @ 93.49, Ave 46.23 @ 6.14

Stokes: Ave 46.30 @ 97.46, Ave 43.00 @ 6.11

 

Starc: Ave 25.59 @ 5.22, Ave 7.86 @ 95.16

Woakes: Ave 29.84 @ 5.36, Ave 35.50 @ 100.47

 

Zampa: Ave 35.45 @ 5.59 Ave 7.07 @ 63.46

Rashid: Ave 28.93 @ 5.58, Ave 19.54 @ 99.36

But stats aren't everything, we have our eyes also to help. Otherwise Rayudu will appear as a better bat than Kane/Smith.

Share this post


Link to post

Almost same team choked in 2017 ct. I know team will beat any side in world but this is icc tournament and in pressure they haven't done anything worth mentioning yet. This might be first time but will have to wait and see. India, Aus and even Pak have been there and done it before.

Share this post


Link to post

I like that we start as underdogs. Pressure is on Eng. I am more worried about Aus considering they beat us at Home. India just couldn’t handle Zampa, Lion, Cummins. India’s menaces are not even selected ( Handscomb and Turner ) 

I think Ind would run Eng close. I am not sure about Aus. It’s a mental thing.

Share this post


Link to post

To all those overrating Aus over Eng about their supposed great mental strength should remember in the last 3 years, Eng has beaten Aus mercilessly whether it was in CT2017 or in Aus or in Eng.

Regarding bowling, Eng has a good enough bowling attack if Archer plays the WC. 2 fast bowlers. one leggie, one all rounder in Woakes or Willey and Ali/ Stokes, this is good variety of options to have  and they may be not the best bowling attack in the World Cup  but they will not be far behind as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Won't win it. They're bottling cunts like Yorkshire.

 

Will be the last chance as the ECB are downgrading the domestic 50 over competition to a "development competition" from next year in favour of the hundred ****

Share this post


Link to post

best chance for england ..

but aussies have a better team with good bowlers ..

 

if the pitches turns out to be little slow because of hot summer , both england and aussies will be polishing our shoes :aha:

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, velu said:

best chance for england ..

but aussies have a better team with good bowlers ..

 

if the pitches turns out to be little slow because of hot summer , both england and aussies will be polishing our shoes :aha:

Our batsman are worse playing spin than other teams. gone those days when we were proud of having great players of spin.

 

and no please don't mention thala back in reply as great player of spin.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, YCCC said:

Won't win it. They're bottling cunts like Yorkshire.

 

Will be the last chance as the ECB are downgrading the domestic 50 over competition to a "development competition" from next year in favour of the hundred ****

They are overwhelming favorites. But something tells me they will implode against spin in a crucial match. Not sure which team.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

They are overwhelming favorites. But something tells me they will implode against spin in a crucial match. Not sure which team.

Doesn't have to be spin. They can implode against anything that isn't gunbarrel straight medium pace. Could be the Aussie, SA or Windies quicks or NZ seam and swing on a damp overcast day in Durham

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, YCCC said:

Won't win it. They're bottling cunts like Yorkshire.

 

Will be the last chance as the ECB are downgrading the domestic 50 over competition to a "development competition" from next year in favour of the hundred ****

i dont understand the obsession with 100 when we already have a 120. After few years, they will start 60 and then 10 where every player will play just one ball to score as many as he can in that one ball and every ball will be bowled by different player means all ten other than wk will have to bowl one ball each. each innings 20 minutes, 10 min break and game over in 50 mins. what an idea! Need to send it ECB ASAP. Need to patent it. :woot:

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Doesn't have to be spin. They can implode against anything that isn't gunbarrel straight medium pace. Could be the Aussie, SA or Windies quicks or NZ seam and swing on a damp overcast day in Durham

You are a modest fan I must say. This is probably the best time for England to win a World Cup. If they fail this they may never win. 

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

You are a modest fan I must say. This is probably the best time for England to win a World Cup. If they fail this they may never win. 

Just used to failure from English teams. Only world tournaments our men have won in my lifetime are T20 before anyone took it seriously and rugby which I don't care about

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, YCCC said:

Only world tournaments our men have won

Mate dont forget 1966 and there is still a chance to win football Nations league in June..erm sorry I guess you were born after 1966:)

Edited by neel roy

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/21/2019 at 8:21 PM, SK_IH said:

Roy

Bairstow

Root

Morgan

Buttler

Stokes

Ali

Woakes/Willey

Archer

Rashid

Wood

 

Beat this team and win the WC. I have assumed Archer will play the WC.

 

As I said, now NZ have to beat Eng and win the world cup. England were always the strongest side in the world cup, with least loopholes. Those defeats against mediocre sides got them fired up

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...