Sri Lanka - 

D4bIWZYW4AAQ1O7?format=jpg&name=medium

Pakistan - 

D4b8Tr_XkAI9CcZ?format=jpg&name=medium

Bangladesh - 

D4QYFqsWAAEwBQa?format=jpg&name=medium

West Indies - 

D5AwqA9UIAAsrMl?format=jpg&name=medium

Will update the changes ( if any ) to the squads before the deadline of May 23rd. 

Changes

SA - Chris Morris in for Anrich Nortje 

AUS - Kane Richardson in for Jhye Richardson

Edited by The Hound
24 minutes ago, zen said:

On paper, the top 5: 

Eng (also home advantage), Aus, SA, NZ and WI (batting fire power) .... Ind has good bowling attack but loses out on batting (if 3-4 of Rohit-Shankar-Jadhav-Dhoni in the 11) 

Zen bhai, looks like the pessimist in you is ruling the roost.  No *ing way are WI ahead of India in ODI cricket.  This is not the T20 WC.  For all their "firepower" WI are almost Pakistani in their (in)ability to consistently bat 50 overs productively.  Sure, on "their" day, they might hit 380.  But they are way more likely to end up with a sub-par 280 than they are to threaten 340.  And their bowling lacks teeth.  No wrist-spinner, not enough penetration with pace.  Just pedestrian. 

8 months ago, I would have put India comfortably ahead of Aus and NZ - now I think the gap has narrowed a bit.  The KulCha novelty factor keeps atrophying bit by bit, and the middle-order troubles have become consistently chronic.  While the top order's inconsistency and inability to fire early (i.e. Brohit) stands exposed.   Meanwhile, Australia have steadily improved their batting - they always had Maxwell's thump down the order - With the return of Smith and Warner, their top order will only get better.  Their pace bowling options are arguably the best in the world, and Zampa is a reasonably handy leggie for LOIs.  

NZ is doing its NZ thing - they have built their own poor man's version of the England squad - lacks batting depth in the squad, but if all the key players are fit and firing - Guptill, Munro, Kane, Taylor - that's a top order that can credibly threaten 350 batting first or 2nd.   Ish Sodhi is an extremely underrated leggie, I have to admit that I underrated him for the longest, but he's legit.  Santner is what Indian team wishes Jadeja was - both with bat and ball in ODIs.   In a nutshell, as usual the Kiwis have fashioned an XI that is worthy of being contenders.  

I'd still put India in the top 4 contenders - but last year, they were easily #1 or 2, with England. I think as of now, we're still marginally ahead of Aus/NZ, but not by much.  

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Zen bhai, looks like the pessimist in you is ruling the roost.  No *ing way are WI ahead of India in ODI cricket.  This is not the T20 WC.  For all their "firepower" WI are almost Pakistani in their (in)ability to consistently bat 50 overs productively.  Sure, on "their" day, they might hit 380.  But they are way more likely to end up with a sub-par 280 than they are to threaten 340.  And their bowling lacks teeth.  No wrist-spinner, not enough penetration with pace.  Just pedestrian. 

8 months ago, I would have put India comfortably ahead of Aus and NZ - now I think the gap has narrowed a bit.  The KulCha novelty factor keeps atrophying bit by bit, and the middle-order troubles have become consistently chronic.  While the top order's inconsistency and inability to fire early (i.e. Brohit) stands exposed.   Meanwhile, Australia have steadily improved their batting - they always had Maxwell's thump down the order - With the return of Smith and Warner, their top order will only get better.  Their pace bowling options are arguably the best in the world, and Zampa is a reasonably handy leggie for LOIs.  

NZ is doing its NZ thing - they have built their own poor man's version of the England squad - lacks batting depth in the squad, but if all the key players are fit and firing - Guptill, Munro, Kane, Taylor - that's a top order that can credibly threaten 350 batting first or 2nd.   Ish Sodhi is an extremely underrated leggie, I have to admit that I underrated him for the longest, but he's legit.  Santner is what Indian team wishes Jadeja was - both with bat and ball in ODIs.   In a nutshell, as usual the Kiwis have fashioned an XI that is worthy of being contenders.  

I'd still put India in the top 4 contenders - but last year, they were easily #1 or 2, with England. I think as of now, we're still marginally ahead of Aus/NZ, but not by much.  

Some good points there. In SENA, the SENA teams are a different force in WCs esp. if in form. Much has been written about Eng and Aus so won't delve into that.  NZ has the tendency to drag other teams down as well which enabled them to beat some fancy sides in the past. SA has a strong bowling attack and batting is likely to click in round robin games where KO pressure would be less esp. in the first 5-6 games. For me, Ind vs WI is closer than what it appears as good batting tracks add to WI's strength. While whatever Rohit-Shankar-Jadhav-Dhoni get is likely to be a bonus esp. if they do not mess things up. Rohit-Dhoni have a relatively poor ICC record too since 2013 vs. major teams so that is something they should look to address  

3 hours ago, zen said:

For me, Ind vs WI is closer than what it appears as good batting tracks add to WI's strength. While whatever Rohit-Shankar-Jadhav-Dhoni get is likely to be a bonus esp. if they do not mess things up

I actually think WI is a perfect bowling attack for Brohit to feast on.  No leggie, bit of pace, but not much skill in terms of moving the ball.  If he doesn't crap his pants, its a daddy hundred against WI for the taking for him.  

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I actually think WI is a perfect bowling attack for Brohit to feast on.  No leggie, bit of pace, but not much skill in terms of moving the ball.  If he doesn't crap his pants, its a daddy hundred against WI for the taking for him.  

Ind-WI game is at Manchester, which could be tricky