A mentally-jarred Umesh Yadav throws light on his poor form this season

Switchblade

https://www.crictracker.com/ipl-2019-a-mentally-jarred-umesh-yadav-throws-light-on-his-poor-form-this-season/

It is difficult to elaborate because it is part of every bowler  

“Everybody is saying I am not bowling well and why is this happening? Because in last two years I continued playing all formats at the domestic level, but after that, I have not played too many ODIs or T20s. I am just picked for 2 to 3 games, then again get dropped.

“Everyone is thinking I am not giving my best, but it is not. It happens for every fast bowler,” Umesh was quoted as saying in the New Indian Express. Moreover, the pace bowler also went on to say that things aren’t going well for him this year and that is the reason he has lost his rhythm.

“It is difficult to elaborate because it is part of every bowler. Sometimes, we have a good or a bad day. I think this is the phase wherein from 4 to 6 months I am not that accurate. Sometimes too many things goes into your head. Sometimes, there definitely is confidence, but other times I feel I am not having my time this year. Hence, that is the problem this year. Actually, my rhythm and everything is not going my way,” the fast bowler added.

Umesh has this mental block of trying to beat batsmen with his shear pace... Won’t work in T20s... By striving for more pace he ends up bowling leg side which mostly goes to boundaries.

He needs to mix his deliveries as batsmen usually anticipate his deliveries... He needs to work tirelessly to control his bowling. Most ends up bowling full tosses trying to bowl Yorkers. Maybe learn some tips from Bhumrah on his releases to bowl Yorkers...

All thus if he has some brains. Making excuses won’t help him...

Ashish Nehra, along with Kirsten, are the coaches while Vikram Solanki, a former England ODI opener, is RCB’s batting consultant. Mithun Manhas and Narendra Negi are the assistant coaches with former English pacer Kabir Ali assisting Nehra in the bowl...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/sports/some-structural-changes-need-to-be-made-kirsten-732023.html

Kabbir ali... who is that guy? 

On 5/2/2019 at 9:28 PM, Mosher said:

Umesh should play county cricket after IPL and work on his issues.

Exactly. A County stint can extend his career by 2-3 years. No better opportunity than this year. Ifhecan get a contract, he can play the entire season.

Was looking at his career stats, in a 11 yr long career, he has bowled 2200 FC overs and 1400 LOI overs, total 3600 overs at the top level, comes to 325 overs each year. Not enough bowling IMO. Warming the bench on the numerous tours has severely hurt his career

On 5/2/2019 at 10:01 PM, asterix said:

Umesh has this mental block of trying to beat batsmen with his shear pace... Won’t work in T20s... By striving for more pace he ends up bowling leg side which mostly goes to boundaries.

He needs to mix his deliveries as batsmen usually anticipate his deliveries... He needs to work tirelessly to control his bowling. Most ends up bowling full tosses trying to bowl Yorkers. Maybe learn some tips from Bhumrah on his releases to bowl Yorkers...

All thus if he has some brains. Making excuses won’t help him...

Lol he has been slow most matches except 1 or 2

4 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Exactly. A County stint can extend his career by 2-3 years. No better opportunity than this year. Ifhecan get a contract, he can play the entire season.

Was looking at his career stats, in a 11 yr long career, he has bowled 2200 FC overs and 1400 LOI overs, total 3600 overs at the top level, comes to 325 overs each year. Not enough bowling IMO. Warming the bench on the numerous tours has severely hurt his career

He was at his best during the home series vs England and Australia where he bowled lot of overs. So a county season where he bowls lot of overs would certainly help with his rhythm.