Petition to include Pant in the WC squad

zen

8 minutes ago, Nikola said:

It was kohli.

I doubt it.

Kohli is captain. He is a legit part of selection . They can say dk was selected in consultation with captain. They don't have to say mysteriously....'a senior team member '.

Besides what has kohli got against Pant ? Even if he said,it is to keep the beard happy.

Not like dk is better than kohli in captaincy.

Edited by beetle
1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I hope he is not included now. Kohli, Shastri, MSK Prasad and gang will take that as an insult and will do everything to destroy his career. Dhoni will not be pleased either with Pant's constant threat over his head. In summary he will find himself in a very hostile environment.

Conspiracy theories. Pant fans still suffering from the after-effects of concussion after banging their head against the wall so many times while watching Pant play a retarded shot to get himself out.

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Vaughan has a theory- thats if dhoni got injured kohli needed someone who behind the stumps who can help him in captaincy......

If thats the case kohli shud resign as captain coz he has no confidence in his leadership . Neways Dk has been very shitty with his captaincy for KKR

In hindsight, this has been a complete shocker, Pant got two ODIs this year and has been dropped based on that and in his place came in a has been who played a total of 5 matches this year before getting dropped for the former. This betrays high level of incompetency both on part of selectors and Virat.

2 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Conspiracy theories. Pant fans still suffering from the after-effects of concussion after banging their head against the wall so many times while watching Pant play a retarded shot to get himself out.

No conspiracy theory but what is likely to happen IF Pant was to get included now.

As for playing retarded shots,  a guy playing retarded shots and SCORING runs anyday over some strokeless wonders some of whom are still mentally fragile after 15 years of int'l cricket on and off and some others '3D players'  not good enough to bowl even in IPL.

Pant is a multi utility player, who can be used as 

* opener to get Ind off the blocks quickly to leverage on PP and set the tone

* as a lower order hitter to combine with Pandya to add fire power to the batting line up 

* can also keep to replace Dhoni 

Players he can replace:

* Rohit as an opener

* Jadhav, Shankar and DK as a lower order big hitter

* Dhoni as a WK 

Therefore, too dangerous to be included in the squad esp. when two of the players are part of TM :phehe:

3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

As for playing retarded shots,  a guy playing retarded shots and SCORING runs anyday over some strokeless wonders some of whom are still mentally fragile after 15 years of int'l cricket on and off and some others '3D players'  not good enough to bowl even in IPL.

What runs? His average in 4 ODI innings is 23.25 (worse than Afridi) and his T20I average is 19.41. He's already shown his ability in this IPL to throw away his wicket when the game seems to be won and put his team in trouble.

40 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

What runs? His average in 4 ODI innings is 23.25 (worse than Afridi) and his T20I average is 19.41. He's already shown his ability in this IPL to throw away his wicket when the game seems to be won and put his team in trouble.

DK has shown the immense potential of throwing away his wkts for last decade and a half, so Pant at least deserved dozen more games to come to a conclusion. 

19 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

DK has shown the immense potential of throwing away his wkts for last decade and a half, so Pant at least deserved dozen more games to come to a conclusion. 

On the contrary, Karthik has 4 not outs in 10 innings since 2018 at an average of 40.33. If anything, he's an accumulator in the mould of Dhoni.

Pant played enough ODIs and T20Is to come to be able to come to this conclusion.

8 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

On the contrary, Karthik has 4 not outs in 10 innings since 2018 at an average of 40.33. If anything, he's an accumulator in the mould of Dhoni.

Pant played enough ODIs and T20Is to come to be able to come to this conclusion.

I have been a critic of Pant but he brings in a hitting potential into Ind's stale lineup, which was worth investing in. And looks to be in better touch than DK anyways at the moment.

I have been disappointed with Pant's LOI's returns so far but keep this discussion about ODIs only where he definitely has been given a short shrift. 

If Pant gets picked and fails in a crucial match he will be crucified. Don’t think he has that many fans as we think. Dhoni is like a cult figure all over India.

Pant's fame is purely dependent on Dhoni and also A lot of hyperbolic expectation

He likely has powerful backers and the media hypes him intensely.

This creates many "fans" who aren't necessarily devoted fans but merely who buys into the hype and started to expect bucketloads from a youngster who's just starting out.

And there are Dhoni fans who gets pissed off by all the rampant promotion and potential "downgrading" of their Thala.

He must have got dedicated fans but his fame is entirely gained from the polarisation he creates from Dhoni"s incumbency

I know he made a lot of money from it but the no1 thing Cricket experts/lobbyists need to stop doing is to pretend Rishabh Pant is this Hard Hitting Super special Messiah who will hit a 30 ball 100 every frigging match.

He's not. He might be talented and all but ultimately he's just another player trying to get into the National Team and get some ads.

I think all the reactionary petitioning and whining about Rishabh Pant and indirectly forcing selectors to select him the moment is dropped is doing more harm than good to him.

And then we are immediately attacking him and talking **** about him on net when team management finally falls prey to our whining and includes him in team. He gets pressurized by the burden of expectations and drops the ball.

So gets dropped.

And then we whine again.

Rinse and repeat.

I would have supported why not Pant fans if it was a random ODI series but this Is WC for god's sake.why force a newly inducted novice into a team who has done nothing in the big league.

I won't comment on how Talented Pant but half the problen derives from the fact that fans and experts overestimate his talent and puts pressure on him.

And he's someone who easily falls prey to this nonsense.

And IIRC, all the randirona to include Pant in WC team was started even when he was having a mostly flop IPL reason.

Says All about being reactionary.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, zen said:

Pant is a multi utility player, who can be used as 

* opener to get Ind off the blocks quickly to leverage on PP and set the tone

* as a lower order hitter to combine with Pandya to add fire power to the batting line up 

* can also keep to replace Dhoni 

Players he can replace:

* Rohit as an opener

* Jadhav, Shankar and DK as a lower order big hitter

* Dhoni as a WK 

Therefore, too dangerous to be included in the squad esp. when two of the players are part of TM :phehe:

Feel he can replace kohli as captain too ! Hence kohli blocked him

5 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Pant's fame is purely dependent on Dhoni and also A lot of hyperbolic expectation

He likely has powerful backers and the media hypes him intensely.

This creates many "fans" who aren't necessarily devoted fans but merely who buys into the hype and started to expect bucketloads from a youngster who's just starting out.

And there are Dhoni fans who gets pissed off by all the rampant promotion and potential "downgrading" of their Thala.

He must have got dedicated fans but his fame is entirely gained from the polarisation he creates from Dhoni"s incumbency

I know he made a lot of money from it but the no1 thing Cricket experts/lobbyists need to stop doing is to pretend Rishabh Pant is this Hard Hitting Super special Messiah who will hit a 30 ball 100 every frigging match.

He's not. He might be talented and all but ultimately he's just another player trying to get into the National Team and get some ads.

I think all the reactionary petitioning and whining about Rishabh Pant and indirectly forcing selectors to select him the moment is dropped is doing more harm than good to him.

And then we are immediately attacking him and talking **** about him on net when team management finally falls prey to our whining and includes him in team. He gets pressurized by the burden of expectations and drops the ball.

So gets dropped.

And then we whine again.

Rinse and repeat.

I would have supported why not Pant fans if it was a random ODI series but this Is WC for god's sake.why force a newly inducted novice into a team who has done nothing in the big league.

I won't comment on how Talented Pant but half the problen derives from the fact that fans and experts overestimate his talent and puts pressure on him.

And he's someone who easily falls prey to this nonsense.

And IIRC, all the randirona to include Pant in WC team was started even when he was having a mostly flop IPL reason.

Says All about being reactionary.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

I don’t get paid

i like his test batting

i like his fearlessness 

i dont watch indian tv 

pant deserves a chance ahead of jadeja Rohit DK and dhoni . Done much more in cricket last 12 months then all 4 - has shown more promise than a young dhoni