IPL has been a massive learning experience: KXIP’s Sam Curran - Exclusive Interview

Switchblade

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/ipl-has-been-a-massive-learning-curve-kxip-s-sam-curran-exclusive-interview/story-r3VjbNgpkJHvcbt3zakJ0H.html

“It has been a great learning experience for me. First time playing in India and I have to adjust my game according to the conditions. I have also learnt a lot of different skills while playing in the tournament and at the end of it, hopefully I will emerge a better player,” he told Hindustan Times.

“There are a lot of big names in our team and they are great players from all around the world. So, I tried to pick their brains during training and I also tried to learn from the local Indian players,” he said.

The biggest moment of the campaign for Curran came against Delhi Capitals when he became the youngest cricketer to take a hat-trick in the IPL. It was an inspired spell of bowling from the youngster under pressure but he made it clear that the bigger goal was to guide his team to victory.

“It was an amazing feeling but the bigger thing was that my team was able to win the game. We showed a lot of fight in that game and hopefully, we will be able to continue in the last few games.”

“The key for all the teams in the competition will be to find momentum. Whichever team will get the momentum towards the end of the tournament will probably go on to lift the title,” he opined.

While Curran has impressed everyone with his show in the IPL, he was not included in England’s preliminary squad for ICC World Cup 2019. When asked about England’s chances in the tournament, Curran sounded quite confident and said that once again momentum will be key for his national side.

“Momentum is a big thing in cricket and performing at the right time will be important at the World Cup. England have a very strong squad and hopefully, they can win the tournament. The other teams are also gearing up for the tournament and England need to find their form in the Pakistan series.”