Sam Billings on Dhoni's glove work

flamy

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

The way he flicks the ball on to the stumps without even looking is quite incredible.I find it even better that the stampings,Ishan kisan and Pant have tried it on a few occasions but they never seem to hit the stumps.

only Dickwella in recent times has potential to be close to Dhoni in terms of quickness in stumpings. He has aped the same technique

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

its perfect timing, remember Sabbir Rahman in WT20 :dontknow:

i mean. Fast hand is good but getting out is just tukka.  It is not like he watched batsman before affecting the stumps.  He gathered it and did it and fortunately for him, foot was in the air.  Dhoni does attempt stumpings many times in a game but not every time, it is out.  timing is nothing more than luck in this case.  fast hands is his specialty.  fast hand does not guarantee stumpings.  foot in the air when he is affecting stumping does, which is just pure luck.

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i mean. Fast hand is good but getting out is just tukka.  It is not like he watched batsman before affecting the stumps.  He gathered it and did it and fortunately for him, foot was in the air.  Dhoni does attempt stumpings many times in a game but not every time, it is out.  timing is nothing more than luck in this case.  fast hands is his specialty.  fast hand does not guarantee stumpings.  foot in the air when he is affecting stumping does, which is just pure luck.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Sabbir Rahman was not fast stumping.  he had ample time there to get the timing right.

you have just contradicted yourself by stating he had ample time in case of Sabbir's stuimping. The fact that he took the bails off the at the right time points to perfect timing. 

he is obviously watching the batsman and when he sees there is a chance he attempts the stumping, its not as if he is dislodging the bail every ball. 

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

you have just contradicted yourself by stating he had ample time in case of Sabbir's stuimping. The fact that he took the bails off the at the right time points to perfect timing. 

he is obviously watching the batsman and when he sees there is a chance he attempts the stumping, its not as if he is dislodging the bail every ball. 

He loves being pedantic.

A keeper standing behind a batsmen, knows the balance of the batsmen. Yeh there is luck involved, but it's also great skill. Going on about the luck factor ignores how skillful the stumping is

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

I find it funny how in Dhoni's case, luck is always brought up. It's like people can't digest how good he is. :cantstop:

He affected the same kind of stumping in the space of 3 balls. So, according to this, the luck factor seems to have a temporal spread, than just a spark in one moment. Would love to hear further research findings from Dr. @rkt.india  :hatsoff: