zen

Will Rohit turn the page in the WC?

4 hours ago, Clarke said:

They can't be ignored altogether by the astute observer. It's not a measure of the utility of the knock or player contribution but the measure of player quality if deciphered in an unbiased manner.

In your attention whoring & blind worship you will obviously come up with these idiotic standards and comparisons, include this metric but ignore that and then whine if someone calls them out. But then one shouldn't be surprised given your ghise pite threads beating the same dead horse. I'm actually surprised your other IDs haven't been pressed into service to agree with you. 

:laugh: patting yourself on the back as an “astute observer”  that should get it done.

Also you are back to the whole multiple id and trolling crap. You know what I can’t beleive I am even explaining this but I am sure most people here figure out  when something is in the zone of a fun banter/ harmless trolling or when there is an actual point being made. You seem to be a moron who fails to make that distinction.   

19 minutes ago, maniac said:

:laugh: patting yourself on the back as an “astute observer”  that should get it done.

Also you are back to the whole multiple id and trolling crap. You know what I can’t beleive I am even explaining this but I am sure most people here figure out  when something is in the zone of a fun banter/ harmless trolling or when there is an actual point being made. You seem to be a moron who fails to make that distinction.   

Reminds me of someone doing something similar with "cricket acumen"  :p:

Edited by philcric

Already got a chance (dropped) against Aus :lol:

"Starc to Sharma, 2 runs, Dropped by Coulter-Nile diving to his right from short midwicket. The ball bursts out of his hands. Coulter-Nile throws himself to his right and attempts the catch with his right hand - but it does not stick. Rohit has a life. Very full on the pads, chipped in the air and Rohit gets away"

Edited by zen

Outstanding performance from Rohit Sharma so far in the tournament. In the absence of Shikhar Dhawan, has even bigger responsibility this time and he has delivered so far. His fortunes in the remaining games would directly coincide with India’s chances, one feels 

1 hour ago, zen said:

Teams did not take his catches :dontknow:  .... but made good use of the chances as every time he was dropped went on to score a 50+ score .... Only if some of the others got these many chances as well! 

it's just as well Dhoni didn't get so many chances. otherwise we would see endless tuk-tuking from him

7 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The statsguru filter expert still trying to console himself/herself using on3 excuse or the other. Delusions truly have no cure

Didn't he make 10+ threads on rohit proving him as minnow basher & we should drop him for pant/rahul (as opener)

4 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Don't want to jinx him, but guy is in beast mode and covering for the below-par Kohli. Let's appreciate what we've got :clap:
All I hope now is for 1 big knock against Aussies this WC :pray:

Note that Kohli has not received any chances so far as IIRC so has done a good job 

Edited by zen

16 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The statsguru filter expert still trying to console himself/herself using on3 excuse or the other. Delusions truly have no cure

7 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Didn't he make 10+ threads on rohit proving him as minnow basher & we should drop him for pant/rahul (as opener)

I find these two dunderheads to be usually posting against me (I can expect some sore loser to be going around like this but I don't even recall stepping on their tails) :hmmm:

16 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Happens when a teen age kid gets a new tool and does not quite know how best to use it. Add to that the likelihood of this buffoon possibly getting dropped on his/her head. Nothing else can explain such deranged and delusional fantasies and those 60 threads every hour before the WC.

Note that Kohli has not received any chances so far as IIRC so has done a good job 
Runs are ultimately runs. These dropped chances are merely footnotes (coping mechanism) for people affected by it.
Who was the best batsman in Ind-Eng test series - Kohli? How many drops for his 590 odd runs?

Opposition fluffed the chance offered which great players capitalize on while average players give the next chance.

27 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Runs are ultimately runs. These dropped chances are merely footnotes (coping mechanism) for people affected by it.
Who was the best batsman in Ind-Eng test series - Kohli? How many drops for his 590 odd runs?

Opposition fluffed the chance offered which great players capitalize on while average players give the next chance.

I am only suggesting that Kohli performance w/o any drops (from what I recall) is very good 

PS Note that Rohit has received abnormally high chances though in white ball cricket. Even during the match, they showed a graphic on his drops  

Edited by zen

5 world cup hundreds, 4 in a winning cause. World records broken, India in the group stages get the result of 7-1. Rohit sharma did his job.

I'm not expecting him to hit any 100s in Semis or Final simply due to law of averages and pressure games, he could surprise us as he has done already and score another 100, but i'll take a 50-75 score. We have rahul in form, kohli, pant, pandya and the rest can be done by dhoni and DK. We may also play jadeja. 

So well done rohit sharma, and all the best for the knockout games :)

In many of the games, Rohit played like I would have liked him to play. In some of the games (such as vs. Eng and Aus), he could have done better (in terms of SR). Overall, I will give him a pat on his back for his performances so far. 

31 minutes ago, zen said:

In many of the games, Rohit played like I would have liked him to play. In some of the games (such as vs. Eng and Aus), he could have done better (in terms of SR). Overall, I will give him a pat on his back for his performances so far

I'm sure Rohit will graciously acknowledge your encouraging pat and strive to even better his  thus far stellar performances in the WC. 

Edited by Mariyam

11 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I'm sure Rohit will graciously acknowledge your encouraging pat and strive to even better his  thus far stellar performances in the WC. 

I am sure Rohit will graciously thank you for letting me know this on his behalf! 

4 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

One word that keep repeating - delusional 

While you keep trying to engage with me, I don't care what you think .... I don't even know who you are (and I don't read your posts in general) .... there are dime a dozen fanboys around for me to worry what some crackpot in some part of the world thinks about me or my opinion :hysterical: 

Maybe you debated/discussed with me using some other irrelevant ID .... Stop quoting me, dude! I have “zero” interest in your views :facepalm:

PS  skimmed through the thread  .... only posts by this crackpot on this thread:

Waiting for those amazing statsguru filters to show how useless this 100 was. If not now, I am sure it will feature some day in those lists that you make showing it as the slowest ever 100

Haha this time it's not the weird statsguru filter but "unlucky' opposition!

Someone has let loose the circus clown to entertain all of us

Happens when a teen age kid gets a new tool and does not quite know how best to use it. Add to that the likelihood of this buffoon possibly getting dropped on his/her head. Nothing else can explain such deranged and delusional fantasies and those 60 threads every hour before the WC.

only wants to comment on me  :rofl:

PPS Can someone tell me his old/other ID if he had one  :dance:

Edited by zen

8 hours ago, zen said:

While you keep trying to engage with me, I don't care what you think .... I don't even know who you are (and I don't read your posts in general) .... there are dime a dozen fanboys around for me to worry what some crackpot in some part of the world thinks about me or my opinion :hysterical: 

Maybe you debated/discussed with me using some other irrelevant ID .... Stop quoting me, dude! I have “zero” interest in your views :facepalm:

PS  skimmed through the thread  .... only posts by this crackpot on this thread:

only wants to comment on me  :rofl:

PPS Can someone tell me his old/other ID if he had one  :dance:

Read each of those posts again, this time slowly for your 2 yr old brain to grasp the message properly. If not, ask someone a bit mature to read them for you. Will help.

Each post is a reminder to you of the gibberish (and tons of them) you spouted prior to the WC. Nearly 6 weeks into the WC and you still continue to live in your fantasies. And the best retort you have is ‘other id’.

You need urgent medical care, and the internet taken away from you ASAP.