velu

BCCI ombudsman serves notices to Tendulkar, Laxman !!!

The BCCI's ombudsman-cum-ethics officer Justice DK Jain served notices to former India batsmen Sachin Tendulkar and VVS Laxman on Wednesday for their alleged conflict of interest for being part of IPL franchises' support staffs as well as serving as members of the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC). Justice Jain has given them time until April 28 to file their written responses.

While Laxman is Sunrisers Hyderabad's mentor, the Mumbai Indians website mentions Tendulkar as their icon.

This is the third case of conflict of interest allegation being filed during this IPL after former India captain Sourav Ganguly was summoned by Justice Jain for his triple role as the CAB president, CAC member as well as advisor of Delhi Capitals. The three former batsmen were part of the CAC that had picked the India coach Ravi Shastri in July 2017 in their last meeting.

In his notices sent to Tendulkar and Laxman, Justice Jain also stated that he had also asked the BCCI to file their response by April 28.

This is the third case of conflict of interest allegation being filed during this IPL after former India captain Sourav Ganguly was summoned by Justice Jain for his triple role as the CAB president, CAC member as well as advisor of Delhi Capitals. The three former batsmen were part of the CAC that had picked the India coach Ravi Shastri in July 2017 in their last meeting.

"A complaint has been received by the Ethics Officer of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (for short "the BCCI") under Article 39 of the Rules and Regulations of the BCCI, regarding certain acts, allegedly constituting as "conflict of interest" on your part," Justice Jain wrote in the notices.

"You may file your written response to the accompanying Complaint, supported by duly executed affidavit, on or before 28th April 2019, with the Office of the Ethics Officer, BCCI, Mumbai for further proceedings in the matter."

The ombudsman stated that their failure to respond to the notices would result in them not getting any further opportunity to file a response.

"On your failure to respond to the present notice, the Ethics Officer shall be constrained to proceed in your absence, without giving any further opportunity of filing a response to the Complaint, to you.

The complaints were filed by Sanjeev Gupta, a life member of the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association.

1182013_1296x729.jpg&w=920&h=518&scale=c

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26599957/bcci-ombudsman-serves-notices-sachin-tendulkar-vvs-laxman

In the past it happened with Dravid, Shastri. This year Ganguly, Sachin & VVS- correct me if I'm wrong but are these former giants so naive that they don't understand the meaning of conflict of interest? Already they're associated with BCCI in various capacities & along with that with different IPL teams too. 

2 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

Greedy people want as much money as they can.

Dude Sachin doesn’t get paid from mi. He stops only few times during matches it was evident from Netflix series on mi as well. I don’t know about Laxman.

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Dude Sachin doesn’t get paid from mi. He stops only few times during matches it was evident from Netflix series on mi as well. I don’t know about Laxman.

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/ipl/top-stories/ipl-does-icon-tendulkar-make-more-than-mentor-dravid/amp_articleshow/58760425.cms

Cricket committee as well as this mentor ship role both  seems like make beleive, time pass positions anyways. The only conflict I have here is that how are these guys getting paid millions for not doing any work while I have to live off of neem leaves and dry grass :((

As far as Ganguly goes he has the most blatant conflict of interest here as he is in an actual leadership role and then even though this mentorship is a time pass role like mentioned above, he can yield a lot more decision making powers especially since a lot of games are being played in Kolkata 

Edited by Global.Baba

Just now, Vilander said:

Sachin wants to make monies..he wants to make it at COA and also with slumdog millionaires, sachin wants more and more monies he wants to make from Rajya Sabha as well :laugh:

Yes while you and me are babas who hate making an extra buck,gave up riches  and live in jungles yay. Welcome and remember the dot :bow:

Just now, Global.Baba said:

Yes while you and me are babas who hate making an extra buck,gave up riches  and live in jungles yay. Welcome and remember the dot :bow:

no conflict of interest in my case though. For sachin lets see he can scratch ravi sashtri there and some england club here and can get scratched back everywhere...you know mutual scratching - i dont do that not sure about you though baba.

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

no conflict of interest in my case though. For sachin lets see he can scratch ravi sashtri there and some england club here and can get scratched back everywhere...you know mutual scratching - i dont do that not sure about you though baba.

it is conflict of interest and should not happen. I am only pointing out singling out Sachin here.  Accountability is lost at every level

39 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Cricket committee as well as this mentor ship role both  seems like make beleive, time pass positions anyways

Also owners can do some money laundering on the side as well :money: Before this you had the board BCCI and its president, the selection panel, manager/coach and the team. Nowadays you have CAB, COA, CAC, COC and maybe in the future would have PUS and ARS as well

37 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

it is conflict of interest and should not happen. I am only pointing out singling out Sachin here.  Accountability is lost at every level

There were threads about Dravid and Ganguly when the issue was raised regarding them.

Now sachin and laxman' s names have come up so people are pointing them out.

No one should be a holy cow or above rules.

42 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

there is no safety for your god here dude. greedy *needs to know that he should not have a conflict of interest.

Edited by beetle

This may not be popular opinion here but I have always thought Sachin Tendulkar is not as genuine as other greats like Viv Richards or Lara or Dravid. He has ulterior motives and uses his fame and power to manipulate proceedings

7 minutes ago, ForeignIPLFan said:

This may not be popular opinion here but I have always thought Sachin Tendulkar is not as genuine as other greats like Viv Richards or Lara or Dravid. He has ulterior motives and uses his fame and power to manipulate proceedings

For Example “foreign” IPL fan?

54 minutes ago, beetle said:

There were threads about Dravid and Ganguly when the issue was raised regarding them.

Now sachin and laxman' s names have come up so people are pointing them out.

No one should be a holy cow or above rules.

Dravid was unaware regarding the issue due to which he left as mentor of DD after 2017.

2 hours ago, Guest said:

dude why dont you create an account and post - some of us like views like yours here. There are plenty of sachin worshipers 

First of all the Indian captain(s) of the LOI formats - odi and t20 should not be allowed to be a captain of any of the IPL teams. There is tremendous conflict of interest here. However honest our captains are, you cannot help but think that the Indian LOI captain will favour players from his own franchise, inorder to increase his power in the team setup. 

Edited by Temujin Khaghan

4 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

I'm surprised that he has not started dreaming of Abhishek Sharma or Nadeem as potential players to play for India. Anyone who joins Srh he starts feeling they can be potential India players.

Stealing from @maniac mind from my third eye. He is not wrong 

Edited by Global.Baba

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/sachin-tendulkar-sourav-ganguly-and-vvs-laxman-being-made-soft-targets-bcci-official/story-yREKevFprrkAC5isldY3LM.html

Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman being made soft targets - BCCI official

Speaking to IANS, a senior BCCI official said that former cricketers are being made soft targets and these cases against Sourav Ganguly, Tendulkar and Laxman are nothing but another example of how the whole idea of conflict as noted in the newly registered constitution needs a re-look.

“This case is actually an illustration of the fallacy of the concept of conflict as codified in the BCCI constitution. No one had an issue when a particular individual was being targeted since that seemingly didn’t concern the rest of the world and it was serving the purpose of certain quarters. Now you have those same rules, which if applied thoroughly would keep Sachin, the greatest batsman ever, and Laxman away from either mentoring a group of emerging youngsters or from serving Indian cricket in other ways.

“The dilemma that Sachin would face is of optics. The CoA led BCCI has not even utilised his services and has even ignored his advice as part of a committee whose functioning is in doubt because of the manner in which they have been treated. A simple aspect of disclosure would address the issues concerned. Any which way you look at it, Indian cricket is the loser when you restrict the contribution of special individuals such as Sachin, Sourav and Laxman,” the official explained.

Another board official echoed the sentiments and said: “It is not the case that people who are employed and don’t have an apparent conflict are not favouring people. Take the example of the appointment of coaches, trainers etc. In the absence of a transparent system ad-hoc appointments that are inexplicable have been made. Appointments of GMs have been shrouded in secrecy and controversy and that’s conflict too. You have the Indian team’s trainer connected with his family’s training institute as per reports and he is all powerful in the decisions regarding trainers. It is just that Sachin, Sourav and Laxman are soft targets so they bear the brunt,” the official rued.

Earlier, Jain met Delhi Capitals advisor Ganguly as well as the complainants in a conflict of interest matter against the former India skipper. After a three-and-a-half-hour long discussion, Jain had asked all parties to give written submissions ahead of his verdict. The three cricket fans from West Bengal had questioned Ganguly’s position as advisor of the Delhi Capitals while he is part of the CAC and also the President of the Cricket Association of Bengal.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:25 PM, Guest said:

Cowardly guest lying about a legend. You have always thought so because because you are a small jealous man

Till date COA has not explained our role: angry VVS Laxman writes to Ombudsman

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/till-date-coa-has-not-explained-our-role-angry-vvs-laxman-writes-to-ombudsman/story-5al7MBeBbWAWc8IKm4JDbI.html

Livid with the conflict of interest allegation against him, former India batsman VVS Laxman has lambasted the Committee of Administrators’ handling of the Cricket Advisory Committee, alleging complete lack of communication from the Vinod Rai-led panel.

Laxman said the COA has been using the CAC only for selection of senior national coaches despite promising a broader role earlier.

Not known to be the most aggressive off the field, the stylish Hyderabadi, in his official response to Ombudsman-cum-Ethics-Officer, gave a rather aggressive rebuttal on the allegations of ‘Conflict of Interest’ while concluding that he is ready to “recuse” if found conflicted.

“On December 7, 2018, we had written to the the Committee of Administrators requesting them to clarify the scope of our role and responsibilities. To this date, there has been no reply. Since no tenure had been mentioned in the letter of intent issued in 2015, it was only reasonable to expect some communication on whether the CAC was still in existence. Unfortunately that hasn’t been forthcoming,” Laxman wrote in his affidavit filed through his lawyer.

Laxman, along with Tendulkar, replied to notices served by Ombudsman on complaint of Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) life member Sanjeev Gupta for performing dual role as mentors (Sunrisers in Laxman’s case) and CAC members.

“It will be worthwhile to note that the reason I agreed to be a member was because of the various inputs we were originally tasked with contributing towards the sustained growth of Indian cricket,” he wrote in his reply.

“The opportunity to be involved meaningfully in India’s climb towards becoming a cricketing superpower post retirement was privilege enough for me to turn down the offer of remuneration of being a part of CAC,” Laxman said in his affidavit, point 3 (c).

“The allegation of the complainant are baseless as we are in no manner selectors of either players or coaches and CAC is not a permanent body,” he wrote.

The pertinent points were 3 (d) and (e) where he criticised the COA, insisting that the body was never really forthcoming on the scope and role of CAC.

Laxman said the roles of the CAC as told to him in 2015 included focussing on improving performances of the national team overseas, creating a pathway to track a young cricketer’s career from U-19 to India A to the international team, ODIs and Test cricket for the country’s top players, managing workload for fast bowlers, means to improve the quality of Indian spinners, and education and life-skills for young cricketers.

Laxman said no such input was ever sought by the BCCI.

“None of the CAC members has (sic) been called on to give our opinion on any subjects except to be invited to be involved in the selection of national coaches and, once, the selection of junior national selectors. However, this is by no means a regular process and I am in no manner to be considered a selector.” Laxman also claimed that the COA did not even give the three-member committee -- the third member being Sourav Ganguly -- enough time to confirm availability to select the women’s head coach.

“In December 2018, we were given a little over 24 hours to confirm our availability to be on the panel to select the India women’s head coach. All three of us expressed our inability to participate in the process due to short notice and prior commitments,” Laxman said.

An ad-hoc committee, comprising Kapil Dev, Shantha Rangaswamy and Anshuman Gaekwad selected WV Raman as the head coach. Laxman urged the Ombudsman to view the “Conflict of Interest clause from the perspective of whether in the performance of my duties as a CAC member, I am being influenced by external factors. It is my respectful submission that when I am barely required to discharge any duties as a member of the CAC, which I wasn’t even sure existed due to the lack of communication until I received this notice, questions of any conflict of interest doesn’t arise,” wrote the veteran of 134 Tests and 8781 runs.

On 4/25/2019 at 3:50 AM, Turning_track said:

In the past it happened with Dravid, Shastri. This year Ganguly, Sachin & VVS- correct me if I'm wrong but are these former giants so naive that they don't understand the meaning of conflict of interest? Already they're associated with BCCI in various capacities & along with that with different IPL teams too. 

Dravid is cut from a different cloth. Don't place him in the league of fakers like bewda, very berry suck up and fake gods.

Sachin and VVS are one thing...this Ganguly guy is on another level - who some here claims to be "classy" is the chief of the cricket association of Bengal. 

He has relaid the Eden Gardens pitch, made sure it isn't a spin friendly track like Chepauk. KKR with it's spinners don't have the spin advantage nor the home advantage now.

Now he's with Delhi Capitals as a "coach" :giggle:

Another honorary position, eh?

@Gollum  @rkt.india @vvslaxman @beetle

12 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Sachin and VVS are one thing...this Ganguly guy is on another level - who some here claims to be "classy" is the chief of the cricket association of Bengal. 

He has relaid the Eden Gardens pitch, made sure it isn't a spin friendly track like Chepauk. KKR with it's spinners don't have the spin advantage nor the home advantage now.

Now he's with Delhi Capitals as a "coach" :giggle:

Another honorary position, eh?

@Gollum  @rkt.india @vvslaxman @beetle

Eden pitch was relaid 3-4 years ago and it has nothing to do with IPL and he isn't a coach. Coach is Ponting. He is mentor like SRT.