That one game in the World Cup!

R!TTER

Not involving India which you'd prefer to have ended differently :agree:

WC 1999 SF with SA winning in the end - that WC started the sheer juggernaut called Oz & since that fateful day Donald ran himself out, Aus have been unmatched in WC history & have also dominated tests for nearly a decade!

92 SF Pak vs NZ, NZ was the best team in that edition while Pak was damn lucky. And that NZ was such a trendsetter under skipper Crowe, would have loved to see them go on and lift the Cup. 

Edited by Gollum

I was at Auckland, watching NZ-SA semi final 2015 in the stadium.  Australia was already in final and I wanted to see SA-Aus final . It was very sad moment to see Styne and AB, ended their WC career that day without another go at the cup. It did not look like Styne will still be around in 2019.  Final at MCG which I watched in the stadium  was not like what it would have been Aust-SA or even Aus-India. 

3 hours ago, First class said:

I was at Auckland, watching NZ-SA semi final 2015 in the stadium.  Australia was already in final and I wanted to see SA-Aus final . It was very sad moment to see Styne and AB, ended their WC career that day without another go at the cup. It did not look like Styne will still be around in 2019.  Final at MCG which I watched in the stadium  was not like what it would have been Aust-SA or even Aus-India. 

India lost to Australia two days later :wp6:

Although sad for a good generation of Saffa players, it was deserving for the Kiwi players/home fans, some of whom I met in the crowd were at the Eden Park to witness the heartbreak & Inzi special 23 years ago!

I wish the result of the 2015 final was different. But losing BMac early killed the game for the Kiwis and for the crowd. I met their supporters the day after the final and they were mighty proud of their team!

36 minutes ago, Stutter said:

Although sad for a good generation of Saffa players, it was deserving for the Kiwi players/home fans, some of whom I met in the crowd were at the Eden Park to witness the heartbreak & Inzi special 23 years ago!

I wish the result of the 2015 final was different. But losing BMac early killed the game for the Kiwis and for the crowd. I met their supporters the day after the final and they were mighty proud of their team!

India-SA final would have been better than Aus-NZ match. I was at SCG at Aus-India SF, atmosphere was great due to so many Indians, imagine in the final ?

39 minutes ago, Stutter said:

Yes, BMac's early departure killed the match early , although it was am amazing experience to be part of record crowd, 93K, I think.