Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Dark Horse

Myth busted: Shahid Afridi's real age

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, singhprakash72 said:

I remember somewhere in 1997-98 in a game, Boycott commenting on TV looking at Lala's face " if he is 17 then I am 20 " 

Even in the latest WC - you should have seen the faces of their 2 opening bowlers - its like they shaved with 7 blades, right before stepping onto the field.  It was conspicuous how hard they tried to be clean-shaven.  Mohammed Musa I think one of them was, there's no way that guy was u19.  

 

Didn't matter much, still got spanked by big Papi.  As it should be.

Edited by sandeep

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, maniac said:

Was this ever a myth that he was 4-5 yrs older than his “official” age?

never a myth that he was older than his official age.. the myth was by how much?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Pak has been fudging dates rampantly ever since a certain teen prodigy debuted against them, ever since then they've had this uncontrollable itch to get someone younger than him to debut & IIRC that was Hasan raza in tests.

It is not pak but entire south Asian teams. Bone test should be mandatory and conducted by icc any team access of 2-4 hiding their age then that team should be barred from junior cricket.

 

BTW look at Rashid khan. On papers he is barely 20 but he could easily be in late 20s.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ShebbySB said:

He's 32-33 right now.

Wow, good find! Yes, he does look 30 or thereabouts. Looks like his year of birth got recorded as 1998 instead of 1988 for some reason.

Edited by nevada

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Among many include Sachin and Kambli to the list as well, pull up records from Sharda Ashram and his class mates, it is an open secret, age fudging was common then.

need real records of Dhoni as well.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Singh bling said:

It is not pak but entire south Asian teams. Bone test should be mandatory and conducted by icc any team access of 2-4 hiding their age then that team should be barred from junior cricket.

 

BTW look at Rashid khan. On papers he is barely 20 but he could easily be in late 20s.

bone test is mandatory in INdia

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, sandeep said:

Even in the latest WC - you should have seen the faces of their 2 opening bowlers - its like they shaved with 7 blades, right before stepping onto the field.  It was conspicuous how hard they tried to be clean-shaven.  Mohammed Musa I think one of them was, there's no way that guy was u19.  

 

Didn't matter much, still got spanked by big Papi.  As it should be.

Also i dont know why they have obsession with younger age, every time any new of their perform good they will say "Massallah he is just 16" ,or, "He is just 17" in case if he perform bad. Bloody cheats  hide age  more than even gals.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Among many include Sachin and Kambli to the list as well, pull up records from Sharda Ashram and his class mates, it is an open secret, age fudging was common then.

Sachin indeed looks like a 16 years old while debut.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, philcric said:

Afridi says he was born in 1975.

 

He says he was 19 when he scored that 37 ball century in 1996.

 

:phehe:

 

Thanks be to almighty, Math is not the strong suit.  Wild slogging, pitch dancing, ball biting, etc - now I'mma your guy.  

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

A 22 year old is much more preferred over 28 year old. So age does matter

yes but performance will matter whether 22 or 28. if they take care of it at age group level when those players graduate to senior level, it would not be needed.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post

All of Afghanistan players are age cheats.

Biggest BS I’ve ever heard from people is that Pathans look older than their age which is BS because they don’t. I know a lot of Pathans who look young for their age 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×