Petition to include Pant in the WC squad

zen

Dhoni - grandpa should retire .he has singlehandedly blocked pant . 

Kohli - sack him as captain ( read his lines of Dhoni and u might think he is talking about Safdar Patel or mahatma Gandhi or shaheed Bhagat Singh )

shastri - we lost South Africa and England cos of his intentions 

pant stands no chance against such giants 

I pray we exit before the last 4 - pant will then walk in as captain and we begin a golden era hopefully under Dravidian glory 

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

thats why I feel  this to and fro circus of no4 and keepers deserve one final twist and Pant comes into the squad. One final climb down of selectors in not unthinkable :rotfl:

They should have at least said, "Squad is provisional". It would be unfair if they switch player without rhyme or reason. All those who got selected probably already be dreaming about the world cup. Suddenly if you go tell him "You will be dropped". It will not be fair. Having said that any injury means Pant will be the first to get a chance. (you never know with Kohli,  He might pick Rayudu for his biriyani)

15 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

They should have at least said, "Squad is provisional". It would be unfair if they switch player without rhyme or reason. All those who got selected probably already be dreaming about the world cup. Suddenly if you go tell him "You will be dropped". It will not be fair. Having said that any injury means Pant will be the first to get a chance. (you never know with Kohli,  He might pick Rayudu for his biriyani)

I have a feeling kissi ki tou bali chadegi before May 22

28 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Kohli has the history of niggling people out. Wouldn't be surprised if they announce Jadhav has another hamstring injury and get Pant in his place 

Is anyone else not convinced with Pant's keeping ? This isn't about supporting Dhoni or DK but having the best wicketkeeper batsman in the XI. Among the three, I feel much more confident with Dhoni having the gloves & Pant followed by DK on the crease in international cricket. 

Such a shame, the process of giving youngsters chance for WC position should have started in 2016/17. 

MSD movie was coming on tv the other day and that video conference with selectors came up. I laughed at the hypocrisy. If they make a movie in Kohli would his loyalty to MS show up ? Maybe not :/

Edited by Clarke

I hope he is not included now. Kohli, Shastri, MSK Prasad and gang will take that as an insult and will do everything to destroy his career. Dhoni will not be pleased either with Pant's constant threat over his head. In summary he will find himself in a very hostile environment.

Better for Pant to stay away from WC, if possible get a county contract (am sure he will be in demand if there is a spot available) and prepare well for WI tour.

Do hope he plays a few more gems in this IPL. Will be a great morale booster for him.